Sponsored

Cobb vs unleashed

ecostangg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
If you try both of them which one did you like best and Why I can't decide which one to get
Sponsored

Brad

Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S - Big Turbo EB
Sounds like the real question is Accessport vs X4 honestly.
Cobb's features are way too good to compare it to the X4. I recommend X4 if you are going to get Cobb's canned tune vs an unleashed tune. Get accessport if you're gonna get a tune from Adam.

ECM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Ya there's so much confusion in this. Your question is comparing hardware to software. There's two main tuner hardwares: access port and x4. You can have a tuner put exactly the same tune parameters on each one to get the same result. I wouldn't base your decision on what's on the off-the-shelf pre loaded tune on the device. With Cobb there pre loaded tune is a little conservative but if you buy from MAPP he'll put a more aggressive tune on it free of charge for you. And then of course you can get it dialed for some extra money. At the end of the day access port has a nice design and screen and more features. As far as the tune, like I said, you can load any tune on either one to get pretty damn near the same results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
If you are the type that is going to load the tune and put the device away, save the $100 and get the X4. On the other hand if you are the type to be switching tunes all the time, mounting it in the car so you can be monitoring what's going on with the car then the extra $100 for the Cobb device is probally worth it.

Whether you go X4 or Cobb you are better off buying the device from a tuner. That way you get the canned tunes SCT or Cobb provide on the device plus a semi custom tune from the tuner for the same price as the device from the manufacturer. Tuners typically provide tune updates as you make addtional mods at no extra cost.

Also, there are many more tuners that work with SCT software so if you are looking or are going to look for a local tuner the SCT X4 is likely a better choice.

Sponsored

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I've had both tuning devices and tuning from unleashed and Adam from MAP for the accessport. Personally I like the accessport better because of its features. Now for a tune provider I was not satisfied with the Cobb ots tune (very weak) and I have nothing against Torrie from unleashed his tune was great but I like to try different things so I went with Adam From MAP and I am not dissapointed one bit. So if you don't care about features of the tuner then it all comes down to which tune provider you want.

OP
OP
ecostangg

ecostangg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
thanks guys I think I'll be going with cobb I like the features and its better looking not that that matters I'll probably get it from map

Shawn@RIP TUNING

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Mustang

turtleboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB
I have an unleashed tune and its awesome. I am tempted to try Cobb with Adams tune but I'm not sure if you get unlimited new tunes like with Unleashed, thats why I went with them. Very happy so far.

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I have an unleashed tune and its awesome. I am tempted to try Cobb with Adams tune but I'm not sure if you get unlimited new tunes like with Unleashed, thats why I went with them. Very happy so far.
You only get Adams ots tune with purchase of the accessport, it's actually a really good tune much better then stock. But in order to get the max power gains you have to get his e-tuning which is $250 and that includes unlimited revisions. Best bet if you were going to switch is try to find an accessport for less then $500 then get his e-tuning to save some money.

Sponsored

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Hey Turtleboy, I have a AP that I no longer use. PM me if you want to buy mine?

EcoBoostin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium MT
Get the Cobb accessport and a tune from Adam. With the tune, cold air intake, Catback exhaust, and an catless downpip, I feel as in I'm in 5.0 territory. an automatic 5.0 did not outrun me today. We were neck and neck all the way to 4th gear. Keep in mind I have a manual transmission lol. Oh and this was in Mexico of course. Adam tune ftw.

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Hey Turtleboy, I have a AP that I no longer use. PM me if you want to buy mine?
How do you like the livernois tune? Better then what you previously had? Did you try all 3 tuners? I thought you had unleashed at first but see you are/were selling the AP.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
I've had both tuning devices and tuning from unleashed and Adam from MAP for the accessport. Personally I like the accessport better because of its features. Now for a tune provider I was not satisfied with the Cobb ots tune (very weak) and I have nothing against Torrie from unleashed his tune was great but I like to try different things so I went with Adam From MAP and I am not dissapointed one bit. So if you don't care about features of the tuner then it all comes down to which tune provider you want.
Adam from Tune+ you mean ;)

Cobb is definitely the best tuner on the market when it comes to features. Launch control, flat foot shifting, datalogging, on the fly map switching, and not to mention and actually looks great and can be mounted on your dash. Try mounting a X4 somewhere without making the interior your car look like a semi truck!

If you have any questions feel free to ask, I have very extensive knowledge on the Cobb software and hardware.