Sponsored

Craig's Front License plate brackets: Available 1/13

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
mine's still stuck, even survived a crash that dented my plate into and through the bumper... granted - I don't have HEAT issues here, but it was pretty cold when it was attached so that caused me some worry...
Sponsored

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
All, I was looking for an alternative and saw at a car meetup someone had a plate bracket with suction cups in the front window. The suction cups ran through the plate holes. How can I get that?

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
I think they sell those suction cup things at lowes or home depot. check Walmart too.

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Well, even though my bracket seemed firmly attached to the bumper, I decided to put a screw in for security. There seems to be too many occurrences to blame faulty installation. Having a plate fall off is not something I want to ever have to worry about. Sorry, no pics.

Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
I installed on top of the xpel with two self tapping screws
So you're relying totally on the screws, right? (The adhesive on the pad for the bracket will not adhere properly to the Xpel.) Did you tap into the bumper bar, or are the screws only into the bumper cover?

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
So you're relying totally on the screws, right? (The adhesive on the pad for the bracket will not adhere properly to the Xpel.) Did you tap into the bumper bar, or are the screws only into the bumper cover?
I am not worried about the bracket adhering to the xpel Im more worried about the xpel adherence to the paint with the addition stress. I put 2 screws through the bottom into the cover. I think like when you glue and screw wood its stronger then if you did one or the other.

I think it will be fine we will see :headbonk: Im quite often wrong

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Wanted to bump this thread to see if any more experience or problems with this type of front plate mounting.

macroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pkg.
After more than a year, I found mine hanging off recently. I sent an email to Craig and he is sending me another base.

I noticed that on mine, most of the adhesive came off on the base side. If I recall correctly, the base came shipped with the adhesive on it. You simply peel off the protective film and apply to the car. So if it was an installation issue, I'd think the adhesive would have come off the bumper rather than the base? Not sure if that made sense or if it even mattered.

Craig did mention that he had a batch where the base was slightly crowned - inducing a spring like effect and impacting the base's ability to stay adhered.

For those that used a self tapping screw as insurance, do you think that will hold over time? Not sure how thick the bumper covers are, but just wondering if the screws will still strip out of the bumper at some point.

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
So with this (and others as well) front plate holder blocking off part of the lower grille... is the lower grille functional? Brake/Engine cooling/downforce? Ive seen a bracket that mounts in front of the lower grille, would that be an issue?

Sponsored

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
Has anyone used Craig's bracket with Adaptive Cruise? Does it cause any issues? I'm guessing it's not going to be a problem but wanted to see if anyone had any experience before I pulled the trigger.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Mine fell off too.

The bumper cover has a radius to it but the supplied bracket is flat. So the bond is never 100%, right from the beginning.

I have since fabricated my own tow hook mount and bolted the plate to that.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Mine fell off too.

The bumper cover has a radius to it but the supplied bracket is flat. So the bond is never 100%, right from the beginning.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Pics, parts used or link to where this info is posted. (If I didn't ask, someone else would've. :lol:) Thanks in advance [MENTION=19066]Epiphany[/MENTION]

Last edited:

rotnroby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 2500 Denali 2017 H2254 gt350
I installed the bracket over suntex ppf exactly as instructed with the temp range.
Actually forgot to take the plate off during 2 / 20 minute track laps and shes stuck just fine
Sponsored