Not open for further replies.

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Well I am glad I stumbled upon this thread before buying the CJPP H pipe!! Anyone have experience with any other brands of H pipe? Was looking at either the STEEDA or Lethal H pipe...
Seriously call a local custom exhaust shop and just have one made, it will save you money between the H-pipe, shipping and install. :headbonk:
Sponsored

Paul K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP Recaro
I got around to putting up a review as well. What I'd really be interested in is seeing the stainless version cut open, or at least someone doing a really good inspection of it. Too late for me, but would be really helpful for others.
I have the stainless steel version and I don't believe it is manufactured the same way as the aluminized steel version. They look very different.
rdhp1_1.1172.jpg
hpmr1_1.989.jpg

OP
OP

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I have the stainless steel version and I don't believe it is manufactured the same way as the aluminized steel version. They look very different.
Did you happen to peek down the tubes? Was the crossover cut cleanly?

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
Is there a similar thread on the Ford xpipe? Curious to see if they maintain high quality standards.

chris37mil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (PP)
Seriously call a local custom exhaust shop and just have one made, it will save you money between the H-pipe, shipping and install. :headbonk:
Ok, well that's easier said than done...I would have to shop around and find an exhaust shop that will do decent enough work and make it right, and that's if I can find a shop...which is probably the reason why the majority of people prefer to just buy a pre-made h pipe and install that instead of trusting some exhaust shop that could possibly A. screw up a simple h pipe or B. screw up something under your car without your knowledge....For me, I prefer to just order a pipe and install myself. I am all about supporting local businesses, which is why I am looking at Lethal or Steeda, they are just down the road from me.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Locations in both Pompano Beach, FL & Valdosta, GA - happy to help!

TJ

tza888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ruby Red GT
If i get a chance to rip mine off this weekend to check it, it then becomes a decision of what to do.

1. Cut open the crossover and clean it out, then get it re-welded at a shop.
2. Been contemplating adding a few Dynomax race bullets so I could just have a shop cut the section of pipe with the crossover to add them.

Decisions, decisions

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
[that h pipe will have a better sound if you cut it open and fix it I just resinatalled mine Monday and I'm finally happy with it.

AndQUOTE=tza888;1843738]If i get a chance to rip mine off this weekend to check it, it then becomes a decision of what to do.

1. Cut open the crossover and clean it out, then get it re-welded at a shop.
2. Been contemplating adding a few Dynomax race bullets so I could just have a shop cut the section of pipe with the crossover to add them.

Decisions, decisions[/QUOTE]

jdoug

Regular Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
I have the Steeda one and am very happy with it.

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
Yes I have that same one, the one on the bottom. Their 304SS version is more expensive, but I got it used from a forum member. It was used for like 1000 miles but when I got it, looked brand new, shiny etc. Thats why when I saw the post about the good and bad of CJPP H-pipe, I thought "Bad? There's a bad side to their H-pipe?" Then I read it's about the aluminized version. I guess there is a reason between the price difference, besides the material used.

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I have a SS MRT H-pipe. It sounds good. Maybe one day I will cut it open and have a peek.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
More reason to buy the $40 universal H-Pipe where you can see through the piping before you have it welded in by a shop.

OP
OP

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'd be curious to see what it looks like where the crossover pipe meets the main pipes.
I have it installed on my vehicle. Took maybe 30 minutes to have it installed/welded for $60. Completely forgot to take a picture of the final result but it looks like any other H-Pipe install.

chris37mil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (PP)
I am still to picky about my car to just let any shop cut into and weld on my car...I am thinking about waiting a little longer to get the AWE touring catback instead.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.