Sponsored

December 2014 Mustang Sales (and vs. Camaro & Challenger)

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR
Is it just me or are those the Ecoboost PP wheels on the Camaro rendering?
Sponsored

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT

Rich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6, Suzuki C50, former 67 Mustang owner
I see the name and all, but Idonno who dat is... I just know that when I saw the "car" rendering, I literally thought it was a photo of a matchbox car. :D
He does computer renderings of future car models based on insider information and covered secret test mules. He nails it each time. I would bet money that his render of the next gen Camaro is accurate.

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
I think it takes two years to make the sheet steel body forming dies, plastic injection molds, and transfer lines to build an auto. If Camaro 6 is one year away, and I don't know anything about the schedule, the final design would be completed now. Spy shots and mules could be accurate, or maybe they are decoys. It blew minds at Detroit Auto show that Ford built this new GT supercar in complete secrecy. Chevy could do that with Cam6. But leaking stuff always builds fan interest. The build up to Camaro 5 really gave sales a huge jump start. Ford never leaked stang 6, they just threw it on stage Dec 2013. On the photos above, it seems the Cam6 has shortened the WB to about the same as Stang6, 107". Give Ford credit for authenticity, the WB on Steve McQueens '68 390cid fast back was 107".
bullitt_194.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I think it takes two years to make the sheet steel body forming dies, plastic injection molds, and transfer lines to build an auto. If Camaro 6 is one year away, and I don't know anything about the schedule, the final design would be completed now. Spy shots and mules could be accurate, or maybe they are decoys. It blew minds at Detroit Auto show that Ford built this new GT supercar in complete secrecy. Chevy could do that with Cam6. But leaking stuff always builds fan interest. The build up to Camaro 5 really gave sales a huge jump start. Ford never leaked stang 6, they just threw it on stage Dec 2013. On the photos above, it seems the Cam6 has shortened the WB to about the same as Stang6, 107". Give Ford credit for authenticity, the WB on Steve McQueens '68 390cid fast back was 107".
Camo'd (but not covered or fake body panel) 6th Gen Mustangs were running on tracks in October-ish of 13 doing aero testing. It was a pretty big deal so technically it was a "leak".

However, nothing like what happened with the Stingray and Jalopnik getting the design almost a full year in advance..

Degen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
Vegas is small town but ive seen a few, theres a ruby GT near where I work and I found where the yellow GT stays that ive been seeing. Seen quite a few around my work, but I'm on the really nice side of town, it's infested with Camaros. We have an open track day for charity at the speedway sunday. Want to see what cars show up.
Sponsored