Sponsored

Daily driver

keiths2kgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT PP 50th AP
You consider it baggage, I consider it added plus.
Just a matter of opinions and preference.
I wanted a DD, and the best mustang I can buy off of the dealer lot.
As you can see in my sig, I do not plan to modify my DD.
Nav is a plus, heated and cooled seats are plus, softer leather and softer upper door panels are plus, better sound system is a plus, two extra gauges are plus, my color is a plus, better brakes and larger radiator is a plus, summer only tires are plus, 3.73 giggly gears are plus... Etc
It's a DD, and I spend a lot of time in it. I don't consider extra options as baggage
Hell yeah bro, nailed it.
Sponsored

number6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium +PP
2016 GT Premium + PP. I DD mine and have no issues - and I spend my commute in medium to heavy traffic. The only aspect I don't love is the clunky shifter and the clutch feel (have the Steeda spring yet to install). Lowered on Steeda Ultralites.

I knew what I was getting into when I sold my modded FoST to get the S550. I think that's the key. As long as you know what you're choosing, you can live with it.

On a side note, my car was backed into while parked in a subdivision ($6K of damage) and I was given a 2016 Impala as a rental while the GT was repaired over 3 weeks. I did appreciate the cruising ability of a large auto trans car for commuting. It was wonderful to not have to shift and such. But at the end of the day, being able to punch the 5.0 coyote when leaving the office and hearing the Corsa Extreme - well, it just makes the prior 8-10 hours melt away.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I DD a '16 GT. I have Premium package, Premier Trim, and Performance Package.
Why wouldn't you want the most comfort and highest mechanical package you can put together for a DD? Might as well be comfy while enjoying daily drive in the Mustang. If you can afford it, I say check all the option boxes.
For a sporty car being used as a DD, all you need is enough comfort to suit you and maybe one other person. Anything more tends to dilute the sportiness that was presumably on your mind by choosing said sporty car in the first place.

I won't go so far as to call comfort & convenience features "baggage" . . . but I will point out that for any given individual to load his car up with things that he'd never use doesn't makes a whole lot of sense. There is a certain elegance in simplicity that over-the-top alternatives just can't have.

Norm

terryz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base manual
I think non-pp GT is the better compromise for DD. If you break down all the differences between non-pp and pp, it is not clearly cut as which one is more suitable for everyone. It's all about personal preference.

If you plan to mod your car but still use car mostly as DD, I would say non-pp is a better starting point.

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/PP, 2004 BMW M3 Coupe
I specifically wanted a base PP as I prefer simple sports cars. Plus, I'll take a much smaller depreciation hit that way on a car that depreciates rapidly as it is - I paid 34k. All that extra crap is just crap that will break one day probably soon. My car has two options - PP and backup sensors (I would not have ordered the latter but everything else was perfect). Yes, Recaros look killer but waste of money in my opinion. They 'do' nothing but look good unless you're tracking.

The base seats, in cloth, are excellent. Sturdy and supportive while comfortable at the same time. The PP suspension is pretty harsh. I'm 40 years old and have been driving BMWs for 15 years and this car is highly unrefined so there is no way I could actually DD it.

I happen to think the clutch and shifter have excellent feel. Very precise, very sporty. Not sure what all the fuss is about but they are two of the best points about the car along with the PP brakes. Ride quality and rear traction out of slow turns..... not so much.

Sponsored

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium w/ Performance Package
The better DD is the Base GT.... But what fun is that?? I DD my PP car and love it. If it was an option to go 3.55s instead of 3.73s I would have but love the brakes, love the look of the wheels, no complaints at all. Wish I had Recaros but I bought off the lot and don't mind having the cooled seats in AZ ;)

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
GT Premium with Nav - Leather - Shaker Sound - 6 Speed Manual 3.30 gears for my DD

I wanted all the luxury goodies. I'm never gonna need the PP suspension stuff and I Didn't like the black rims and tires either. This car is quite the badass and a fun car to drive. Still can't believe I own such a nice car. :headbang:

Last edited:

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
Count me in as another Premium GT PP car with the premier interior and Nav. I DD my car, and I haul two kids in it everyday to and home from school/daycare as well. And while I wouldn't do it on a long trip, I can fit my entire family in the car (my wife is 6') when we take short hops around town over the weekend. Couldn't be happier with the car as a Daily.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
+1 for GT Premium with 3.31 manual! Great place to start and customize for your style.

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
I'm in the UK thus our Mustangs are PP and premium. Got my V8, after a years wait, in January this year and it has been used since as a daily driver. A lot of it in London's gridlocked tiny streets with gas at $8 a gallon.

I love it.

Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
I am also based in London across the pond :D
Mine is a DD, and for me the BLIS is a total marvel, as it even works on motorbikes and the cyclists which is a nice surprise, as I only thought it worked on cars
And the red light heads up display is also very good, as stuck in traffic crawling alone, its so easy to let a gap appear then speed up,
My S197 was also a DD, but with the CS find it a lot easier to drive in town

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
I dd my ppgt. Non recaro but ive put 14k in 7 months.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I ordered a base GT with PP & Recaros. Most of the premium upgrades were nothing I wanted so I spent the money on the PP & Seats. Drove the car away for $35K all-in, (taxes, etc included). Not much else that can match the GTPP performance for those dollars. It is not a DD for me but could be. I'm 6'-1" and +/- 250# and the Recaros are snug but not uncomfortable. I did a 500 mile road trip recently with no issues....other than stopping for gas 2x...the tank on these cars needs to hold about 5 more gallons.

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Count me in as another Premium GT PP car with the premier interior and Nav. I DD my car, and I haul two kids in it everyday to and home from school/daycare as well. And while I wouldn't do it on a long trip, I can fit my entire family in the car (my wife is 6') when we take short hops around town over the weekend. Couldn't be happier with the car as a Daily.
I too DD my PerfPack, though I don't haul kids anymore - mine are getting to driving age and if we do go as a family we that the ExpSport.

I drive 50mi round trip to work, with about 1/2 that on back roads to get to the interstate, so the perf pack makes that a more entertaining drive.