Sponsored

Ford techs joy riding my car...

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
I am playing devil's advocate below. You can flame me or the thoughts if you want. Regardless, what is below is possible without being tracked.

If you get no satisfaction...
you could ... cause them other issues.

I am sure this video could anonymously find it's way to the internet with the dealers name plastered all over it.

Even if they know where the video originated from, it cannot be proven you uploaded it. VPN service, new random email, run through a virtual machine that is later deleted... run from AWS, etc.

/flame suit zips up. :eyebulge:
Sponsored

Muff Muff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT PP
I am playing devil's advocate below. You can flame me or the thoughts if you want. Regardless, what is below is possible without being tracked.

If you get no satisfaction...
you could ... cause them other issues.

I am sure this video could anonymously find it's way to the internet with the dealers name plastered all over it.

Even if they know where the video originated from, it cannot be proven you uploaded it. VPN service, new random email, run through a virtual machine that is later deleted... run from AWS, etc.

/flame suit zips up. :eyebulge:
It's not so much a matter of if/how the video finds its way to various forms of media that matters, but more of the fact that the video exists without the present parties' consent to being recorded.

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
It's not so much a matter of if/how the video finds its way to various forms of media that matters, but more of the fact that the video exists without the present parties' consent to being recorded.
Maybe, but there is always the "I told someone there I had a dashcam" ;)

Muff Muff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT PP
Maybe, but there is always the "I told someone there I had a dashcam" ;)
But then it becomes a battle of he said she said, which won't stand in court. The OP either needed to record himself telling a representative of the dealership saying that any driving of the car wouldn't be allowed without OP's presence, could/would be recorded by dashcam, and that tampering with the dashcam by anyone other than OP is off limits, or have he/she sign a notarized disclaimer stating such.

Dealerships and the manufacturers pay lots of money to legal teams who write up service contracts with fine print to cover their own asses. The least we can do is understand the law and how it applies to our property to properly cover our own.

Sponsored

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
I love internet lawyering....
Rule #1 of the internet lawyering, don't take advice off the internet about the law. You'll get a whole lot of bad information and a lot of opinions. You won't however get good advice, unless that advice is to contact a real lawyer :headbonk:

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Payback ....

I say find out where they live and trash their cars. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Payback is a bitch. :cheers:

:headbang:

Holyfenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Go see a Lawyer. I've never heard of a lawyer who won't listen to your case and give you a consultation if the case is worth it.

Don't take advice from here. Take advice from a lawyer, whether its to use it or work it out directly with the dealership.

ArabianOak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
As a business owner I will give you the best advice I can...

First off, i'd lay off putting this video anywhere else. I'll explain why in a second.

Next thing you need to do is bring this video in to the dealer and sit down with not only the sales manager but the service manager as well.

Have a list of reasons your upset, the video makes it apparent but have a list with things like:

1. not happy with the way my car was driven etc etc

Next up you need to have another part of that list include a reasonable solution to the issue your presenting them. Something along the lines of I need new tires etc etc

I think you'll be surprised how much a reasonable manager is willing to go to fix an issue like this. Be sure to explain that you have layed off posting all over the internet/yelp/google etc because you want to give them a chance to make it right first.

If I had a customer come to me with the above issues I would go above and beyond to make it right, but once you start posting and bashing me without giving me a chance to fix it first, then I might not do anything to make it right AND I will wait for you to lawyer up.

Keep in mind that unless you can absolutely prove your claims (video is clear proof) then business owners can claim things against you (slander, torturous interference of business etc).

I'm not in the car business but I have owned my own business for over 14 years. Most business owners are happy to fix things like this well before they get out of hand!

Good luck!

Sponsored

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
One of the reasons why I won't take my Mustang to a dealership for service. I really enjoy doing it all myself anyway.

I hope the garage manager deals with it. Of couse, road tests are necessary at times, but this was a pure joy ride. Shows a real lack of professionalism on the technicians involved.

Zimm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6
As a business owner I will give you the best advice I can...

First off, i'd lay off putting this video anywhere else. I'll explain why in a second.

Next thing you need to do is bring this video in to the dealer and sit down with not only the sales manager but the service manager as well.

Have a list of reasons your upset, the video makes it apparent but have a list with things like:

1. not happy with the way my car was driven etc etc

Next up you need to have another part of that list include a reasonable solution to the issue your presenting them. Something along the lines of I need new tires etc etc

I think you'll be surprised how much a reasonable manager is willing to go to fix an issue like this. Be sure to explain that you have layed off posting all over the internet/yelp/google etc because you want to give them a chance to make it right first.

If I had a customer come to me with the above issues I would go above and beyond to make it right, but once you start posting and bashing me without giving me a chance to fix it first, then I might not do anything to make it right AND I will wait for you to lawyer up.

Keep in mind that unless you can absolutely prove your claims (video is clear proof) then business owners can claim things against you (slander, torturous interference of business etc).

I'm not in the car business but I have owned my own business for over 14 years. Most business owners are happy to fix things like this well before they get out of hand!

Good luck!
This is probably the best approach in here. :cheers:

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I had to take legal action against a dealership group once. The dealer will remain nameless but it is a very large group in the Sacramento area.

The reason I had to lawyer up is that the GM of the dealership brushed me off after multiple complaints. The complaints were due to action that
were as serious as the OP's.

Realistically, this will not go to court, It will go to mediation where you & your representation will sit with a lawyer from the dealership and work out a deal.

If I can offer a word of advice, DO NOT attack them on social media, yelp, google yet. Figure out if your recording violates state laws(it probably doesn't), talk
to the GM and/or owner and if they do not want to play ball take it up a notch with representation. A condition of your mediation will probably be removal of this
thread and any negative or damaging press. You will probably have to not discuss any of this situation after this is settled.

This is really unfortunate and I hope it gets worked out OP. Good Luck!:thumbsup:

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
I had to take legal action against a dealership group once. The dealer will remain nameless but it is a very large group in the Sacramento area.

The reason I had to lawyer up is that the GM of the dealership brushed me off after multiple complaints. The complaints were due to action that
were as serious as the OP's.

Realistically, this will not go to court, It will go to mediation where you & your representation will sit with a lawyer from the dealership and work out a deal.

If I can offer a word of advice, DO NOT attack them on social media, yelp, google yet. Figure out if your recording violates state laws(it probably doesn't), talk
to the GM and/or owner and if they do not want to play ball take it up a notch with representation. A condition of your mediation will probably be removal of this
thread and any negative or damaging press. You will probably have to not discuss any of this situation after this is settled.

This is really unfortunate and I hope it gets worked out OP. Good Luck!:thumbsup:

I've seen this vid on reddit and another location already. Complete removal at this point is probably not possible.
Sponsored