Sponsored

Daily driver

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 STi, 2016 Camaro SS, 2016 Infiniti QX50
I bought a base GT but it is not my DD. I think it's totally comfortable, but my big complaint would be that the stock sound system is garbage.
Sponsored

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 'Hellbat'
I DD my PP. I have ZERO issues. I absolutely love it. It is stellar in the rain.

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
A base GT would make a more comfortable daily driver and cost a bit less on gas (3.31) and tires (18" squared). If you don't mind a slightly firmer ride, shifting more often (3.73), cost of 19" staggered tires and a bit more gas than go for the PP. I actually prefer the stock seats over the Recaros.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I think the Base makes a better daily driver but the PP doesn't make a bad one. They are set up differently and are better at different things. The Base suspension is softer and easier on the body over bad roads, but the PP has better handling. The 3.15s obviously get better gas mileage than the 3.73s and you don't have to deal with shifting which can be very annoying in traffic. The PP has several performance upgrades over the Base, the big ones being improved suspension, Brembo brakes and a larger radiator, none of which you need in a daily driver but all of which are nice to have if you track your car. Any vehicle can be dailied it's a question of how harsh and engaging you want your drive to be.

Sponsored

Sal33n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2018 Alfa Stelvio
It also depends on your tranny preference. If you don't want to row the gears daily then you cannot get the pp as it is not offered with the auto, unless you go ecoboost.

SrqGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt pp
I bought a base GT but it is not my DD. I think it's totally comfortable, but my big complaint would be that the stock sound system is garbage.
You just need headers, then you have the vest sound system around.

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
Go and sit in the Recaros. Everyone was telling me they are comfortable, but after sitting in them AND the regular leather seats, the Recaros had too much support for daily driving. I'm 6'4 and 180 lbs, and they hugged my lower back pretty snug making it uncomfortable even during the test drive. Regular premium seats have tons of support and it's perfect for daily.

The PP suspension to me felt like it removed the "floaty" feeling of the regular, but also dramatically increased the road feeling. Reflectors in the middle of the road now feel like boulders, and potholes must be avoided for fear of rim/tire damage. I'm coming from a 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse as a comparison so it's not like I drove/expected something with Mercedes ride quality. It's definitely harsher than I expected, but I still enjoy it because it gives the car it's own character.

The manual transmission was very tight at first, and the clutch spring is a piece of crap (remove it asap for true feeling). Now that I have 9800 miles on mine (my first manual ever), it has loosened up quite a bit and is actually enjoyable to drive. My next mod (after baby, so probably late next year) will be an MGW shifter, followed by an xpipe to remove the resonator. The 2>3 shift is sometimes a bit clunky and feels like it catches hard even with the clutch in, but I think I read that that's how the transmission was designed to avoid transferring the NVH to the chassis and occupants. A 'rubber band' effect if you will, to keep all the harshness within the driveshaft and transmission. Also, 3.73 gears mean that first gear is pretty useless in normal driving. It's a parking lot gear as far as I'm concerned. You'll look like a fool if you using it to take off from stop lights, revving to 4000 rpm and going 13 mph just to have to shift to 2nd and get passed by all the auto minivans and pickup trucks.

My verdict: Get the PP but without Recaros (if you won't race it). Premium if you can afford it.

lwnslw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
'16 GT PP here...

I work out of my GT for a living and avg between 75-100 miles a day. It's a bit harsh but its a sports car so I don't mind it. The stock Pirelli are almost gone in the rear with 7500 miles on them but they do have excellent grip. I enjoy driving so I may be a bit biased as some would not like the harshness of the car..
I have base seats that are power, I wanted Recaros but they are manual so I opted out. Not sure if I missed out..LOL

Sponsored

73MachI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT M6 PP ESP Magnetic
I DD my GT PP. It's awesome.

Recaros - have seen bigger people in here complain about them, and others not. I think it's a body geometry question... my only suggestion is to try before you buy.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
I DD a '16 GT. I have Premium package, Premier Trim, and Performance Package.
Why wouldn't you want the most comfort and highest mechanical package you can put together for a DD? Might as well be comfy while enjoying daily drive in the Mustang. If you can afford it, I say check all the option boxes.

73MachI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I DD a '16 GT. I have Premium package, Premier Trim, and Performance Package.
Why wouldn't you want the most comfort and highest mechanical package you can put together for a DD? Might as well be comfy while enjoying daily drive in the Mustang. If you can afford it, I say check all the option boxes.
Some folks don't want the baggage that a Premium brings to the table.

Some folks don't want the baggage that a Perf Pack includes.

So many reasons.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
Some folks don't want the baggage that a Premium brings to the table.

Some folks don't want the baggage that a Perf Pack includes.

So many reasons.
You consider it baggage, I consider it added plus.
Just a matter of opinions and preference.
I wanted a DD, and the best mustang I can buy off of the dealer lot.
As you can see in my sig, I do not plan to modify my DD.
Nav is a plus, heated and cooled seats are plus, softer leather and softer upper door panels are plus, better sound system is a plus, two extra gauges are plus, my color is a plus, better brakes and larger radiator is a plus, summer only tires are plus, 3.73 giggly gears are plus... Etc
It's a DD, and I spend a lot of time in it. I don't consider extra options as baggage

73MachI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
You consider it baggage, I consider it added plus.
Just a matter of opinions and preference.
I wanted a DD, and the best mustang I can buy off of the dealer lot.
As you can see in my sig, I do not plan to modify my DD.
Nav is a plus, heated and cooled seats are plus, softer leather and softer upper door panels are plus, better sound system is a plus, two extra gauges are plus, my color is a plus, better brakes and larger radiator is a plus, summer only tires are plus, 3.73 giggly gears are plus... Etc
It's a DD, and I spend a lot of time in it. I don't consider extra options as baggage
Yep, fair enough. Some people (like myself) consider what the Premium brings to the table as baggage, some don't.

Even the PP, which I absolutely love - the baggage it brings for me is the non-square setup and resultant hassle in a spare. Still, worth it for me. Might not be for someone else.

Mine is also bone stock with no plans to mod - maybe except for a resonator delete H-pipe.

Enjoy!
Sponsored