Count Down to Detroit Auto Show 2017!!

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
If the 429 were a reality I can't see it and a forced induction model being offered simultaneously. A hotrodded 429 could def climb above the 600hp mark with gobs of torque. That would probably make it the top dog of the lineup.
It would be crowded for sure, but Chevy managed to convince their bean counters to sell both the supercharged ZL1 and the N/A 7.0L LS7 V8 in the Z/28 at the same time.
Sponsored

legendary mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt
Those doubting a 5.2 upgrade need to remember the union contract that came out a little over a year ago: http://www.mustang6g.com/?p=7861
It will continue, with enhancements. Maybe those enhancements are a switch from FPC to CPC for a different model, but many at the time took it to mean the GT350 would get a hp bump eventually. As for future models, with the amount of references TopNotch keeps making to the Boss 429 anniversary in 2019 and the new 7.0L V8 officially announced for trucks, my guess is this:

MY2018 Mach 1 (track pack 2 stuff and 1LE competitor) and Bullitt (still a good possibility this won't happen but after hearing that someone attended a Chad McQueen charity event where he said he's working on a project with Ford, I've been hopeful, although I'm obviously biased. But, it would have minor enough changes to not steal the refreshed 2018s thunder, while still getting in a special edition, similar thought process to the 50 year limited edition model in 2015).

MY2019 Mach 1 continues till end of S550. Boss 429 with 7 liter NA V8 introduced and introduction of a CPC FI 5.2 GT500. Both continue 2 years till the end of S550.
Only wildcard is whether the GT350 would be sold alongside and upgraded (would be crowded if those other models come to market but could work, Camaro lineup does it with 1LE, Z/28 and ZL1), or phased out.
i remember some years ago about the 777 program.7 liter,700hp,and 700tq.maybe the bugs are worked out of that by now.that would be kick ass though.:lol::ford::cheers:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
It would be crowded for sure, but Chevy managed to convince their bean counters to sell both the supercharged ZL1 and the N/A 7.0L LS7 V8 in the Z/28 at the same time.
So did ford. Are you forgetting the GT500 and boss 302???

Orgalorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
7.0 has me all worked up just thinking about it...

Seriously though, that would be totally killer. 500hp/tq! I'd take it. I can only imagine how this would sound with performance exhaust.

Just let me keep a manual transmission please!

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
The big appeal to some for the Bullitt was it resembled a stripped down Mustang . As I recall, the last Bullitt Mustang had a little stiffer suspension than the average Mustang and the Bullitt could not be custom ordered. Ford made a limited number of Bullitts that were either green or black and shipped them to any dealer who wanted one. A dealer did not have to have a certified SVT mechanic to get one.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
7.0 has me all worked up just thinking about it...

Seriously though, that would be totally killer. 500hp/tq! I'd take it. I can only imagine how this would sound with performance exhaust.
500hp would be lame. That's 1.8L more then the voodoo and 2L more then the coyote. 600+

Orgalorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
500hp would be lame. That's 1.8L more then the voodoo and 2L more then the coyote. 600+
Not in an N/A package it isn't. :headbang:
Plus it would be damn near bullet proof.

That's a lot of rotational mass trying to spin itself! ;)

I know the latest rage is mega high numbers and boosted everything, but a high hp and high tq N/A motor still scratches more than enough itches.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Yea, 500 HP would be lame. I could see Ford upgrade the 6.2 liter truck block to aluminum and make a 7.0 liter version with SOHC for a HiPerf Mustang. After all, the Zl1 gets by with a 2 valve per cylinder super charged engine. A SOHC 6.2 liter block should be narrow enough to fit in a Mustang.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Not in an N/A package it isn't. :headbang:
Plus it would be damn near bullet proof.

That's a lot of rotational mass trying to spin itself! ;)

I know the latest rage is mega high numbers and boosted everything, but a high hp and high tq N/A motor still scratches more than enough itches.
Yeah well 600 NA hp would be fairly easy.
Why would anyone brag about a 500hp NA 7.0. The voodoo is 526. If your gonna do it do it big or don't do it at all.

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
All that stuff (428 SCJ, shaker, Drag Pack) except for the "Twister Special" decal package were available as regular production options on the Mustang.
Not here to argue...a neighbor once had one (a Twister)...SCJ / 4 speed / Drag Pack w/3.91 rear gear.

No offense to anyone, but personally, I'm over the Bullitt...give me a 5.2 CPC Mach 1.
Same. The Bullitt was a nostalgic cash grab based off the movie name.

It didn't seem special otherwise. Just a pep boys looking gas cap and some horribly styled wheels amongst its features.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I just thought the Chevy example was better because it's the exact same thing, 7.0L V8.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I just thought the Chevy example was better because it's the exact same thing, 7.0L V8.
This is all speculation. We don't know anything about the 7.0 or if it's even happening. All rumors just like the Mach1, GT500 etc.
but I admit it's fun to think.

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
444HP N/A to 662HP and tons of torque is quite a difference. If they made a 7.0L with +600HP I can't see them trumping that number by over 200HP. But if the GT500 really were to have +800HP then I could see them coexisting. And that depends on how conservative a 7.0L would be. I bet they could hit 700HP and pass emissions.

And yes, this is all just fun speculation. Some news site is gonna take this stuff and run with it. Then someone is gonna post it as confirmation thats its coming.

Grabber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Mach1 Q code , 1971 Boss 351, 2014 Taurus SHO
I think you will see a bump in the base Mustang GT power to equal the SS Camaro. The GT350 losing weight and maybe a slight hp increase, and the GT500 using the 5.2 ( not FPC) with a supercharger. With Fords light-weighting trend going through the trucks now, I think you will see that hit the Mustang next. Maybe aluminum structure combined with carbon fiber panels or something else lighter than steel.
Sponsored