Sponsored

Craig's Front License plate brackets: Available 1/13

kratty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'56 Victoria, Tahoe, '16 GT350
All,
Good news for those who've been waiting for a no-drill front license plate solution! I checked Craig's site tonight and this:

NEWS!!! The 2015-16 Shelby GT350 brackets are shipping as of 13 Jan 2016!! This bracket is very innovative and as with all of our brackets, WILL NOT require any drilling, unlike our competitors. It is quick remove and install for the car show fanatics and strong holding! THANKS for looking!

Just placed my order. I know others like his products, and am looking forward to seeing how this works on our cars.
Sponsored

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Thanks, placing my order now!

markham51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 07 GT500 SS, MKIII Cobra, 68 Shelby GT500 KR Convert
Awesome...Thanks

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
can you guys post pics when you get them?

Sponsored

buggy whip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford pinto, '16 GT350/OxFo/ Trac/Stripe delete
Ordered as well. Thanks for the heads up !

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
From what I can tell the same one that works on the other S550 Mustangs works on the Shelby. Not surprising since his S550 solution is held on by high strength automotive tape.

Eric0w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
the way that nut is clamped on doesnt look sturdy to me

Carlosa_garcia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium DIB PP 6MT
Hmm...wonder what makes it different than the regular one. Hope he charges triple! lol. I like mine although I haven't run a plate for a while now.

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I have one of these for my '15 GT. It works fine. I've been in different weather conditions and speeds up to 85 mph. The difference is in the shape of the base because of the front fascia change between the Shelby and the standard models. Would highly recommend.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
the way that nut is clamped on doesnt look sturdy to me
It looks the same as the GT bracket, or at least very similar. I can tell you that with the GT Craig's bracket I didn't have any problems with the nut backing off.

The one thing I didn't love about it is you are supposed to remove the license plate before you go through a car wash. I was driving my GT year round, which means a lot of car washes!

The nut is a PITA to remove and reinstall all the time in super cold temperatures, especially when it's full of salt and slime all the time. At one point I had a pair of pliers in my car to make it easier to remove and reinstall. Really didn't help much. I ended up not removing it and my front plate got a little messed up.

So, I can't say the Craig's bracket will be ideal. However I can tell you I think it's better than the other options I've seen. Also I just bought one for my GT350.

Oh one more thing - when I went to the road course I left my front plate on the 2015 GT, so I had that car up around 120 mph with the bracket on it. No problems at that speed.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
So, with the high strength automotive tape applied directly to the Stripes, what damage can be expected to the stripes if you remove the bracket mount?

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package Build January, ETA March (US Port), Germany Apr, under MSRP

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
So, with the high strength automotive tape applied directly to the Stripes, what damage can be expected to the stripes if you remove the bracket mount?
I wouldn't remove the bracket, so I wouldn't worry about it.

However, if I were going to remove the bracket I would probably try to cut through the stripes where they intersect the edges of the tape. My goal being only the area of the stripes directly adhered to the automotive tape gets pulled off the car.

OP
OP
kratty

kratty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'56 Victoria, Tahoe, '16 GT350
I wouldn't remove the bracket, so I wouldn't worry about it.

However, if I were going to remove the bracket I would probably try to cut through the stripes where they intersect the edges of the tape. My goal being only the area of the stripes directly adhered to the automotive tape gets pulled off the car.
Wow. If that's the best course of action when using this bracket, I'm seriously starting to reconsider my decision. Cutting into the stripes does not sound like something I want to do. The whole point of a bracket like this is to be a solution that does not damage the car (i.e., "no-drill").
Sponsored