Sponsored

December 2014 Mustang Sales (and vs. Camaro & Challenger)

2006AutoXer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Mustang GT, 2022 Mach 1 ordered 4-19-22
I believe you are correct - I haven't seen any reports of them being delivered to the international markets yet, as well as that they haven't even started making the RHD version yet. The RHD version could add another 20,000 - 40,000 cars to the annual figures in 2015 & 2016.

It appears that Ford is trying to satisfy the USA market demands before it starts shipping the car overseas. (lucky for you guys).

We have been told we have to wait another 12 months before we can start driving them down under but the demand all ready is very high with about 1200 deposits already taken by Ford dealerships. (this is a hell of a lot for a small market like OZ).
U.S. and foreign markets will have separate sales reporting.
Sponsored

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
Well the Mustang also had about 10 uncontested years too..
That's not Ford fault, thats a long continuous history that not many auto manufacturers have.

Rich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6, Suzuki C50, former 67 Mustang owner
I am not surprised at all about these sale numbers. I'm sure Mustang's numbers will continue to grow beyond last year moving into springtime as supplies increase and weather warms up. We might see Mustang's monthly sale numbers 20-40% above Camaro's. I think Chevy's pony car reign is over.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Camaro fanboys could not keep the Camaro from being shelved once in it's history, what makes us think it will not happen a second time?

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
I am not surprised at all about these sale numbers. I'm sure Mustang's numbers will continue to grow beyond last year moving into springtime as supplies increase and weather warms up. We might see Mustang's monthly sale numbers 20-40% above Camaro's. I think Chevy's pony car reign is over.
I think it's very plausible the new Evo X styling apparent makes the car too generic like a lot of recent Chevrolets (absent the new Stingray) and it suffers in sales. I just hope it doesn't go away. The entire industry benefits from competition between the three... in fact I'm glad the Hellcat came from Dodge because it can only mean better and more exciting special models from Ford down the road to compete.

With CAFE tightening down in the next few years, it's going to be critical to have innovations across the entire domestic performance market to keep them available instead of facing the chopping block to meet fleet EPA guidelines.

Sponsored

kiwiford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Falcon 302, Mazda MPV V6
Wow,just 2 months earlier on sale, and the brand x cars reign would have ended !!

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
GM was offering a 20% MSRP discount on most carryover Camaros in December, too.
I wonder if those magical 2014 z28 were counted as sales... The words "sale", "sell" and "sold" are such general terms at GM. For instance, Chevy "sold" all 500 2014 z28's last year...

...However, Chevy continued to "Sell" the "Soldout" Camaro months after the last "Soldout" z28 was "Sold".

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think it's very plausible the new Evo X styling apparent makes the car too generic like a lot of recent Chevrolets (absent the new Stingray) and it suffers in sales. I just hope it doesn't go away. The entire industry benefits from competition between the three... in fact I'm glad the Hellcat came from Dodge because it can only mean better and more exciting special models from Ford down the road to compete.

With CAFE tightening down in the next few years, it's going to be critical to have innovations across the entire domestic performance market to keep them available instead of facing the chopping block to meet fleet EPA guidelines.
I agree that it would be best if there's competition out there. Otherwise the Mustang could end up back with 300 (or less) HP.

Rob WH

Gettin' old
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
1987 LX coupe(and others), 14 Escape
Sales of the all-new Mustang continue climbing, with December sales of 9,511 vehicles, a 66 percent increase from a year ago. With sales increases coming in all regions of the country, Mustang posted its best December sales since 2006.
Thanks for adding this here because I couldn't stand to talk about it over there... and I own a GM(and have owned them, literally for decades).

Congratulations to Ford for showing us all what most here told other people for a full year ahead of time... this car will be a MASSIVE sales hit.

So if Mustang sales keep climbing, how come I still haven't seen a single 2015 aside from my own?
New York's... too small. :lol: You likely don't see so many just because the higher sales are likely in warmer climates.

I live in Houston and have only seen 4 since mid nov. In 2005 I saw literally hundreds after they were released.
In 2005, there were no competitors to be looking for and thus, the Mustang was far more easily noticed... just my .02 on that.

Perhaps a more critical success in broader markets so the supply is stretched?
Don't think so... I'm not sure, but I don't think they've even been placed for sale, on the dealer lots, in Europe and as I read it, China gets 1st crack in the non N. American markets. I'm more interested in seeing that result, personally.

Its sold worldwide so there's your sales numbers.
SAA... I've seen nothing indicating a single sale outside N. America. Pre-orders indeed, but I'm not sure on sales. I just haven't seen any sales numbers. Maybe someone on another continent will (or has, I haven't looked) chime in here.

If someone has, sorry... just didn't read all the pages.

DiPsTiCk

CrAzY dRiVeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang/64 Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon
Well the Mustang also had about 10 uncontested years too..
As noted earlier. Who's fault is that?

Mustang is Americas car, period.

Everywhere you go you see them in varying years...

Sponsored

[email protected]

waynesworld
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
wayne
Vehicle(s)
race red gt premium auto
JIMMY they are all in the garage put to bed for a few months hibernating,they will wake up in the spring and you will see them.

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
Trends

The 5th generation retro Mustang started an automotive trend.
For that matter, the 1st generation Mustang started an automotive trend.
As Sonny and Cher sang "The Beat Goes On".

Granting the aspects are not identical, the stang is actual and the cam is artist rendered, the overall shape keys of these two vehicles are very identical.
Is it just me, or is Chevy planning the next Mustaro?
The Mustaro.jpg

Last edited:

Rob WH

Gettin' old
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
The 5th generation retro Mustang started an an automotive trend.
For that matter, the 1st generation Mustang started an automotive trend.
As Sonny and Cher sang "The Beat Goes On"

Granting the aspects are not identical, the stang is actual and the cam is artist rendered, the overall shape keys of these two vehicles are very identical.
Is it just me, or is Chevy planning the next Mustaro?
There have been strong resemblances in the past. The 1st gen F-body wasn't all that different from Mustang, but the thing is, these are supposed to be similar, considering GM brought the F-body for the sole reason of competing in the "pony car" market against Mustang.

To me, the Camaro in the drawing isn't what we'll see... that thing just doesn't look good. It will be similar, but Ford and Fiat would love to see that thing... :headbonk:

Rich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6, Suzuki C50, former 67 Mustang owner
To me, the Camaro in the drawing isn't what we'll see... that thing just doesn't look good. It will be similar, but Ford and Fiat would love to see that thing... :headbonk:
When has Chazcron been wrong with the accuracy of his renders of future models? ;)

Last edited:

Rob WH

Gettin' old
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
When has Chazcron been wrong with the accuracy of his renders of future models? ;)
I see the name and all, but Idonno who dat is... I just know that when I saw the "car" rendering, I literally thought it was a photo of a matchbox car. :D
Sponsored