Sponsored

Compliments/comments/neck twisters about Aussie Mustangs

jank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT TY
Every damn bee in Wollongong wants to fly onto the car and do some sort of inappropriate bump and grind.....Get over it Bees it is a Mustang Car, not some oversized yellow flower:doh::D
Haha too true. I just finished drying the front of the car after a wash yesterday arvo and I look back and the rear has 2 insects on it already :doh: didn't even have time to put it in the garage.

On the other hand a neighbour commented that TY is a happy colour. I think it definitely makes more people happy than not.

Also got a hang loose hand sign driving through Sutherland last week. Rad!
Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Also got a hang loose hand sign driving through Sutherland last week. Rad!
Hey! I occasionally get that around here too.

rta-small-penis-pinky-finger.jpg

jank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT TY
LOL Drew.. are you popping it in neutral and revving whenever you get the chance?

Kaps

Mustang maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback PP Auto
Ok I took her out for a spin today and stopped at a traffic light next to a Jeep Hemi SRT. I normally do a spirited take off at lights to leave rest of the traffic behind and follow the speed limits.
However the Guy in SRT wanted a drag race as soon as I took off. I normally never respond to these situations and simply let the other car go.
But with a loud exhaust and Pedal commander installed, for the sake of the reputation of our Ponies, I made a split second decision and stepped on it.
Next I know I saw him in rear view mirror approx 100 meters behind me.
That was very exciting, and I was lucky there were no cops around.
I stopped at next lights as I was turning right. The SRT guy honked and gave thumbs up when driving past me as he was going straight, I just waived back and I think he enjoyed it as much as I did.
I am not going to do it again though, until next time lol...

MrMustang1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red mustang GT
Lol thats great Kaps

Sponsored

mwizz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang 390 Fastback
I turned into a main road on my way home and looked in the rear vision mirror to see another Mustang in dark blue right behind me. We went the same way for a while and when turning up another main road he pulled up next to me, we both gave each other the thumbs up and cruised up the road for a while until he had to turn off.

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
The other day driving through Oxford St on route to the eastern suburbs a homeless looking man approached us at the lights and told us what a rare car we were driving... what is it?
A Mustang
... he then went on to tell us about Robert de Niro driving one in Cape Fear :)

So then I'd been parked for a while over in the east and there was an MG TC/TD (I haven't worked out how to tell them apart yet) that I was looking at and a largely toothless man wearing a Harley shirt saw my Mustang cap and thought he'd strike up a conversation about Mustangs - despite having walked past mine 20m up the road and not even noticing it he seemed to like them.

*shrug* I guess the moral is, if you're a lady who likes slightly dirty older men with a need for a dentist, then the Mustang should be your first choice :headbonk:

V8KOOP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback Competition Orange manual
Filled up with fuel tonight, paid the attendant and as I was walking back to my car a 20year old guy in little Lancer says to me, "that's the best car I've ever seen mate"!. Thanks I said with a grin.
Have to agree with him though, I've had her for 3 months now and I love her more every day!

whtbt1.88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 fastback
On the way to the Jam Factory on Saturday night got:

One middle aged gent with a cheap bali knock off armani shirt pointing out to his two putrid looking female companions, "it's probably not even that fast"

Young dude in his 30's on the other side of the road..
"another fucking one"....
best part -->> he was driving an ss commodore with bonnet stickers :)

GTsteveMkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford Falcon 30th Anniversary EL GT
On the way to the Jam Factory on Saturday night got:

One middle aged gent with a cheap bali knock off armani shirt pointing out to his two putrid looking female companions, "it's probably not even that fast"

Young dude in his 30's on the other side of the road..
"another fucking one"....
best part -->> he was driving an ss commodore with bonnet stickers :)
I haven't even taken delivery of mine yet and I've noticed already that there seems to be either a love or hate thing for this new Mustang. The hate part seems mostly jealousy to me, I could be wrong though. There's definitely a lot more love for it than hate though. I've never had so much interest in any of my previous cars (numerous GT Falcon's and XR8's). All of my friends want to know about it and the wives and girlfriends are no different which is strange.

Sponsored

Jack110

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT fastback manual triple yellow
Pulled up in a small country town, middle of the day and very busy people everywhere, 4 teenage lads on pushbikes pulled up all excited on the footpath and proceeded to do hero worship bows to the mustang.Found it all a touch embarrassing given I'm 54 but what the hey, the kids sure enjoyed seeing a new mustang.
As far as other people looking, lots of that going on...I've also noticed that women of all ages show just as much interest as fellas so the appeal bridges the genders from what I've seen.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Got some sk8er hand signal this afternoon which I assume meant "cool" or similar.
erd2009.png

mwizz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang 390 Fastback
I pulled up at a mates place a while back and his wife came out, saw the car and said "even I've got an erection"

adabedas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dimitris
Vehicle(s)
GT 3Y (delivered 07 Sep. 2016 - 2017 specs)
Had this girl yesterday half her body out of the car window (passenger) giving me thumbs up and by her gesturesI believe she was asking me to rev it up!!! I thanked her and saw people from other cars smiling too.
The fact that there was too much traffic and I that have passed the age that I would go hard on the accelerator (actually never was like that), on neutral made her give me thumbs down and scream at me while I was passing her.

I think I let her down!!!:headbonk:

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Just had a young kid pretending not to take a video as I waited for him to cross the road in coogee haha. I gave him a smile and a little exhaust noise to finish off his short clip :thumbsup: everyone loves this car, it's great
Sponsored