Sponsored

Ford techs joy riding my car...

Ohiohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Hellcat
Me too. Joined to see outcome, I'm from Akron as well.
Sponsored

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Someyhing like this had happened to bmw m135 or whatever owner. Joy ride was posted on multiple websites. Not sure I remember the outcome, but dealer recognized wrongdoing

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
@emh87 It happened to me a couple of month ago and they didn't even fix my car! I posted the video everywhere even on Yelp, Ford Social media and I called Ford Motor Company and filled a complain on their a$$. They called me back to remove the video and I told them to f**k off and people needed to see/know what they do every day!

PS: Before posting my video online I went the next day to see the service director and told him what happened. Their tech didn't do s**t to my car and I have a video proof of what happened! I also asked for a refund which I shouldn't have been charged for since my car is under warranty! He agreed that it was not normal. (2 weeks passed and still no refund or answering my call). He said that he wanted to make it right this time and insisted on bringing the car back the next day. I went back the next day and told him that I can no longer trust this technicians working on my car. I also told him that I'm sure he talked to him about what happened and he now knows there's a dash cam that can be disconnected easily. The service director then told me: "Sir, I think you'll never be happy with that car because you keep complaining about the issues." (Maybe... I wouldn't have to complain if the job was done correctly! It's a brand new car it should have zero issues and that's it!). Advise: Put a dash cam on your car that has a big capacitor when you bring your car for service!

Last edited:

SQ_S550

rollin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
In for the outcome, and Dash cam is next on my list!

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Why did they leave the dashcam on. You would think that mechanics would know that it was there and how to turn it off.

Sponsored

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
i def wanna know how this shit ends. and my fiance thinks im crazy when i tell her the car will never be at the dealership again after i took it off the lot..

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
Why did they leave the dashcam on. You would think that mechanics would know that it was there and how to turn it off.
Why would they feel a need to turn it off if they are being professional. Their is no reason to turn off the dash cam period unless they are hiding something. My car is going to be going in to Ford service in another week or so for like 5-6 days to redo my hood and to fix a few other issues under warranty.

I plan on letting the service writer know there is a dash cam and it will be recording and for no reason they should be disconnecting it. I also plan on taking video of my car before i drop it off. It's shame it has to be this way before dropping a car off for service but unfortunately these young kids dealers hire can't be trusted

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
I've worked at a dealership and this doesnt surprise me at all. Most people who work at dealerships are sleezebags. I had to leave after 5 months because i just couldnt stomach working there anymore. This type of crap happens WAYYYYY too often. Most of these techs/porters only see low end models all day long so when a "specialty" car comes in, Its a spectacle. I worked at a Nissan dealer so whenever a 350z/370z or GTR came in for service, There is ALWAYS that one guy revving the shit out of it or slobbering all over it. In fact, the owner/GM restricted anyone other than the service manager from even being able to drive a GTR for this reason, People will beat the crap out of it.

My words of advice for people will any "specialty" car. Learn how to work on the car yourself or find a trustworthy Mustang shop. AVOID dealerships at all cost.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I've worked at a dealership and this doesnt surprise me at all. Most people who work at dealerships are sleezebags. I had to leave after 5 months because i just couldnt stomach working there anymore. This type of crap happens WAYYYYY too often. Most of these techs/porters only see low end models all day long so when a "specialty" car comes in, Its a spectacle. I worked at a Nissan dealer so whenever a 350z/370z or GTR came in for service, There is ALWAYS that one guy revving the shit out of it or slobbering all over it. In fact, the owner/GM restricted anyone other than the service manager from even being able to drive a GTR for this reason, People will beat the crap out of it.

My words of advice for people will any "specialty" car. Learn how to work on the car yourself or find a trustworthy Mustang shop. AVOID dealerships at all cost.
Exactly this has been a thought in the back of my mind.

Gonna set up the MyKey for the unlikely event of having to go to the dealership.

Sponsored

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
any update? i have a K1S dual dash cam front and rear and i have another K1S for the interior of the car cover 360 degrees around the car.

so far i have been able to show a cop i didnt run a red light and i have it one when i take my car in. i also tell the techs my car is not to be test driven under any circumstances. so far they have honored it. i have to take it in next week for the doors... fingers crossed.

TheDoctor66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP Name: Sylvanas
any update? i have a K1S dual dash cam front and rear and i have another K1S for the interior of the car cover 360 degrees around the car.

so far i have been able to show a cop i didnt run a red light and i have it one when i take my car in. i also tell the techs my car is not to be test driven under any circumstances. so far they have honored it. i have to take it in next week for the doors... fingers crossed.
How did you mount the interior one?

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
How did you mount the interior one?
He shifted like a bitch! If you are going to joy ride it do it right!!!

Sucks man, I worked at a dodge dealer for a while years and years ago. There wasn't a Viper in Las Vegas that wasn't hammered on by our Viper tech. He ran the shit out of them when they came in for service!

Jeffh81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
I take my camaro into the local dealership for service and amazingly no issues. I have had issues at other dealerships revving my mustangs sky high and spinning tires

OP
OP
emh87

emh87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT Premium 6MT
Sorry for the delayed response to the thread, but I do have an update now.

I have talked with the store manager, and service manager, and they have apologized purfusely. They have offered to replace the damaged interior panels, repair a dent I found on the passenger door, and offer me free service. I have yet to do anything mainly because the parts are on back order. They also told me I could be there when they do the work because they know I don't fully trust them.

But I did find out they held a meeting at every store because of what happened, and fired both techs the next day after I emailed them.

I do have to admit the service manager, and store manager both seem like genuinely good people, and I can tell they feel really bad about what happened.
Sponsored