Sponsored

Compliments/comments/neck twisters about Aussie Mustangs

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Fastback, due sometime in October
Since owning mine I've become far more aware of just how bad some people drive. The amount of people who veer into your lane and the damn morons who, when making a right or left turn, have to swerve out in their lane before taking the turn, like they're driving a Mack truck. I reckon 75% of people responsible I pull up next to at lights are all staring down at their bloody phones. I just want to get out the car and slap some sense in to them
Agree. And what about wearing headphones in the car? That I just don't get. Do yoiu get better sound from bud headphones than a car stereo? Don't think so.

I think most of Australia has come to the view that cars are "cheap" and just disposable things to be abused and then thrown away when lease is up. I try to park well away from others but I see so many cars that are just riddled with dents and scrapes. Apparently opening your door into the side of someone else's car is now socially acceptable.
Sponsored

mustang mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt race red fastback (ordered)
Well, for me, this is the first time I have owned a Ford. Always been a hsv/holden person. I still like holdens/hsv but I reckon when you put a mustang next to a hsv it blows it away for looks. Maybe because it is a newer shape, the Holden has been around for 10 years. Maybe there is a bit of envy when some of these guys are looking at the stang. Holden doesn't have a 2 door monaro anymore, if they did, then the game would probably change a bit. Maybe they are a little envious of the looks so to prove themselves they want a race.

Me, I'm too old to be a boy racer. I'm a sophisticated cruiser in my good looking car. :)

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
Well, for me, this is the first time I have owned a Ford. Always been a hsv/holden person. I still like holdens/hsv but I reckon when you put a mustang next to a hsv it blows it away for looks. Maybe because it is a newer shape, the Holden has been around for 10 years. Maybe there is a bit of envy when some of these guys are looking at the stang. Holden doesn't have a 2 door monaro anymore, if they did, then the game would probably change a bit. Maybe they are a little envious of the looks so to prove themselves they want a race.

Me, I'm too old to be a boy racer. I'm a sophisticated cruiser in my good looking car. :)
maybe it's because modern HSV's look like HSV raided the supercheap aisles for vents, scoops and LED's :headbonk:

Mustang76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black GT
maybe it's because modern HSV's look like HSV raided the supercheap aisles for vents, scoops and LED's :headbonk:
Hey leave us Holden fans alone, we are only just coming to terms of having to swap over to the dark side (it took a mustang to do it), it hurt signing the order form with a big ford emblem on top of the page, i still tell my Ford friends it is a mustang not a ford (still in denial)

noboot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saf
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
Hey leave us Holden fans alone, we are only just coming to terms of having to swap over to the dark side (it took a mustang to do it), it hurt signing the order form with a big ford emblem on top of the page, i still tell my Ford friends it is a mustang not a ford (still in denial)
A mustang has no brand as it is a brand in itself. Ford just happen to slap it together. I too am coming from a lifetime of being a good guy to now joining the darkside. PLEASE DON'T JUDGE ME. LOL

Sponsored

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A mustang has no brand as it is a brand in itself. Ford just happen to slap it together. I too am coming from a lifetime of being a good guy to now joining the darkside. PLEASE DON'T JUDGE ME. LOL
I grew up with Holdens and recently bought my first Ford, but I am okay with either. In fact, I've driven the VF SS-V Redline and think it is in a few areas superior to the S550 GT (which I've driven twice now), particularly the suspension set up, throttle response and build quality. I'd happily have both, especially as the SS is more practical for families, etc. Unfortunately for it, the Mustang looks so much better :).

noboot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saf
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
I grew up with Holdens and recently bought my first Ford, but I am okay with either. In fact, I've driven the VF SS-V Redline and think it is in a few areas superior to the S550 GT (which I've driven twice now), particularly the suspension set up, throttle response and build quality. I'd happily have both, especially as the SS is more practical for families, etc. Unfortunately for it, the Mustang looks so much better :).
I would keep my VF Redline but I can't justify having two V8's. My wife wants me to keep it but 3 cars is just not practical.

Last edited:

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
I think the SS-V's look far better than the HSV's.

Not pickin on you blokes, I know you're a tender bunch!

Welcome to the darkside, we have arguably the best automotive product lineup in the world****

:ford:

****In the USA
FB_IMG_1470296833240.jpg

disco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Every WRX driver tries to drive up your rear or race you! I've owned 4 Rexies and STi's many years ago and don't remember being that much of a w@nker lol!

Cheers,
Dave

Accepitris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harvey
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Falcon XR6
So heres another Holden story which happened only 30 minutes ago. Being sick today, I decided to take a day off uni and go for some food instead. On the way home, I spotted a yellow SS ute (or he spotted me) in my rear speeding right up to catch up to me. He lined up next to me and thrashed it, blasting his (aftermarket) exhaust before braking to line up with me again. I just gave him a thumbs up and chugged along at 60 then turned off while he took off at 100 being unsatisfied.

Sponsored

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So heres another Holden story which happened only 30 minutes ago. Being sick today, I decided to take a day off uni and go for some food instead. On the way home, I spotted a yellow SS ute (or he spotted me) in my rear speeding right up to catch up to me. He lined up next to me and thrashed it, blasting his (aftermarket) exhaust before braking to line up with me again. I just gave him a thumbs up and chugged along at 60 then turned off while he took off at 100 being unsatisfied.
What a dickhead. I'm sure his penis increased from 2 to 3 inches after that display. Think I would have been inclined to give him a finger other than my thumb.

Hope you get better soon!

By the way, please don't tell me you drive a Mustang to university. Let me just say, there are many interesting ways to park a car, and I've seen most of them from my office window. I work at a university and sometimes watch car-parking fun from my office window (I get a special undercover car park so mine will be sort of okay when the time comes, though still a bit worried).

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Ok, here's two...
1) Had a Honda Integra sitting on my butt, in a bit of traffic, saw an opening so I gave it some gas, changed across a couple of lanes and left him for dead, didn't see him again.

2) Had a guy on a trike pull up next to us at lights and ask if I wanted to swap vehicles.
My daughter was in the back in her child seat so I commented about "no thanks, I can't fit the child seat in the back of yours" and he went on to say how nice it looked, then he pulled in front of us and proceeded to drive slowly through some twisties - argh!

Accepitris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harvey
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Falcon XR6
By the way, please don't tell me you drive a Mustang to university. Let me just say, there are many interesting ways to park a car, and I've seen most of them from my office window. I work at a university and sometimes watch car-parking fun from my office window (I get a special undercover car park so mine will be sort of okay when the time comes, though still a bit worried).
Haha not yet! But whenever the day comes, I'll be sure to park very far away (preferably within a heavy duty shipping container that will be locked up with chains).

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Had a P plater on a bike lane splitting roll past...
Having the top down on the 'vert makes it easy for bikers to comment.

Sounded like he said "nice car"...
I had the music cranked up high...
It was some old school rap and DMX replied to him with "suck my d..k!" :lol:

Part of me hopes he didn't hear it

Fieldsey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I had a great one yesterday

Pulled up at a set of lights and noticed a new 4 series BMW slowly pull up beside me. I don't normally look across but for some reason I did (maybe the jedi forces was telling me too). Super hot blonde in the passengers seat was having a good look at the Muzy and I could see what she was saying "Thats a super hot car" and then I noticed her man not looking over as if to say thats its not worthy of his attention. I had a little chortle to myself.
Sponsored