Sponsored

Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger...

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Does anyone here have any feedback as far as the Pros and Cons, when it comes to the Edelbrock's line up (Stage 1, 2 and 3)?
Sponsored

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt 6-speed/ performance pack Oxford white
All I know it's they ate supposed to be coming out worth a new series for our cars, supposed to be out next month

kn7671

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Edelbrock has only recently released a part number for a 2015 Mustang Supercharger kit, so with that in mind, we could only talk specifics to the S197 5.0 based superchargers.

These supposedly drive very nice, and make very efficient power at lower boost levels over other designs, but that comes at the cost of being able to push it to much higher power levels.

You first have to decide what you what in power, noise, reliability (of your car). The higher the power, the more likely you will need better axles, new clutch, new transmission. Do you want any sort of warranty, each brand offers some type of warranty, some with an option to cover your cars drivetrain for an extended amount of time.

I recently chose the Roush Supercharger for my 2015. I don't drag race at the strip, will never bolt-on race tires, and drive my car as a commuter. I just want more power at-will that is reliable and mostly quiet and imperceptible, in other words, no supercharger whine. I had a 2004 Cobra back in '04, and while that Supercharger was fun, it was a noisy whiny thing that was just flat out annoying at times, never again.

When Edelbrock releases the specs/numbers for the S550 supercharger kit, I expect to see them supporting approximately 650HP in a similar design to the S197 kits. Good thing about Edelbrock, they sell a 5yr/60k optional vehicle powertrain warranty with their kits.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I had a 2004 Cobra back in '04, and while that Supercharger was fun, it was a noisy whiny thing that was just flat out annoying at times, never again.
Blasphemy! :D

Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
That sounds like an Exceptional warranty, and may attract some for that reason alone. As far as the twin screw whine goes on the new well insulated body it's not load at all, and I think for most the whine at high loads is really attractive. It screams Perforamnce and just flat out badness when your on it, but is quite at idle and low loads like daily cruising around.

So the Edlebrock E Force supercharger system for the coyote is basically an Eaton TVS 2.3 roots blower like the Roush.

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Had a good long discussion with local speed shop. For my needs, he understood why I had settled on Procharger to pick up the winter. However, he suggest I take a look at the Edelbrock as he thinks it would also be perfect for me

kn7671

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
That sounds like an Exceptional warranty, and may attract some for that reason alone. As far as the twin screw whine goes on the new well insulated body it's not load at all, and I think for most the whine at high loads is really attractive. It screams Perforamnce and just flat out badness when your on it, but is quite at idle and low loads like daily cruising around.

So the Edlebrock E Force supercharger system for the coyote is basically an Eaton TVS 2.3 roots blower like the Roush.
Edelbrock uses an inverted design, screws in the block valley blowing upwards through the cooler and then into much longer runners. IMO - it's better suited to someone desiring more torque versus top-end power for an overall improved driving experience at lower boost levels.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/edelbrock-sc-2011gt.html#product_pics-7

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
Oh and when I talked to them a while back about their new e force they said it fits under the strut brace

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Oh and when I talked to them a while back about their new e force they said it fits under the strut brace
I must admit it does have a nice OEM appearance and even better that the strut brace can be used. :clap2:

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
That sounds like an Exceptional warranty, and may attract some for that reason alone.
Yeah, that's pretty outstanding, I mean, I suppose it depends on the price [for the additional warranty]. I also wonder how that's handled? Authorized installer, then any warranty issues and the Ford dealer bills back to Edelbrock?

kn7671

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Unfortunately, there just are not enough details on the Edelbrock Supercharger for the 2015 Mustang yet, just a part number and some detail comparisons to the S197 model, but no power numbers yet.

ptoemmes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible, White, PP 6sp

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Looking at it, I highly doubt it will clear the STB without lowering the engine a lot. I would pass on this, there are better SC on the market already.

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
Looking at it, I highly doubt it will clear the STB without lowering the engine a lot. I would pass on this, there are better SC on the market already.
We don't know if the others are leaps and bounds better, there hasn't been any test or results done yet, and I talked to them a while back and it will clear the brace they didn't tell me the motor had to be lowered
Sponsored