FFTEC Motorsports Photo Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeB@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evo 8
I'd like to take some time to formally introduce FFTEC Motorsports to the community and share some of FFTEC Motorsports' accomplishments. We produce the Max! Performance Packages for the Mustang EB, VFF Single Turbo kit, VFF Flex Fuel kit and VFF In Line Fuel Pump kit for the BMW 335i, 135i and 1M, we also support and manufacture products for the Mustang EB, Porsche 996, 997, and Mitsubishi Evo 8, 9, X and Nissan GTR. FFTEC is now in it’s 11th year of business and we've grown from a 900 square foot shop with two staff members into a 8000 square foot facility with fourteen full time employees. Our goals are based around service and customer care. If our customers aren't happy, we're not happy. We choose to install only the highest quality products to ensure a high performing car that will out-perform as well as outlast the competition. We tailor our services specifically to the MustangEB, Nissan GTR, BMW, Mitsubishi and Porsche, so you know you're getting the best service possible.

We offer the following services:
-General Maintenance
-Troubleshooting and Diagnosis
-Major maintenance
-Engine Building and blueprinting
-Dyno Tuning
-Custom Fabrication
-Race Preperation
-Vehicle transportation

-Zhong Cheung. Daily driven Xtreme speed champion two years running.
Redline Time Attack Buttonwillow 2012
-Overall Redline Time AttackWinner
-1st place AWD Category
-1st place Modified class

Zhong strolled into FFTEC Motorsports looking for advice on his setup, and a tune. Although Zhong lives in the LA area he brings the car back to us every month or so and we spend some time going over his car, ensuring everything is mechanically sound. The results have been extremely impressive as Zhong's race car is also his daily driver, and competes with fully prepped race cars.

Trophies from Redline Time Attack

Zhong in action

[ame]

-Our Drag Evo has been running consistent 9 second passes for over 4 years on the same engine. Last year we lost a spark plug on a pass so we have a fresh engine in the car and ready for action in the coming months. We hope to continue to drop our times down by a few tenths this year. Our best run so far is a 9.264 at 151 MPH. This car is owned and driven by Pat B.

Here is the record 9.264 second pass.

[ame]

-Sean O'Boyle/Josh Salvage. 5th and 2nd place finish at the SCCA National Auto X in an FFTEC Tuned Evo 9

Sean came to us in search of an updated tune. Due to his class specifications, we were unable to modify boost so we were a bit handicapped, but we ended up squeezing a few more ponies out of the car and cleaning up the midrange power delivery. The results came right away with impressive finishes.

In mid 2011 we were approached by Mark Arcenal of Fatlace to collaborate on building a Porsche 964. At first, we were unsure how this project would work out, but after seeing the pictures of the RWB kit that would be installed, we didn't hesitate as much. This was the first RWB Porsche to be built in the U.S. and is the fastest RWB car in the world. RWB is a German name for a Japanese company which means Rauh Welt Begriff (rough world) and the name conveys the owner Nakai's outlook of the world. Nakai has been building these cars by hand for years. Each car is built by him with no exceptions. Once we got the keys, we transformed the car to perform as well as it looks. We fabricated a custom single turbo kit, roll cage, AEM Series Two EMS, and fuel system designed to support E85 fuel. Since then, the car has become \ famous and was featured on Super Street's cover, as well as blogs such as Speedhunters.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2011/11/car_feature_the_illest_rwb_porsche/

She came in looking like this

And left like this.

She received a makeover this year, so she's a bit more understated. I'm actually a fan of the new color.

[ame]

-FFTEC/Vishnu Single turbo kit (VFF600, VFF700, VFF900) for the N54 335i. The first successfully produced single turbo kit for the N54 based vehicles.
-The world's highest horsepower 335i.
-The world's fastest 335i 10.82 @132 MPH
-N54 engine and 335i 60-130mph world record holder.
-The BMW was also featured on Edmunds The Inside Line.

Just before SEMA 2011 we started the single turbo conversion on Shiv's 335i. The initial build and testing took a few months and have pushed the limits of the N54 since. After this kit was produced, we've also developed a Flex Fuel Conversion Kit and Fuel system upgrades with other products under development.

The record ten second pass.

[ame]

Just for fun, here are some of our customers getting a ride in one of our Single Turbo 335i vehicles.

[ame]

The initial article is here.
http://blogs.insideline.com/straigh...ishnu-performance-systems-bmw-335i-coupe.html

The second article includes some videos
http://blogs.insideline.com/straigh...ishnu-performance-systems-bmw-335i-coupe.html

We also made our own video documenting the abuse the car took during that trip. Not only was it driven to Los Angeles for the test, but also to Las Vegas after the test with no mechanical issues during the entire trip. The turbo kit has since begun production and cars nationwide are shipped here on a regular basis while the turbo kit itself ships worldwide.

