Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
'Course you did :hail:
Well you will just have to watch the video I posted on here trouncing an Audi S5 as Proof cuz you know those are faster than 370zs.

Yeah stock for stock, the fat Jap would trounce the fat Yank (100+ kg in it), in the twisties, you could put a flame thrower out an eco boosts arse and the result would be even more of a trouncing.
I don't even..... Flamethrower What?
Hell make it really twisty and both will get done by a BRZ

I think stock to stock is the only real way to judge any two cars.

I don't get buying an ecoboost, then spending a small fortune trying to turn it into a GT :shrug: The fat Datsun isn't even in the same genre as ANY Mustang, so I guess I don't get the need for comparison, pointless really, but that's car guys for ya :cool:
Anyway, autodragbhan away :thumbsup:
I don't get buying a GT and spending a fortune trying to turn it into a GT350R or a 370z into a GTR:crazy:
Sponsored

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Man, untwist your panties, who cares?

Take an aspirin

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
So modded vs modded isn't fair?

I'm waiting for the day I beat someone in a race and they tell me that their car is faster than mine stock.

Comparing a 30k car to a 25 k car is apples to apples?

Hell, Lets go dollar for dollar
Msrp is 25k vs 30k I have 2.5k in Performance mods so yeah that
I think i stated clearly that tuned the eb has the advantage,last i checked tuned is modded.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Man, untwist your panties, who cares?

Take an aspirin
My panties are fine, you however do seem to care, alot. I'm not the one talking about panties when someone refutes my point. I am really just trying to figure out your contradictions, you drive a 425hp 370z according to your sig but you talk about stock vs stock being the only true comparison? You talk like twisty roads are the be all and end all of driving but you are giving up that 370 for what you said a worse handling car? A GT no less which is heavier than the ECO and if both were equipped similarly would handle (slightly) worse?

But you will probably just patronize me again with something about panties or the size of my wiener. If I had Issues about my penis size, I'd be driving the 5.0, no the 5.2, nahh not big enough 6.2, 7.0? no only Vipers have engines big enough to call yourself a man!

So stock for stock the 2016 Camaro SS will Whoop all our asses
/thread
/forum

The O.P. asked a very specific question about an Ecoboost with a tune and bolt-ons vs an unspecified 370z, Not about stock for stock or twisty mountain roads. We all know the 370 will handle slightly better, though the gap is not what Nissan owners would have you believe, so close in fact it would be purely up to the driver Hell since we are magazine racing now
The 370 does the figure 8 in 24.7 seconds @ .76g
And the Ecoboost does it in 25 seconds flat @ .85g

I hate magazine racing by the way, and stock for stock is pure magazine racing.

So now that we have established my panties are permanently twisted, I have the biggest wiener on the road, am in dire need of aspirin for my PMS and really should have just bought the Shelby because modding cars is for posers. can we please go back to having an adult discussion about the topic at hand?

The 370Z was a fine vehicle in 2009, it is however priced way to high for it's level of performance and age of the platform. It will barely beat any Ecoboost who doesn't want to pay $500 for a tune. and $200 for a set of springs as the factory tune and springs are admittedly terrible.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Well lets say stock to stock to be fair,i dont see the eb winning that race.Tuned is a big advantage to the eb
Did you read the original post? I know you like to imaginary races, but the OP is talking about 2 specific cars.

'Course you did :hail:

Yeah stock for stock, the fat Jap would trounce the fat Yank (100+ kg in it), in the twisties, you could put a flame thrower out an eco boosts arse and the result would be even more of a trouncing.

I think stock to stock is the only real way to judge any two cars.

I don't get buying an ecoboost, then spending a small fortune trying to turn it into a GT :shrug: The fat Datsun isn't even in the same genre as ANY Mustang, so I guess I don't get the need for comparison, pointless really, but that's car guys for ya :cool:

Anyway, autodragbhan away :thumbsup:
You seem to struggle with reading comprehension so I will keep it simple. The OP asked the question regarding his car and an unspecified 370. And we are talking about straight roads here, again possibly difficult for you to understand.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
Lol 370z owners.

