Sponsored

Diode Dynamics S550 Mustang Rear LED Side Markers Are Here!

What type of lens do you prefer?

• Red

Votes: 74 33.9%
  • Smoked

Votes: 110 50.5%
  • Clear

Votes: 34 15.6%

• Total voters

Slyfox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver 2015 mustang
I have not seen this issue on mine but will have to keep an eye out for it.
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I just installed mine today, no issues.

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
I have the Raxiom units and tested the fob today from about 15-20 feet away and it took a good 8-10 presses on the fob before the doors locked. I'm assuming the DD and Raxiom units are made by the same manufacturer. The lights and packaging are the same except for the labeling, of course.

Jeremy

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
Please shoot us an email if you're seeing any strange issues! We had one report of it last week, but we can't seem to do anything to replicate it on our '15 Ecoboost. Seems to be quite limited so far. But either way, don't worry- we'll be sure to provide some sort of fix at no cost to anyone who sees it.

Even though we built in resistors to get the power draw closer to factory, we think it's just still not quite enough power draw on some vehicles. We'll work directly with those who report any issue in finding a fix! Again, please just email [email protected] . Thanks!

Sent an e-mail about this.

I would've never expected the LEDs to have this issue... I returned if back to stock, and it seems to have solved the problem.

Shame, because the LED side markers are my favourite mod to date.

Sponsored

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Sent an e-mail about this.

I would've never expected the LEDs to have this issue... I returned if back to stock, and it seems to have solved the problem.

Shame, because the LED side markers are my favourite mod to date.
Yeah, us either! But don't worry- we'll be running some more tests tomorrow morning and we'll get a new set out right away to anyone experiencing any difficulty. Does seem to be quite hit or miss at the moment, but we always stand behind our products, whether it's a failure of any kind, or a little quirk like this. Thanks!

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
Received mine on Saturday and installed. Drove on two separate occasions and after killing the ignition I received a message stating to restart the car immediately or make key present.

Never thought once about it being an issue with the LED's I installed...

By the way the smoked looks really really good on black!

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Question for the folks having an issue, curious if you guys upgraded all your exterior lighting to LEDs or not?

GTPaT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2003 Sequoia
Question for the folks having an issue, curious if you guys upgraded all your exterior lighting to LEDs or not?
I have. I pretty much replaced every single incandescent bulb I can with an LED.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
I have. I pretty much replaced every single incandescent bulb I can with an LED.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Hmmm...interesting...wondering if having all LEDs is contributing to this issue.

I have upgraded every single lighting except for the turn signals. Not a fan of the galloping sound not to mention, poor fitting of any aftermarket replacement LEDs. With that said, I have had the smoked markers installed since Wednesday & have zero issues. I'm also running DD's sequencers...

Curiosity has indeed peaked...

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Hmmm...interesting...wondering if having all LEDs is contributing to this issue.

I have upgraded every single lighting except for the turn signals. Not a fan of the galloping sound not to mention, poor fitting of any aftermarket replacement LEDs. With that said, I have had the smoked markers installed since Wednesday & have zero issues. I'm also running DD's sequencers...

Curiosity has indeed peaked...
I have every bulb I could think of replaced with DD bulbs and I'm not having the issue with the side markers. Did you have this problem right away or did it start after some time? I used the key fob unlock to turn them on for testing when I was installing them. Later, remote started the car and went out to eat. Remote started the car from a distance and drove back home. Locked the doors, all ok. But that was all in the same say.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
How intermittent is it for you guys? Like I mentioned before I normally always use my door handle to lock and unlock. But I tried a couple times with the fob from in the house and car was in the garage and it worked. And tried from in the house and the car in the driveway and it worked. I also have switchbacks, side markers, glove box, map lights, trunk light, and tail light sequencers.

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
The only DD product on my Mustang is the LED sidemarker, and their Stage 3 Reverse light.

Everything else is stock (interior lights, turn signals, etc.).

It happens maybe once in 3 times I leave my car in a parking lot, come back 20-30 minutes later, and try to unlock/start the car.

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
This morning, I got the "no key detected" message. I started my car then left it running to warm up. Left the driver door cracked. After it warmed up, I got in and when I shut the door, the message appeared. I pushed ok and drove off. Stopped at the gas station, shut the car off, got out and couldn't get the car to lock with the touch sensor. Used the fob and it worked, but I was standing right next to the car.

Jeremy
Sponsored