Watch the video on our You Tube Channel Here.

[ame]

We also built and completed Evan's Lightning McQueen. The build of this car started because the plastic tires were worn out, and needed to be replaced. We looked into go kart rubber tires, and steel wheels. Before you know it we were cutting up the frame, welding an aluminum chassis together and converting to 24v batteries, upgraded speed controls, disc brake, and a custom front end with increased steering angle. We joked while building the car that this would be more famous than any car we've built in ten years. It's funny because that actually came true. Evan's Lighning McQueen has over 3 million views on You Tube, and has been featured on new stations world wide.

Take a look at the full build here

http://www.fftec.com/article/109/Evans_Lightning_McQueen.html

Here is the original video

[ame]

Part 2 of the video.

[ame]

some photos of the car during construction.

More recently Captain Insano's 335i set a new World Horsepower Record and 60-130 record of 6.28 seconds! That's faster than a McLaren MP4-12C. This 335i is utilizing a prototype VFF 900 Twin Scroll Bottom Mount Single Turbo Kit and has proven itself producing 738 WHP and 538 LB/FT of torque. That lofty number wouldn't have been possible without the supporting modfications; Vishnu Procede Rev 3, Vishnu PWM Methanol Injection System and Quaife LSD to name a few. "The Captain" as he is known enjoys this vehicle as often as possible attending HPDE track events all over the state as well as Shift S3ctor's Air Strip Attack where in April he set the record as the fastest E92 vehicle at 163 MPH. Stay tuned as this car has more updates coming in the near future.

The video from Shift S3ctor in April.

[ame]

Mike's GTR came into the shop with 1300 miles on the clock and a trunk full of parts to install including Gotboost Intakes, HKS Legamax Exhaust, downpipes, y pipe, and SIR turbos to name a few. During a visit to the shop, Mike decided to go big. The motor was torn down and rebuilt with a set of rods and pistons from CP/Carillo and some new Kelford cams with matching valve springs were installed. Before the car was tuned and ready for track time, the transmission was sent to Jack's Transmissions for a rebuild and upgrade to handle the increased power and torque this car was sure deliver. On the FFTEC Motorsports Mustang Dyno, Mike's GTR spun the rollers to the tune of 761 AWHP and ran a 9.7 at 143 MPH.

[ame]

Stay tuned as we'll keep this thread updated with all the exciting and interesting projects in the shop.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
MikeB@FFtec

MikeB@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evo 8
There have been a lot of pretty cool cars in the shop the last couple of weeks.

Boris' super clean 996GT2 is in for an upgraded throttle body, plenum, fuel system and custom calibration with E85!

A shipment of tires arrived, ready to be mounted and balanced.

These two are works in progress!!!

Special delivery!

Some other projects in the works. Stay tuned!

Katsu's CCM Adapters came back from Anodizing. They came out great!

We've had some pretty cool cars come by the shop!

A 350z owned by the one and only Tim Bailey from Cobb.

A Honda CRX race car.

Sophen stopped by with his M4.

Dave is installing a new final drive gear in this BRZ.

This Ford Focus ST came by for a methanol injection system install.

Borg Warner EFR turbos

Ohlins suspension on Andy's GTR.

Fabrication of the new turbo system for this Porsche is getting started today.

The exhaust manifold is being tacked and test fitted before final assembly and welding.

VR38 work in progess

Mike stopped by with his M3 to have some new tires installed before his track day this weekend.

Oscar's 240z with an RB25 engine swap. Since we've last had the car here a new fuel system has been installed including a surge tank, fuel rail and larger injectors.

Dave installed a clutch on this Evo X.

Charge pipes being fabricated for our Mustang Ecoboost clients.

Doug's super clean Porsche 911 is getting some new Nitto NT01 tires installed.

Photo bomb.

Carbon ceramic brakes are being installed on Anthony's GTR

The rear brake calipers have been machined for clearance.

Front rotors installed and ready for action!

surge tank kit is being assembled and installed on this Evolution X. This car sees regular duty at the track, and a surge tank is a must have for the Evo X to prevent fuel starvation.

Michael's super clean 240Z came in for some updates to the calibration and a general check up. This car is amazingly clean!

Did I mention that is also has an RB25?

#WCW (Wide Car Wednesday)

The Porsche 996 Turbo engine is resting nicely in the engine bay with a custom engine mount our fabrication team put together.

Intercooler cores waiting for fabrication.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Cool stuff Mike. I hope that one day I can make it out and see everything in person!

OP
OP
MikeB@FFtec

MikeB@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evo 8
Cool stuff Mike. I hope that one day I can make it out and see everything in person!
Thanks! I'd love to give you a tour! We always have something exciting going on here.

