Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I don't believe they'd change the turbo for 10 hp...unless the Mustang is getting it too in 2016.
It's just an upgraded version of the same turbo. But I've also heard that the 2017 EcoBoost Mustang will get these same engine enhancements too.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Sounds very similar to the MRT exhaust in this debut video Ford showed. [ame]

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
It still sounds like canned ass. I know everyone is hoping for a magic bullet to make these cars sound good, but it is not going to happen. The SW is the only thing I have heard that really gives the car a unique sound.

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
It still sounds like canned ass. I know everyone is hoping for a magic bullet to make these cars sound good, but it is not going to happen. The SW is the only thing I have heard that really gives the car a unique sound.
The sound is such a personal thing for most people. What sounds like canned ass to you, I think sounds great. Personally, I think my brothers procharged Coyote with Borlas sounds like canned ass.

For me, I love how the headifold equipped cars sound. Such a different sound than most of your other turbocharged 4 cylinders.

I'm around WRX/STIs all day long, and I am soooo tired of the sound of inefficiency. When I tell people I hate the sound of the boxer rumble, they look at me like I am crazy. When it is all you hear all day long, you get excited when something unique comes along.

To be honest, I bought the EB over the GT because of the unique exhaust tone. With the Voodoo around the corner, I am tempted to save my pennies and upgrade in a year or two. Again, it has a unique sound compared to most cars.

Maybe I just enjoy being the unique flower. :shrug:

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I think you are one of the few that really likes the way it sounds. I don't think the Ecoboost sounds horrible, but I don't think it sounds good either.

Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Sounds better than the Ecoboost stock. Progress is progress.

I like the SW, but seeing the way it is shipped for the GTs and how banged up they are, I'm iffy on it. I'm still waiting on COBB and a few others before I make a decision.

Borla's own exhaust system sounded good on the Focus ST to me, so I'm also seeing if they do their own system for the Focus.

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Ecoboost Premium
I just want something that's deep, rumbly, and not tinny. :)

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
I have listened to all of them and the only one that really grabbed me and said "unique, aggressive and a good tone," was SW. I know it is a matter of personal taste, and I accept that. Some 4 cylinders really do sound great though. A K Series with a ton of boost sounds good, for example. The EB sounds like it should be powering an irrigation pump in a rice field.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I have listened to all of them and the only one that really grabbed me and said "unique, aggressive and a good tone," was SW. I know it is a matter of personal taste, and I accept that. Some 4 cylinders really do sound great though. A K Series with a ton of boost sounds good, for example. The EB sounds like it should be powering an irrigation pump in a rice field.

Maybe an Ecoboost with a ton of boost will sound good too. ;)

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
They're saying "more than x HP"... It will probably end up being closer to 340-350 HP.
They said "more than 300 HP" when talking about the Mustang - and we got 305. I'm coming out saying it will be 325 for merely "more" or "well over" being 330. I'd read 330 at one point...

Sponsored

limequat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
They said "more than 300 HP" when talking about the Mustang - and we got 305. I'm coming out saying it will be 325 for merely "more" or "well over" being 330. I'd read 330 at one point...
Yeah, I think you're right. I would think that if they went too far it would be stepping on the toes of the 2.7 ecoboost.

EcoSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard EB PP
The sample in this video sounds good. I know some secrets :gossip:. Why I'm in no rush to bolt on anything yet.

blackfire12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium + PP, DIB
That's exactly it and in my opinion, I bet all they did was upgrade the intercooler to get to 320HP. Obviously no one will know until they get their hands on it but I think a big tell is how huge that front portion is. Just look at the thing...

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
That's exactly it and in my opinion, I bet all they did was upgrade the intercooler to get to 320HP. Obviously no one will know until they get their hands on it but I think a big tell is how huge that front portion is. Just look at the thing...
The press release specifically states upgraded turbo with larger compressor and bigger intercooler.

Also mentions the head is a different alloy, different sleeves in the block and different head gasket.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
"Aggressive, functional design inside and out makes Focus RS the most powerful production Focus ever, with highly capable performance on both road and track"

The Focus RS500 had 345 HP.

edit:

Also, "The all-new Focus RS is equipped with a new 2.3-liter EcoBoost® engine producing well in excess of 315 horsepower."

This thing will be around 340-350 HP in the states.
Sponsored

Reactions: jjw