Sponsored

Communicating with remote tuner......Lund

arieso94z28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Got a question guys. I've been doing my datalogs and sending them in to Lund Racing since my Stage 2 procharger install. I've asked numerous questions each time I send in a datalog, and when I get revised tune the next day, all I get back is "Logs looking good, try this revision tune". I am on revision 9 right now. I find it a little frustrating that I would like to know for example, where my rev limiter will be set at since I plan to rev it close to 8k. I've been asking questions regarding a boss intake manifold/wastegate install that I will be doing soon, and get no answers. I've been asking other questions too regarding the idle, and throttle response and get no answers. Anyone else have this experience? The tuning is turning out great, I can't complain about that. I am knowledgeable in cars, and would just like to know a few things that the tune has.
Sponsored

Last edited:

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Try Ken Bejoins he is very customer friendly and will answer your questions

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
I would say tell Lund your frustrations they will work with you. Give them a chance to make you Happy and if they don't post your full experience here.

I think Ken is great. I also think Lund is great. Maybe Lund has so much business they are super busy. Not sure just speculating.

Lund has answered all my questions personally for what it's worth.

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm sure they will answer your questions. Just keep in mind that these guys tune upwards of 300 cars per month. They can't always chat. It's nothing personal.. They are very good at what they do. Switching to Ken isn't necessary. Lol

Sheenapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
for the most part they will just tune for the mod and not really what you as a customer request.

there's certain areas that its a caned tune (rev limit, throttle mapping, idle, speed limiter, etc...), I imagine a dyno session with remote tuning would be the way to go if you want those granular details. there's just certain things lund wont do over datalogging or without nudging. it also depends on the tech you get and the day/time etc... I've gotten the same tech on two separate occasions, the first time I got generic answers like you're getting, the second time I put a ticket in with a request and a list of questions. he fulfilled the request, 2-3 more requests, and answered all the questions. headers, MAF curve, AFR, etc.. so they can do it, just depends

Sponsored

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
You would be taking a step backward by switching to Ken from Lund.

I would say something along the lines of "Look, I need to have these questions answered because I do have concerns I need addressed."

and send a pic of the Bachelor DVD set if it is Jon Jr.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
simply add all the questions at one time in your ticket, with no logs, should have no problem getting them answered

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yes, they will answer your questions.. They are dialing your current set-up in at the moment.. Get it dialed in then talk with them on your future plans.. You want them to be 100% focused on your data logs.. They also remote tune at one time.. You just need to set a appointment with them and a Dyno facility.. Your car will be spot on either way..

jchristena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Jon II has always been very responsive for me. Might just be catching him on a busy time. Jon Sr. is a little more...to the point(all business)...still a good guy though.

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
You would be taking a step backward by switching to Ken from Lund.
I have enjoyed watching your progress, but I gotta say that your comment couldn't be more wrong. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about pertaining to Ken and his level of service, he's in a whole different league then Lund. Everything about Ken's service is completely customized towards his results oriented customers. I got the same coldness from Lund as arieso, not to mention I was treated like I was a stupid customer by Lund himself (not sure sr or jr).

Ken cranks out 9 sec S550's almost everyday, whereas Lund tends to the mass's. If you want guaranteed personalized results with someone committed to helping you achieve your goals then Ken is your guy. If you want to send 9 datalogs back and forth with no answers to any of your questions or concerns, then get in line with the Lund and they'll get to you when they are ready.

Sponsored

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
I have enjoyed watching your progress, but I gotta say that your comment couldn't be more wrong. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about pertaining to Ken and his level of service, he's in a whole different league then Lund. Everything about Ken's service is completely customized towards his results oriented customers. I got the same coldness from Lund as arieso, not to mention I was treated like I was a stupid customer by Lund himself (not sure sr or jr).

Ken cranks out 9 sec S550's almost everyday, whereas Lund tends to the mass's. If you want guaranteed personalized results with someone committed to helping you achieve your goals then Ken is your guy. If you want to send 9 datalogs back and forth with no answers to any of your questions or concerns, then get in line with the Lund and they'll get to you when they are ready.

I couldn't agree more as i had the exact same experience which is why i recommended Ken. After dealing with him it was night and day.

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT

Thanks for the sentiments about the car but there is a back story most of you are not aware of.

This is to elude to what I said when you would be taking a step back:

When Ken was with Lund Racing before he got fired, you would have had the opposite experience you're having now. There would be weeks without reply or care for customers that were being tuned by him that LR was working on diligently. No courtesy response while busy or anything to fill in the blanks people were left with. The only reason he's "working hard" now is because he was fired for being a lazy ass and has to put food on the table. Amazing what smoke and mirrors will do for this industry. So don't forget that you're getting recycled Lund tunes that were stolen and are being updated.

When the plate gets removed from your table and you're forced to eat on your own then the situation looks a little different to outsiders.

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
Thanks for the sentiments about the car but there is a back story most of you are not aware of.

This is to elude to what I said when you would be taking a step back:

When Ken was with Lund Racing before he got fired, you would have had the opposite experience you're having now. There would be weeks without reply or care for customers that were being tuned by him that LR was working on diligently. No courtesy response while busy or anything to fill in the blanks people were left with. The only reason he's "working hard" now is because he was fired for being a lazy ass and has to put food on the table. Amazing what smoke and mirrors will do for this industry. So don't forget that you're getting recycled Lund tunes that were stolen and are being updated.

When the plate gets removed from your table and you're forced to eat on your own then the situation looks a little different to outsiders.
So you know first hand he was fired for being lazy.?? You do realize Ken tuned cars long before Lund started. Your crazy if you dont think most of Lund tunes have Kens input and knowledge all over them. Lund is second in the industry to American Muscle for tunes. Do you want a large corporate tuner that tunes thousands or a tuner that knows your car exactly and helps reach your goal. FYI I received 3 updates to my tune on SUNDAY while at the track.

OP
OP
arieso94z28

arieso94z28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
First off, my intentions were not to bash Lund. Their tuning is awesome and wouldn't go anywhere else. I was just frustrated by not having my questions answered. I did send them a separate email this morning with all my questions and just recieved a email back from them. I am a happy camper now!!!

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
So you know first hand he was fired for being lazy.?? You do realize Ken tuned cars long before Lund started. Your crazy if you dont think most of Lund tunes have Kens input and knowledge all over them. Lund is second in the industry to American Muscle for tunes. Do you want a large corporate tuner that tunes thousands or a tuner that knows your car exactly and helps reach your goal. FYI I received 3 updates to my tune on SUNDAY while at the track.
I also received three updates at the track on Sunday walking me down from 10.5 to 10.4 and to 10.3 all at over 138MPH from LR.

I am not saying Ken doesn't know he what is doing. I am providing the BACK STORY on why I said it would be a step back :headbonk:
Sponsored