OP
OP
MikeB@FFtec

MikeB@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evo 8
Updates!!!

Anthony is helping this GTR with a facelift! New parts will be coming in soon.

This 4G63 build is coming along and will be ready to install very soon.

Test fitting the new Borg Warner EFR turbos on the Porsche 911.

I cought a shot of a wild Anthony in its natural habitat.

Give us a call for all your tire mounting and balancing needs! Help us finish the pyramid!

Ron stopped by with some new shoes!

Random GTR photos from in shop projects.

Highway 5 casualties.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MikeB@FFtec

MikeB@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evo 8
New rubber arrived!

Anthony's super clean Cayman is getting some very nice upgrades!
X73 Suspension Kit, GT3 control arms, Pagid Brake Pads, Stainless Brake Lines and a Cargraphic exhaust system. Coming soon to a track day near you!

Have a save and happy Easter weekend!

Stay tuned for more updates next week!

OP
OP
MikeB@FFtec

MikeB@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evo 8
Josh's beast, all dressed up and ready to go home!

Dave is handling the installation of a new ETS intercooler on this 335i.

R8 Calibration and development in progress. Stay tuned for more updates coming soon.

Ron stopped by with some new wheels! More power and upgrades on the way!

New CCM brakes are being fitted on Katsu's GTR.

Away she goes for a test drive.

Project Ladybug?

This RB25 powered Z hit the rollers for a new calibration and a few more
ponies!

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Is that a Mustang I see in the background of the second to last pic? ;-)

OP
OP
MikeB@FFtec

MikeB@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evo 8
OP
OP
MikeB@FFtec

MikeB@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evo 8
Audi S5 calibration and development. Check!

The custom fuel system for this 996 GT2 Turbo is just about ready to install! Custom calibration for E85 coming up next!

Jimmy's super clean 997.1 Turbo came in for a check up and some new spark plugs. Next up is a custom Cobb calibration! Stay tuned for more power!

Sponsored
OP
OP
MikeB@FFtec

MikeB@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evo 8
Custom calibration in progress!

Carl's FFTEC rebuilt 4G63 engine is being installed today! Custom calibration coming soon!

Turbo Tuesday?

ssyellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Competition Orange GT - PP/Recaros
Good lord, this is how you make an intro post. Keep the eye-candy coming.

Will you be making any products the Mustang GT or just Ecoboost?

OP
OP
MikeB@FFtec

MikeB@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evo 8
Good lord, this is how you make an intro post. Keep the eye-candy coming.

Will you be making any products the Mustang GT or just Ecoboost?
Thanks!

I'll send you a PM!

OP
OP
MikeB@FFtec

MikeB@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evo 8
Joe's BMW 135i came in for a boost leak and diagnostic.

Our collaborative build with GT Auto Concepts is all finished up and ready to go. We had the intercooler powder coated a custom color to match his upcoming livery. It looks amazing in person!

Lance and Vince picked up the GTR in style! Their 450 Scuderia sports a full exhaust system that really screams!

Two more Evo engine builds coming along nicely! Custom calibration coming up soon!

Brandon's engine is all buttoned up and ready to install!

This Ford Raptor will be our dedicated tow vehicle for the transporting Andy's FFTEC Built and calibrated GTR to Shift S3ctor's air strip attack in Coalinga tomorrow!

Stay tuned for results and photos from the event next week!

Final Shift S3ctor prep!

New Toyo R888, mounted balanced. Check!
Fresh Motul 300V Engine Oil. Check!
Brake system bled and flushed with Endless RF650 fluid. Check!

OP
OP
MikeB@FFtec

MikeB@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evo 8
Another Shift S3ctor is in the books!

It was a great event and we really enjoyed hanging out with the Local GTR Community in the pits!

Andy's GTR, unloaded and ready for action!

I'm not really sure what's going on in this picture. Definitely some bromance happening behind the camera lens.

I captured some of the local wildlife visiting us.

This Porsche 918 is what dreams are made of. It is one truly beautiful machine.

There were also other P cars in attendance including this 911 turbo.

Some other random cars from the pits.

On to the GTRs!

Andy's FFTEC Built and Calibrated GTR was running great all weekend. At 31 pounds he ran 190+ MPH consistently. Great Job!

Katsu's FFTEC Built and Calibrated GTR also ran well. He posted multiple runs within 1 MPH! Way to go sir!

Father and son approval the new M5!

Josh's super clean GTR. He drove down early during the rain and raced all day. Nice seeing your car on the road and track!

Gidi's Alpha 20 GTR in the pits looking menacing.

The GTR really looks great in Red.

Jon's collaborative BMS tuned/FFTEC Built and FFTEC Turbo powered 335i was putting in work! This car makes 700 WHP and was running consistent 160+ MPH passes all day!

Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.