Communicating with remote tuner......Lund

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Man... I'm about to blow this thread up with some facts because this whole Ken versus Lund thing is so out of hand that it's getting hard to read. Ken is not the second coming, and did some messed up stuff with Lund Racing and Fluid Turbo. He's also grenaded a 2015 already.. No one talking about that.
Sponsored

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Did you say you stuck with Ken since he was your help at Lund?

I'd be willing to wager you don't unless you are putting a converter in it.
Ken was not my original tuner from Lund. I believe that once Lund understood that I was measuring their tune based on my results from the dragstrip, I then became Ken's nagging responsibility. I gained .5 and 4mph after a few exchanges, same setup. The reason was because he had a 15gt with a TVS that he had spent countless hours tuning, of which I instantly benefited from. I have no doubts that Lund could have done the same but the ongoing support is the big difference with Ken. I can send a datalog or a random question, and he's on it with an immediate reply, and the results get better every time.

Here's the crazy thing.....I purchased my original tune from Lund May of 15, started working with Ken in June, he departed shortly after. He's been tuning my car for 8+ months since being on his own and hasn't charged me a single dime, haven't paid him a penny. Why? Because I was originally a Lund customer, he was honoring that, I've demanded to pay him numerous times but he won't take it. How cool is that? Im assuming that will change next week when I ask him to send my tune for my twins. Anyway, I'm done swingin for now, I'm just sharing my experiences.

And who runs a twin setup without a 3B and a 2 step? :D.

Last edited:

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have enjoyed watching your progress, but I gotta say that your comment couldn't be more wrong. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about pertaining to Ken and his level of service, he's in a whole different league then Lund. Everything about Ken's service is completely customized towards his results oriented customers. I got the same coldness from Lund as arieso, not to mention I was treated like I was a stupid customer by Lund himself (not sure sr or jr).

Ken cranks out 9 sec S550's almost everyday, whereas Lund tends to the mass's. If you want guaranteed personalized results with someone committed to helping you achieve your goals then Ken is your guy. If you want to send 9 datalogs back and forth with no answers to any of your questions or concerns, then get in line with the Lund and they'll get to you when they are ready.
Let's clear up a few things here...

Ken was an employee at Lund Racing. As such, he learned a great deal. He has thousands of files and a pool of data from having access to vehicles that he tuned while WORKING FOR Lund Racing. He is no better or worse than Jon Sr, Jr, or Greg. All he is doing is tossing more timing at these cars, and yes, they're making more power.

BUT, at what cost? Ken has already blown up a 2015 Coyote that belongs to a vendor on this site. I won't say who out of respect.. but, that person can talk about it. Boom. Blown up Coyote. But, that gets swept under the rug.

Here's the deal, guys and gals.. There is ALWAYS more power to be had, but at what risk? What cost? The folks that sit here and say "Oh, I accept the risk.. I want as much power as we can make" are the same ones that cry foul when their engine blows up. Lund Racing tunes about 4 THOUSAND cars a year. In that pool of customers, how many blown up cars do you hear about? What's the percentage? How many blown up S550's have you heard about with Lund tunes? ZERO. There's a reason that Boost Works uses Lund. These guys are pros at what they do, and they WILL NOT do anything to jeopardize a customer's engine, no matter what. We've SAFELY made over 1200whp with a Lund tuned S550. We rung it out for a mile straight, time after time after time.

I DO know what I'm talking about, because I work with these guys day in and day out.

Outside of Lund Racing.. This is MY opinion based on observations. It has nothing to do with Lund. There are things that Ken did to both Lund and Fluid Turbo that I can't discuss on here because I have been asked not to. There is a reason that Ken was fired from Lund Racing and Fluid Turbo. He didn't quit.. he was fired. His attitude was terrible when he worked there, and his response time was crap. The guy constantly talks trash on social media about things he has no business even discussing. He now has his own place with another guy in Palm Beach, and is trying to nose into the market. Of course the guy is going to play nice. Of course he's going to bend over backwards to get his name out.

But, he is not doing anything special that Lund couldn't do. Do you think that Ken just erased everything on his hard drive when he left Lund? He just gave up and started fresh? Come on.. Who would do that?

The bottom line is this.. Lund Racing chooses not to put stuff on the edge for a reason. Reliability, and keeping the LR name clean. And quite frankly, tuning 4K+ cars a year shows that they know their stuff. They won't post here.. They don't want the drama.. but, I'm sick and tired of the Lund bashing to promote Ken Bjonnes. The guy needs to EARN his customer base, put some miles under his belt on his own 2 feet, and then he can stick his chest out. I can say this much.. If it wasn't for folks like Lund Racing, Whipple, Kenne Bell, and shops such as ours that put years of hard work into these cars, there wouldn't be any tuning options like we have now. That deserves some respect. Ken Bjonnes did not make Lund Racing.. and he has a long way to go before he's on that "level".

