Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
Once you start adding options it gets up there REAL quick. Even with the 15% off, I was still well over $8,000. Its still not quite $9k tho :) lol But when I shopped around, it was definitely right in line with competitors. No matter which you choose, once you add options/upgrades they get real expensive real quick. I won't say you should go with Whipple, because there is a bunch of great options out there. But I will say that If I had it to do over again... I'd without a doubt make the exact same choice. I will still be very interested in seeing what this Edelbrock does once it hits the streets. I am getting a little long in the tooth, and the names Edelbrock, Roush and Kenne Bell will always be a little sentimental to me. But again, wouldn't consider changing my decision for a second.
Sponsored

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I didn't even pay close to $8k for mine with the 132mm TB. I didn't go with the $400 fans; I picked up $60 fan on amazon and they work great.

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
I didn't even pay close to $8k for mine with the 132mm TB. I didn't go with the $400 fans; I picked up $60 fan on amazon and they work great.
I grabbed the fans, the TB, the new high flow IC pump, the bigger injectors and paid the extra $600 to get it powder coated white. So I def coulda been easily under $8k. But when your gona spend that kinda money, you might as well get what ya want :)

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I grabbed the fans, the TB, the new high flow IC pump, the bigger injectors and paid the extra $600 to get it powder coated white. So I def coulda been easily under $8k. But when your gona spend that kinda money, you might as well get what ya want :)
Lol, oh yeah, that is a nice setup. I just upgraded to FIC 1000s and the high flow pump because I am goinv to run more boost. I wish now that I would have had mine coated.

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
A part of me said paying $600 to powder coat something under the hood was just stupid. But the other part of me said wtf is another $600 when you already $8k in... That is the side that won out in the end lol Now I get to spend half my life trying to keep a white Whipple clean...

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I didnt know it was 10400 without any custom paint or carbon anything, just more power option mods. Not including an intake. 8700 otd with that 15% off. Yikes. I didn think their belt kit would be 1500 alone. Thought id be 600. I was interested in a vortech YSI-B personally but changed my mind and going with spdbydesign tt kit eventually. I do like what whipple offers a lot as far as PD blowers are concerned. I also like KB. Both are high quality.

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
I didnt know it was 10300 without any custom paint or carbon anything, just more power option mods. 8700 otd with that 15% off. Yikes. I didn think their belt kit would be 1500 alone. Thought id be 600. I was interested in a vortech YSI-B personally but changed my mind and going with spdbydesign tt kit eventually. I do like what whipple offers a lot as far as PD blowers are concerned. I also like KB. Both are high quality.
Every option you named is definitely a solid option. Can't go wrong with any of them.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I didnt know it was 10400 without any custom paint or carbon anything, just more power option mods. Not including an intake. 8700 otd with that 15% off. Yikes. I didn think their belt kit would be 1500 alone. Thought id be 600. I was interested in a vortech YSI-B personally but changed my mind and going with spdbydesign tt kit eventually. I do like what whipple offers a lot as far as PD blowers are concerned. I also like KB. Both are high quality.
If I didn't go with whipple, I would go with KB.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Wonder why there is no whipple crusher 3.4, 4.0 or 4.5 available. I figured a demand for the 3.4 or 4.0 would at least be there.

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
For $6900 you get 650-700 whp range depending on pulley at 15% with the crusher 132mm throttle body and upgraded 72lb inj. The dual fan upgrade is a bit pricey, I did the same as evo8904 and found my own 11" Spal fans, even better with the curve blades for $130. The fan wiring is real simple stuff.

BG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford F150, '17 Lincoln MKZ
I thought this was the Edelbrock supercharger thread...Whipple seems great, so do some others. However, everybody doesn't want a Whipple. There are other places on this site to see how great the Whipple is. The 2015+ Edelbrock kit seems pretty good. Maybe it's not, time will tell. Hopefully we hear more about it soon.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Wonder why there is no whipple crusher 3.4, 4.0 or 4.5 available. I figured a demand for the 3.4 or 4.0 would at least be there.
Not sure the demand is there for the bigger ones at this time. Hey you can max the engine potential with the 2.9L right now. Leathalperformance is hitting 150 mph trap speed with there 6 speed stock engine and vehicle weight with the 2.9L. That's in the 900 whp range easy.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I thought this was the Edelbrock supercharger thread...Whipple seems great, so do some others. However, everybody doesn't want a Whipple. There are other places on this site to see how great the Whipple is. The 2015+ Edelbrock kit seems pretty good. Maybe it's not, time will tell. Hopefully we hear more about it soon.
Lol, don't complain when it doesn't have good results. There is a reason why so many have paid more for a Whipple. Hell, I could have bought a different SC for $5000 brand new since I was the first to order. I cancelled and paid more for a Whipple and extremely glad that I did.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Not sure the demand is there for the bigger ones at this time. Hey you can max the engine potential with the 2.9L right now. Leathalperformance is hitting 150 mph trap speed with there 6 speed stock engine and vehicle weight with the 2.9L. That's in the 900 whp range easy.
Thats not enough if i wanted one. Im looking for 1300whp and 165s-170s. The ysi-b or turbo were my best options. :p
Sponsored