Sponsored

Car replacement ideas - Mustang6G opinions!

What would M6G do?

• Trade BMW, Trade Ecoboost - Get a brand new M3, GTR, C7, Hellcat

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • Trade BMW, Keep Ecoboost - Get a used older gen M3, Audi S3/S4

Votes: 12 11.1%
  • Trade BMW, Trade Ecoboost - Get an S550 GT Premium

Votes: 62 57.4%

• Total voters

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
sounds like you want the M3 OP... anything else would be short of your 'dream'
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
It seams like this would be a better topic for the BMW forum. They most likely have more insight into the cars in your list.:shrug:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
keep the F30 as your 4-door sedan, trade the EB for base Mustang 5.0, add S/C :thumbsup:
This, though I think the NA 5.0 is still a riot as it is.

Sounds like you need an actual 4 seat car, OP. The Mustang isn't really that, as you know. It can work, but not for most adults. Keep a 4 seater around and get rid of the EB and get the GT PP. I'd also wait and get an '18MY if you can be patient. I completely understand if you can't.

Sponsored

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
CTS-V hands down for 4 doors, ZL-1 for 2 doors with a very small backseat.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
these cars appear to exceed OP's budget. base Mustang GT + S/C = $40k. Unless the motor fails. Or the car crashes. Then it will start getting expensive.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Get the BMW you've always wanted. It's never going to be a better time to own that car than now. Take your time and get a good car for a good price. It will only continue to get older, more dated, relatively slower compared to the new stuff and more expensive to own as time goes on. Buy it and have fun for as long as you are enjoying it and then sell. You won't lose much money on it if you don't keep it very long versus buying something new. Plus you will have the experience of owning it that you've been wanting for so long.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer

I actually keep thinking I need to trade my Mustang in for a new CTS-V.

Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
So my BMW lease is up exactly 1 year from today, and I'm looking to replace the car. Keep in mind I already have an EB mustang. Now my three options:

1) Give BMW F30 back. Trade in EB mustang. Get an F80 M3 or M4 (2015+), or used (2009) GTR, C7, Charger Hellcat.. Eventually buy a beater. (basically anything between 50-70K). This would be a whole different performance level from anything I am used to.

2) Give BMW F30 back. Buy an E92 M3 (one of my dream cars). Deal with the expensive cost of maintenance, having two RWD cars in a northern state. Would keep EB mustang. Also in consideration: Golf R, Audi S3, used Audi S4, used BMW 550 (basically anything less 40K).

3) Give BMW F30 back. Trade in EB mustang. Get a 5.0GT, Premium Pack. Deal with only having 1 car. Save money, but deal with the issues and boredom that can come from 1 car, rack up a ton of miles on 1 car. Would be able to save up for a house.

Considerations:
- I love my Mustang, but I have to say I have been eyeing an E92 M3 ever since I got my drivers license. Its been an attainable dream car for me ever since they released it back in 2008. Now I will be turning 30 in a couple of years and would like to purchase it as a gift to myself.

- At the same time, there is no denying that an S550 GT is as fast, if not faster, and has as good, if not a more modern, interior than an E92 M3 (the newest one will be 3 years old by the time I can look at one). Plus being a Ford Employee, I could get one at a very good price.

- At the same time, I can get into a brand new 2016 M3 for around 700-750/month. Its much faster than both the GT and E92 especially when modified. I won't have to worry about maintenance or any warranty costs for the first 4 years since its covered under BMWs plan. Also the interior will be far better than the E9x generation. And it's a new car, and I like the feeling of owning a new car.

What would you guys do? I know this is a mustang forum so I expect the opinions to be skewed slightly. Sorry for the long post.

You are all over the place with your list. Trim it down to 2 or 3.

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
If you're currently renting, I would take whatever route you need to to be able to buy a home. Cars are fun and can create many friendships and good memories but they're a terrible investment. Buy a house and worry about a dream car later.

Sorry to be a buzz kill but you'd be better off with a home that will go up in value rather than a car that's going to go down in value.

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
Not like you have some old clunker. Keep the EB, buy house, wait for next round of model refreshes/tech updates in another year or two after you settle in and in the mean time enjoy telling them kids to get off your lawn.

OP
OP

bahasad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium, 14 BMW F30 Stage 1
This, though I think the NA 5.0 is still a riot as it is.

Sounds like you need an actual 4 seat car, OP. The Mustang isn't really that, as you know. It can work, but not for most adults. Keep a 4 seater around and get rid of the EB and get the GT PP. I'd also wait and get an '18MY if you can be patient. I completely understand if you can't.
I am waiting for MY18, I am fairly sure it will get the 8AT, which will be a much better upgrade.

How about a used RS7 or a M5? Tunes=rocket in those things.
Considered them, would rather get a brand new M3 at that price range. Also, with a tune, a 550i can beat a stock M5. I could be wrong but I believe they have the same engine as well.

Would love a CTS-V, just way out of my price range. Not into camaros sorry :ford:.

OP
OP

bahasad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium, 14 BMW F30 Stage 1
If you're currently renting, I would take whatever route you need to to be able to buy a home. Cars are fun and can create many friendships and good memories but they're a terrible investment. Buy a house and worry about a dream car later.

Sorry to be a buzz kill but you'd be better off with a home that will go up in value rather than a car that's going to go down in value.
Not like you have some old clunker. Keep the EB, buy house, wait for next round of model refreshes/tech updates in another year or two after you settle in and in the mean time enjoy telling them kids to get off your lawn.
I don't think I could keep the EB as my only car, even if I was to buy a house. Would need to upgrade to the GT.
I absolutely know cars are poor financial investments. They are investments in my fun, happiness, and sanity :).
Sponsored