[/soapbox]

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Let's clear up a few things here...

Ken was an employee at Lund Racing. As such, he learned a great deal. He has thousands of files and a pool of data from having access to vehicles that he tuned while WORKING FOR Lund Racing. He is no better or worse than Jon Sr, Jr, or Greg. All he is doing is tossing more timing at these cars, and yes, they're making more power.

BUT, at what cost? Ken has already blown up a 2015 Coyote that belongs to a vendor on this site. I won't say who out of respect.. but, that person can talk about it. Boom. Blown up Coyote. But, that gets swept under the rug.

Here's the deal, guys and gals.. There is ALWAYS more power to be had, but at what risk? What cost? The folks that sit here and say "Oh, I accept the risk.. I want as much power as we can make" are the same ones that cry foul when their engine blows up. Lund Racing tunes about 4 THOUSAND cars a year. In that pool of customers, how many blown up cars do you hear about? What's the percentage? How many blown up S550's have you heard about with Lund tunes? ZERO. There's a reason that Boost Works uses Lund. These guys are pros at what they do, and they WILL NOT do anything to jeopardize a customer's engine, no matter what. We've SAFELY made over 1200whp with a Lund tuned S550. We rung it out for a mile straight, time after time after time.

I DO know what I'm talking about, because I work with these guys day in and day out.

Outside of Lund Racing.. This is MY opinion based on observations. It has nothing to do with Lund. There are things that Ken did to both Lund and Fluid Turbo that I can't discuss on here because I have been asked not to. There is a reason that Ken was fired from Lund Racing and Fluid Turbo. He didn't quit.. he was fired. His attitude was terrible when he worked there, and his response time was crap. The guy constantly talks trash on social media about things he has no business even discussing. He now has his own place with another guy in Palm Beach, and is trying to nose into the market. Of course the guy is going to play nice. Of course he's going to bend over backwards to get his name out.

But, he is not doing anything special that Lund couldn't do. Do you think that Ken just erased everything on his hard drive when he left Lund? He just gave up and started fresh? Come on.. Who would do that?

The bottom line is this.. Lund Racing chooses not to put stuff on the edge for a reason. Reliability, and keeping the LR name clean. And quite frankly, tuning 4K+ cars a year shows that they know their stuff. They won't post here.. They don't want the drama.. but, I'm sick and tired of the Lund bashing to promote Ken Bjonnes. The guy needs to EARN his customer base, put some miles under his belt on his own 2 feet, and then he can stick his chest out. I can say this much.. If it wasn't for folks like Lund Racing, Whipple, Kenne Bell, and shops such as ours that put years of hard work into these cars, there wouldn't be any tuning options like we have now. That deserves some respect. Ken Bjonnes did not make Lund Racing.. and he has a long way to go before he's on that "level".

[/soapbox]
Good lawd have mercy, that must have taken a long time to write, not gonna pretend like I read all of it. I didn't realize how specific you wanted me to be, but how about 18-20 degrees of timing depending on fuel 93/ms109, low to mid 11 a/f, almost the same timing as my Lund tune on 93.

You do realize that Kelly's car didn't blow up from a bad tune, it was from a faulty IC pump, those words came from Kelly. Also, a Lund tuned Paxton setup just shit the bed last week, probably wasn't from a bad tune, but random things happen.

Also, that mic pic was just gay. All we need to hear from you are the results from your kit, the one that isn't even on the market yet, or some new dyno results from your new motor because your old one that blew up.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If my aunt had a dick she would be my uncle!!! I feel like I am back in my 13 GT listening to AED Nut Swingers vs Lund.. Guys Lund Jon II has told me out of his own mouth that he could pull an extra 40 to 60 horsepower out of a Supercharged car... He also said that it would be taking the car to a point that he would not feel safe with the variables that most of our cars are set-up... Also, keep in mind that all of us love to turn our motors to around 8,000rpm!! We want our cars to run like Terry "Beefcake" Reeves and Kelly Aiken's from BMR.. The difference is they both run built motors. Lund tunes BEEFCAKES while Ken tunes KELLY'S.. Both are crazy fast... BOTH HAVE THE MOTORS TO HANDLE HIGH HP..When I say this I mean guys like myself and 95% of you guys have a stock motor - stock internals like oil pump gears etc..We also have a stock fuel system with a pump booster... BOTH CAN TUNE A MUSTANG TO IT'S FULL POTENTIAL. I think that Ken is willing to tune a car a little more aggressive.. Lund will give you a more aggressive tune if you ask..

