Compliments/comments/neck twisters about Aussie Mustangs

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
Had a few people snapping pics while at the lights, lots of stares but the Gold Medal goes to all the the SS and HSV drivers feeling like they need to prove their Chevy manhood to the little 5.0

5am heading to work half asleep this morning, Stop at a set of lights..... SSV Redline on the left, VE HSV on the right, both took off like maniacs and realised shortly there after they were only racing against themselves :crazy:
Sponsored

w0rt3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT Fastback Manual Ruby Red
Had a few people snapping pics while at the lights, lots of stares but the Gold Medal goes to all the the SS and HSV drivers feeling like they need to prove their Chevy manhood to the little 5.0

5am heading to work half asleep this morning, Stop at a set of lights..... SSV Redline on the left, VE HSV on the right, both took off like maniacs and realised shortly there after they were only racing against themselves :crazy:
In their boganmobiles!

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
:lol: exactly Drew. I really don't know what goes through their heads. I have no desire to prove to anyone how fast or slow my car is, I bought it for my enjoyment

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
:lol: exactly Drew. I really don't know what goes through their heads. I have no desire to prove to anyone how fast or slow my car is, I bought it for my enjoyment
At least you didn't have your manhood questioned.

:thumbsup:

Sponsored

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
I'm not ashamed to say I'll enjoy burning off 86/BRZs at the lights... :eyebulge:
... then again, one can enjoy that in just about any car on the market these days :p

I joke, I joke, 86s are lovely cars.

No matter how fast your car is, there will always be one faster. Unless you own a Chiron. Then you're probably pretty safe.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
I'm not ashamed to say I'll enjoy burning off 86/BRZs at the lights... :eyebulge:
I don't mind a little traffic light action here and there, and I'll always oblige with a rev if requested - satisfies my V8 obsession.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
I'm reviving this thread to have a whinge, at people who think "if I tailgate this mustang hard enough, I'll feel like a big man". Several times on my drive home I was unable to see the headlights of the fully sick wrx behind me, because he was so far up my ass. No dickhead, I don't want to race you in single lane traffic in the rain.

On topic, I get a lot of thumbs up and compliments on the street, which more than make up for the odd hero. And yes my comment above does somewhat contradict my whinge, but not in the rain - that's just silly.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm reviving this thread to have a whinge, at people who think "if I tailgate this mustang hard enough, I'll feel like a big man". Several times on my drive home I was unable to see the headlights of the fully sick wrx behind me, because he was so far up my ass. No dickhead, I don't want to race you in single lane traffic in the rain.

On topic, I get a lot of thumbs up and compliments on the street, which more than make up for the odd hero. And yes my comment above does somewhat contradict my whinge, but not in the rain - that's just silly.
And I thought I was the only one who attracted dickheads...
Fortunately, they're a tiny minority. The vast majority want to ask questions and admire. And there's also those who want to admire but don't want to be seen to be doing it... I get a good laugh from them with the whole "you can't tell that I'm looking but I AM looking" thing going on :doh:

Resto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 5.0, Oxford White manual coupe
Thought I'd add my latest experience....

Cruising home yesterday after working all weekend, not really in the mood for wankers. Low and behold up props beside me a couple of lads in their VN/VP SS. I had my window down and they were revving and accelerating then slowing down, I just sat there sitting on 80 clicks and enjoying my music. Finally needle dick in the passenger seat yells, 'Heap of shit!' and I just smiled and gave him a thumbs up. Didn't see his reaction but he then yells, 'Gutless!' and they tromped on the gas and drove away weaving through the cars in front. About 2km around the bend ol' mate and his pal are pulled over by a police bike! I just tapped the horn as I cruised by.
Such fun, made my night.

Sponsored

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Fastback, due sometime in October
This is such an amusing thread. Keep the stories coming!

Love the tale above.

Bradek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT
Since picking mine up a couple of days ago I have been very surprised with how positive the reactions have been. Would have expected some haters but so far nothing but thumbs up.

mwizz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang 390 Fastback
... then again, one can enjoy that in just about any car on the market these days :p

I joke, I joke, 86s are lovely cars.

No matter how fast your car is, there will always be one faster. Unless you own a Chiron. Then you're probably pretty safe.
The Tesla in Top Gear would beat them all. I couldn't believe what it did to the 700hp Hellcat.

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
Since picking mine up a couple of days ago I have been very surprised with how positive the reactions have been. Would have expected some haters but so far nothing but thumbs up.
Honestly, everybody loves it :cheers:

I'm surprised at how many 5 to 10 year olds point and say 'wow, mustang' when I drive by. Good to see car culture alive and well, in between them running around and catching PokemonGo Ponytas haha

(had to google "Horse pokemon")

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
Since owning mine I've become far more aware of just how bad some people drive. The amount of people who veer into your lane and the damn morons who, when making a right or left turn, have to swerve out in their lane before taking the turn, like they're driving a Mack truck. I reckon 75% of people responsible I pull up next to at lights are all staring down at their bloody phones. I just want to get out the car and slap some sense in to them
Sponsored