Poor guys overpay for a slow ancient car, and then get pissed they have to pay 5k to turbo or supercharge it.

Then they find out the damn thing runs hot so then spend another 1-2k to get that in check.

Then they realize the brakes are poop since Nissan has zero ducting towards them

And the list goes on and on.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
370Z in stock form has an oil temperature and fuel starvation on right hand turns. Met some Z guys at the track and they never let the fuel get below 1/4th of a tank

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Zs don't get shit from tunes (come from the Z community myself, 350s dyno 220-230, and every bolt on imaginable gets them to MAYBE 300whp.)

That being said, stock vs stock I think it'd be a drivers race. Don't compare a modified factory FI car to a modified NA car, you can just up the boost. That's fair :doh: lololol

And talk shit if you want, but my 350 was WAY more fun to drive than my 15. :shrug: And would gladly trade my 15 for a Nismo 370z.

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
:lol:

Just for the hard of thinking, my sig states what I drive and what I will be driving, although ford have reduced the HP on our UK spec Mustangs, now it's 416 or something. (I've changed it now:))

Anyway, my dad could beat up any ecoboost drivers dad, so there :headbang:

I win :lol:

I do seem to have hit a nerve :p

Enjoy your car Glenn I'm sure it's great :first:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Did you read the original post? I know you like to imaginary races, but the OP is talking about 2 specific cars.

You seem to struggle with reading comprehension so I will keep it simple. The OP asked the question regarding his car and an unspecified 370. And we are talking about straight roads here, again possibly difficult for you to understand.
Talk to me when u get a mustang and do a quarter mile run.

ZXERT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I owned a g35 coupe, while has the same engine and drivetrain as the 350z

6MT with Brembos
Added:
Strut Brace
Sticky Tires
Plenum Spacer
PopCharger(intake)
Test Pipes
Exhaust
Weight reduction(3375 with 1/4 tank)

That car would scrub the tires on the 2/3 gear change at 60mph. It was what I would consider fast.

My automatic Ecoboost, stock would win by about 1/2 to 1 car length from most ranges. While this is based off of pure assumption, the issue with those cars is that the manual transmission slows you down and the rev range is not complete. The auto in the 2015 mustang is UNREAL. The gear changes are seamless and there is constant torque. Every gear shift for a manual is a few inches further ahead for the auto mustang.

This is just office chair racing, but it is the whole point of the thread.

StangLuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
EB- TUNE+93 octane, bolt ons/auto
Nismo Z-Stock/manual
How would the outcome be if you had to guess? Discuss away fellas.
Why wouldn't you put boltons and tune on the 370Z as well? The Z would be at 360HP at that point and weigh less than the Mustang. The Z would likely smoke it. The Z stock does 0-60 in 4.7 and the quarter at 13.3 and with boltons and a tune is probably at 13.0 or 12.9.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2015-ford-mustang-ecoboost-23-first-test/

produced a best 0-60 mph time of 5.6 seconds and a quarter-mile pass of 14.1 seconds
Doesn't appear the EcoBoost would stand a chance against the 370Z. It's a full second behind 0-60 and nearly a full second in the quarter stock-to-stock.

StangLuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The fat Datsun isn't even in the same genre as ANY Mustang, so I guess I don't get the need for comparison
Agreed - the 370Z is a sportscar and the Mustangs are well-built pony cars with back seats.

That's what you meant, right?

And fat? The 370Z weighs 3250 pounds the same as a Vette - that's fat?

StangLuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Don't the VQ engines respond terribly to bolt-ons and tunes? Last I recall, the 3.5L and 3.7L post little gains with said mods and you need to go F/I for anything worthwhile.
Boltons and a tune on a 370Z usually result in 30HP and 20 tq increase. Basically a 10% increase and better throttle response and faster revving.

2009 370z with full bolt ons. Vs 1995 mustang GT with GT40 head swap, Cobra manifold, full exhaust.
[ame]
Sponsored