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
How many blown up S550's have you heard about with Lund tunes? ZERO. There's a reason that Boost Works uses Lund.
Didn't Lund tune your car, the one that just blew up?

I understand that you need to sell things, and that Lund is your bloodline, if they get bad press then that might affect your sales. You are a biased party and your opinion comes with an asterisk.

Last edited:

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
There is a reason he worked for Lund racing not Lund working for hiI'm.

At the end of the day my original statement is without fault:

If you want to take a step back then go get tuned by him. Which is 100% accurate since you'd be using an old LR base config

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
Bang, there's one from last week! Didn't Lund tune your car, the one that just blew up?
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50768

I understand that you need to sell things, and that Lund is your bloodline, if they get bad press then that might affect your sales. You are a biased party and your opinion comes with an asterisk.
Kens balls are like Russian night goggles on your eyes...

Ima screen shot something for you

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Good lawd have mercy, that must have taken a long time to write, not gonna pretend like I read all of it. I didn't realize how specific you wanted me to be, but how about 18-20 degrees of timing depending on fuel 93/ms109, low to mid 11 a/f, almost the same timing as my Lund tune on 93.

You do realize that Kelly's car didn't blow up from a bad tune, it was from a faulty IC pump, those words came from Kelly. Also, a Lund tuned Paxton setup just shit the bed last week, probably wasn't from a bad tune, but random things happen.

Also, that mic pic was just gay. All we need to hear from you are the results from your kit, the one that isn't even on the market yet, or some new dyno results from your new motor because your old one blew up. Who tuned it?

Deep down we both know that you're butt hurt over other things, your detailed post made that pretty clear.
It took all of about 5 minutes.. Sorry, I type quickly. That's 5 minutes that I will gladly spend defending a company that has done a lot for us.

Faulty pump, huh? So, where were the safeguards to pull timing once IAT's got above a level that was unsafe? Gotta love tuning on the edge. Who needs safeguards, right?

Don't like the mic pic? Cool deal man.. I didn't want to waste time looking over mic pics to make sure I got the best one. I'd rather spend that time defending Lund, and trying to spread the truth about what's really going on.

What motor did we blow up again? Oh.. you mean an oil pump gear failure? Right, I forgot to have the tuner check the "don't blow the fucking oil pump gear up" tab when they wrote the file. Get out of here with that nonsense. I was honest about it, and didn't even have to say a word, did I?

All you need to hear from me? lol.. You don't dictate what I say here. If you don't like what I have to say, then find the fucking back button on your browser and give it a little tap.

I have never been out of shape on this forum, EVER. But I'll be damned if I'm going to sit here and watch this bullshit go down without saying something.

Sponsored

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT

Hey Austin that says local tuner from the thread you just linked. Try again

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Bang, there's one from last week! Didn't Lund tune your car, the one that just blew up?
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50768

What does someone spinning a rod bearing have to do with tuning? Did it burn a hole in a piston? Did it hammer the crap out of it with detonation?

The guy flat out said it wasn't the tune on page number 3. Did you read that far?

The fact of the matter is this.. we CHOOSE who was want to use to tune. Just like we choose blower brands, turbo brands, etc. I chose Lund because of the experience, sheer number of customers, and record setting cars. If I wanted Ken Bjonnes tuning my shit, I would have him doing so. If I wanted Amazon, or Bama, or Eric @ HP Tuners, or any other tuner tuning cars for us, I would. We CHOOSE to use Lund because they give us the best chance of success with the lowest incidence of failure. That's not just about selling product, that's about selling product to our customers that is reliable, proven, and the best that we can offer.

If you want to use the guy, fine.. But, this whole "lund sucks.. Ken is better" thing is lame, and it pisses me off.

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Kens balls are like Russian night goggles on your eyes...

Ima screen shot something for you
Just stating the facts. That thread definitely had your attention judging from all of your posts, your pucker factor jumped a few degrees. Screenshot that for me :lol:

some questions:
What fuel?
What oil weight?
What oil brand and what oil filter?
Stock TB to Oil pan or did you have OPG/CG?

Thank you.

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
Just stating the facts. That thread definitely had your attention judging from all of your posts, your pucker factor jumped a few degrees. Screenshot that for me :lol:
Ill screen shot where you're wrong. I am trying to find a correlation to help Paxton/Vortech/PC users out. I took the car out and ran 10.3@138 within days of that. Pay to play :headbonk:

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
And yes, we are here to make money.. So is every other vendor.

Keep in mind that we bought our own 2015 from the get-go, and spent countless hours building up the tune strategy. Months upon months upon months.

That was an investment into our company. It was an investment into this community. So, sure.. I defend it along with those folks tied to it.
Sponsored