CJPP H-pipe good and bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rapid Red 401A PP1 A10 Magneride
Does anyone have a cutaway picture of the factory resonator?
Sponsored

OP
OP

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Does anyone have a cutaway picture of the factory resonator?
Was thinking I saw one somewhere. If you can imagine two parallel glasspacks which share a single outer case, that's what it looks like. There's no H or crossover inside, just perforated tubing all the way down. (At least from what I can see.)

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
Ok resinstalled the h pipe after the holes were enlarged to where they should have been and no more diesel idle sound. The should advertise some disassembly and reassembly required lol

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS

Sponsored

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
So basically 2 straight thru pipes with packing around them, not terrible...
Yup, though it was a resonated H-Pipe at first because it looked like it from an angle, but I poked around in it and there is no connection between the 2 pipes.

And then in the trash/recycling it went.

Fallenares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
I have the h-pipe on mine. For those who have the diesel noise or fluttering noise is this what you are talking about.

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
So we know if others sounds better? I was always told all H-pipes sound the same.

And has anyone cut open the other ones?

OP
OP

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I don't mind getting an audio grab of the ported H, but not convinced that whatever I do will convey how it sounds in person. I can try to get something with my video camera and strip out the audio.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Yup, though it was a resonated H-Pipe at first because it looked like it from an angle, but I poked around in it and there is no connection between the 2 pipes.

And then in the trash/recycling it went.
I don't know if there is no connection between them. If you add up all the holes they might equals the area of this poor CJPP example. At least now we know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall :lol:

OTOH, I wonder what a 3" H pipe might sound like...I would think the bigger it is the deeper the sound.

Sponsored
OP
OP

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
OTOH, I wonder what a 3" H pipe might sound like...I would think the bigger it is the deeper the sound.
Yes, that's been my anecdotal experience.

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
I don't know if there is no connection between them. If you add up all the holes they might equals the area of this poor CJPP example. At least now we know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall :lol:

I think it would sound a little deeper than a 2.5" only makes sense.

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
I have the h-pipe on mine. For those who have the diesel noise or fluttering noise is this what you are talking about.
Yes that would go away once it's opened up and the holes opened to the full size it should, was a night and day difference before and after with my dynomax mini bullets. Just reinstalled yesterday at work no more diesel idle.

chris37mil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (PP)
Well I am glad I stumbled upon this thread before buying the CJPP H pipe!! Anyone have experience with any other brands of H pipe? Was looking at either the STEEDA or Lethal H pipe...

OP
OP

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I was getting an alignment done this AM and really got to listen to the car from the outside. Love the sound, both in and out of the car. It's deep and just a "skosh and a half" louder than stock. Porting out the H was a hassle, but I'm 100% happy with how it turned out. I think if you can find an H that is properly made out of the box, you'll dig the sound. It does make me wonder about some of the raspiness of X-pipes out there whether they are properly opened up or if they just have a tiny hole connecting the sides as well. Time to start cutting open those pipes, men! :D
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.