Sponsored

Car replacement ideas - Mustang6G opinions!

What would M6G do?

• Trade BMW, Trade Ecoboost - Get a brand new M3, GTR, C7, Hellcat

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • Trade BMW, Keep Ecoboost - Get a used older gen M3, Audi S3/S4

Votes: 12 11.1%
  • Trade BMW, Trade Ecoboost - Get an S550 GT Premium

Votes: 62 57.4%

• Total voters

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
I'd go option 1. C7 is the perfect daily driver IMO.
Sponsored

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 'Hellbat'
Depends on how you value money, and see 'value'. The M3 is an incredible car, but even purists will say that they aren't what they used to be. Unfortunately, MY17 BMW's are going away from their extensive car maintenance. So, that should be factored in as well.

The one BMW I wish I could own is an M3, and if I had to choose between the two, with money not being an option, I'd definitely be torn. That being said, an absolutely loaded, bonkers GT, would be hard to say no to.

Also, I wanted a C7 for a while, until I stalked a few forums and saw A LOT of people complain about reliability issues. Sure, it's a performance car, it's going to happen, but being so new, some of these issues shouldn't.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Don't buy a BMW E92 M3.

The 4.0 V8 is known to have rod bearing problems.
If you do a search you'll find a lot of information about it.

BMW Motorsport engines require some pretty intensive maintenance. The rod bearings on the S65 engines don’t last anywhere near as long as they should. It would suck to own such as expensive engine, but have to worry about rod bearing failures everytime you drive it hard.

http://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2015/bmw-m3-engine-failure-s65.shtml

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwi5y8Kau4nOAhVW8WMKHdI8BzsQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.langracing.com%2Fbmw-e90-e92-and-e93-m3-s65-rod-bearing-replacement-and-inspection-service%2F&psig=AFQjCNGqkmzXiiu--meIa8n5qnju1YJ-CQ&ust=1469359038700400

Last edited:

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
One...

One of these! :ford: :cheers: :thumbsup:
image.jpg

Sponsored

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
Buy a condo with a two car garage, get a used Boss 302 and a Focus when you need good gas mileage.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I agree with everyone else, you might need to just think on it for a while and narrow down your list a lot although it sounds an awful lot like you're dying to have that M3.

I don't agree with the buying a house idea, and nearly anyone who has suffered from the last housing market flip will tell you the same thing. The house I rent now was "cheap" back in the mid 2000's and is now upside down by over 50 grand in a neighborhood that is going downhill fast with an influx of state-sponsored residents. There is no way it will ever in the next 20 years be worth enough for it to be sold which is why its being rented. The days of buying a house as an investment to drop when you're ready to retire are pretty much long gone unless you have enough liquid assets to do a quick fix and flip, and you have to worry about increasingly high property taxes in most areas. Homeowners insurance, maintenance, heating, fixing all of the little problems that pop up. Renting sounds like throwing money away but it gives you a much less expensive and stressful day to day life, especially if you're liable to move at any time in the next 10-20 years, and most of the people I know are desperately trying to get out of their houses and into a decent condo or apartment. Just my .02 on the issue.

Wally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger Scat Pack
If it was me, I would go for a hellcat all day.

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
i hate BMWs so trading it in is a smart move
If I wanted a german car it would be an AUDI all day long
but since you want a stang you should get a GT
Sponsored