Sponsored

Car replacement ideas - Mustang6G opinions!

What would M6G do?

• Trade BMW, Trade Ecoboost - Get a brand new M3, GTR, C7, Hellcat

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • Trade BMW, Keep Ecoboost - Get a used older gen M3, Audi S3/S4

Votes: 12 11.1%
  • Trade BMW, Trade Ecoboost - Get an S550 GT Premium

Votes: 62 57.4%

• Total voters

wildsailor

This Club for me?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Try a Focus...there, I can do it too! LOL.... /sarc ;)
Sponsored

08mojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2008 Z06
It depends on what you want out of the car:
  • daily driver?
  • weekend toy?
  • road course/hpde events?
  • drag racing?
  • combination of all?

You've got a pretty vague/broad list of cars. I was in the same position and narrowed it down to three--after a lot of research and soul searching:D. Determine how long you are going to keep the car and what your expectations of the car.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
I'd save for the house. Better to grow your bank account and save for a home, which will increase over time. Renting is basically throwing money away each month. I COULD afford a c7 or a nice Cayman s (and man I'd love one), but it's smarter to invest in retirement and save for a home. It may seem boring now but you'll thank yourself in the long run!

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
If I could afford a C7, I would get a C7.. that's easily the best car for the price. Looks great, sounds amazing, performs almost like a super car and it's not ridiculously expensive...

p.s. I'm no fan of Chevy's.. but I'd make an exception for a brand new Corvette.

OP
OP

bahasad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium, 14 BMW F30 Stage 1
It depends on what you want out of the car:
  • daily driver?
  • weekend toy?
  • road course/hpde events?
  • drag racing?
  • combination of all?

You've got a pretty vague/broad list of cars. I was in the same position and narrowed it down to three--after a lot of research and soul searching:D. Determine how long you are going to keep the car and what your expectations of the car.
Every single car I own has to be a daily driver. No drag racing.

I'd prefer something with 4 seats. I threw the C7 in the list, but realistically, I wouldn't buy it, just not practical enough for my needs.

Sponsored

OP
OP

bahasad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd save for the house. Better to grow your bank account and save for a home, which will increase over time. Renting is basically throwing money away each month. I COULD afford a c7 or a nice Cayman s (and man I'd love one), but it's smarter to invest in retirement and save for a home. It may seem boring now but you'll thank yourself in the long run!
The issue with buying a house is I like not being tied down to any single home. I could move across country and not worry about renting or selling the house.
My job is such that if a better opportunity arrives, I'd like to be able to quickly move on it.

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In that case, get an AMG C63.. screw the BMW. :D

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Of all the cars listed, I'd follow through with option #1 and hone in on an F80 or F82. Perhaps I'm biased, but they're definitely the best looking of the cars you mentioned and are leaps and bounds ahead of the E92 M3 (a car that I also love). The S550 GT is great bang for buck, but you'd be crazy to choose it over an M3/M4 if money wasn't a problem. They're pretty quick stock and go crazy once slightly modded (tune/DP). I've had a few run-ins with stock M's and I barely pull on them. I'm talking 1.5 car lengths AT MOST.

Get the M3/M4. You will not regret it.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
This 1000%. You seem too anxious to blow through your future income, coming from another more wise fatherly type... I have a healthy income and saved up for years before getting my GT, driving two older and much more boring cars in the mean time.

Sponsored
OP
OP

bahasad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This 1000%. You seem too anxious to blow through your future income, coming from another more wise fatherly type... I have a healthy income and saved up for years before getting my GT, driving two older and much more boring cars in the mean time.
I'm also not married, I don't want to buy a home until I am or engaged. That might be another 1.5-2 years down the line, at least.

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saving for the future is all well and good but living for tomorrow has the unfortunate fine print that tomorrow may never come.. Lol.

Could walk out your front door and get hit by lighting.. a friggin meteor could fall on your car on your drive to work. A disgruntled co-worker could go on a shooting spree when you drink the last cup of coffee from the break room.. I'm just saying. It's never a good idea to over extend yourself but do what makes you happy. For some that's financial security.. for others it's speeding down the freeway in a bad ass car with the windows down and the system up. :headbang:

08mojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2008 Z06
I'm also not married, I don't want to buy a home until I am or engaged. That might be another 1.5-2 years down the line, at least.
It's your money, do what you want. If I save 100% what I make now, sure I'll retire earlier but will I have lived how I wanted? If I save as little as possible, will I feel stupid when it's time to retire?

That's a balance that no one can answer but you yourself. Live within your means and enjoy life.

That said, buy the C7:D

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I wish. I know I'm going to sound like a ***** for this, but I need an Automatic/DCT. If Ford made an AT/DCT version of that car, I'd be all over it already

Oh, and dealers seem to charge far more for that car than MSRP (market adjustment). And my employee discount does not count towards it either.
New S3 is coming this fall with a bump in HP/TQ and also 7 speed transmission with new front/rear lights/fascia. Just FYI.

CO Dark Horse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium
I love my S550 but a GTR is hard to argue with. I test drove a used one before my GT and HolyS**t that car is insane. The grip and acceleration is just crazy. Only thing I have ever had that compared was my Yamaha R1.
Sponsored