Sponsored

Diode Dynamics S550 Mustang Rear LED Side Markers Are Here!

What type of lens do you prefer?

• Red

Votes: 74 33.9%
  • Smoked

Votes: 110 50.5%
  • Clear

Votes: 34 15.6%

• Total voters
OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

six_shooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 DIB, 2018 HD Iron 1200
Just installed my smoked sidemarkers on my car, for those who want to see what it looks like on DIB:

OyEGgjIl.jpg

GTPaT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2003 Sequoia
Anyone having keyless entry problems after installing this? My issue is with pressing the lock button. It's been a hit and miss lately. I have to be close to the car for it to lock. Will not respond at 5ft or more. I've gotten a no key detected when I try to start the car twice. Unlocking works fine. Put the original with and LED bulb. And it's back to normal. Hopefully I just got a bad one.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Anyone having keyless entry problems after installing this? My issue is with pressing the lock button. It's been a hit and miss lately. I have to be close to the car for it to lock. Will not respond at 5ft or more. I've gotten a no key detected when I try to start the car twice. Unlocking works fine. Put the original with and LED bulb. And it's back to normal. Hopefully I just got a bad one.

Don't think I've had this issue. I'll pay close attention. Sounds strange, but possible I suppose.

Jeremy

Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Yet to see these in person, but they look like a tasteful upgrade over OEM.

Might just have to order myself a set.

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT

Noticed this morning it took several attempts to lock my car with the touch sensor. Key fob worked as it should.

Jeremy

RADARB8

***** Troll
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2

I noticed this the other day as well. Fob wouldn't lock the car from far away. Worked fine when I got closer or touched the door handle. Haven't seen a no key detected screen, but definitely noticed the difference in locking.

ohbuckeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium

I have noticed this as well, thought my battery in my fob was going bad. Locking with the fob seems to be my issue. Only had the no key detection inside once. Kinda odd these could cause this issue, never thought it would be caused by my side markers lol.

six_shooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 DIB, 2018 HD Iron 1200
I'm going to have to test the locking issue, you all are making me paranoid now.

Sponsored

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
I just noticed this as well, I have this issue... The only thing I can think of is maybe the LEDs don't create enough resistance in the circuit an this is causing electrical issues.

Hopefully Diode Dynamics can come up with some kind of solution.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
I never noticed. I never use the key fob. I always use the door handle. And I never have issues locking or unlocking with the smart access

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Please shoot us an email if you're seeing any strange issues! We had one report of it last week, but we can't seem to do anything to replicate it on our '15 Ecoboost. Seems to be quite limited so far. But either way, don't worry- we'll be sure to provide some sort of fix at no cost to anyone who sees it.

Even though we built in resistors to get the power draw closer to factory, we think it's just still not quite enough power draw on some vehicles. We'll work directly with those who report any issue in finding a fix! Again, please just email [email protected] . Thanks!

GTPaT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2003 Sequoia
Please shoot us an email if you're seeing any strange issues! We had one report of it last week, but we can't seem to do anything to replicate it on our '15 Ecoboost. Seems to be quite limited so far. But either way, don't worry- we'll be sure to provide some sort of fix at no cost to anyone who sees it.

Even though we built in resistors to get the power draw closer to factory, we think it's just still not quite enough power draw on some vehicles. We'll work directly with those who report any issue in finding a fix! Again, please just email [email protected] . Thanks!
Will do! Thanks

ohbuckeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
My issue comes and goes, I'm not worried about it. It always works for me when I'm at work which is when I tend to be in a hurry to lock it.
I just didn't think twice about it, especially it being caused by the leds lol.
Sponsored