2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Thanks for the update OP. Totally unfortunate but at least thw powers that be are making it right.

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
Exactly this has been a thought in the back of my mind.

Gonna set up the MyKey for the unlikely event of having to go to the dealership.
How does my key stop joyriding ?

any update? i have a K1S dual dash cam front and rear and i have another K1S for the interior of the car cover 360 degrees around the car.

so far i have been able to show a cop i didnt run a red light and i have it one when i take my car in. i also tell the techs my car is not to be test driven under any circumstances. so far they have honored it. i have to take it in next week for the doors... fingers crossed.
Someone else mentioned but where are you mounting these?

Why arent more people using valet ?
ok just looked this up and saw it only locks the screen :/

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
How does my key stop joyriding ?
It doesn't.

I set mine to 65MPH. you can still accelerate to 65 as fast as you want but it'll stop there.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
Honestly what is with this country in being so sue happy? While I don't agree with the treatment of OPs car I don't think it has to escalate to lawyers right away. If it were me I'd work with the dealer first and if that went nowhere I'd look to legal counsel. This video along with a scathing review of the dealer should be enough to encourage them to work this out with OP.
OP said his motor was ticking.

Should he just suck it up then?

Work with the dealer. You're hilarious.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Valet as in program your Mykey. You can limit speed etc.
Don't think it would have helped much in this situation. Didn't look like those guys got to 65 - if they did, definitely not much faster.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I could have sworn you can set how much the throttle opens and a lower speed than 45. Maybe I've had too much beer tonight.:lol:

Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I could have sworn you can set how much the throttle opens and a lower speed than 45. Maybe I've had too much beer tonight.:lol:
:) Doesn't appear so. Would likely become too much of a liability if you neuter the car too much.

You can make it so advancetrac cannot be turned off - so that is something, I guess.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Sadly due to the nature of my cars modifications (Procharger, same as OP), I will NEVER take my car to the dealership. Sucks, but I know the outcome would be similar to OP's experience, just too much of a temptation for a service tech to taste the power.

No matter the issue, it will be diagnosed and the fault fixed by my hands. Engine or tranny gives out on me, I'll be getting friends over to lend a hand.

LBStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 V6 MT
Wow...I still remember a few years back when a chevy dealer got dinged hard cause some techs did burnouts in an SS. Can't believe dealers are still dumb enough to tolerate crap like this.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Wow...I still remember a few years back when a chevy dealer got dinged hard cause some techs did burnouts in an SS. Can't believe dealers are still dumb enough to tolerate crap like this.
The dealer did not tolerate it. Employees in question were fired.

While the 'dealer' can lay down rules about how to treat a car in for service, they can hardly control what an employee actually does in said car.
Sponsored