GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
I'm hearing contradictory information here. The distributors are saying the tunes can eliminate the rev hanging but everyone who has a Lund tune is still getting it. Mine actually got worse (or maybe just more noticeable?) after my intake/tune/exhaust.

Beefcake, do you have any input? I bought my whole package from you guys :) I'm pretty sure I asked Lund about it earlier this year when he was modding my tune and they said it was normal, but I'd love to get rid of it if I can! This has been probably the 2nd most annoying thing about this car (with MFT being #1)

FYI, I don't have PP but have this issue. I even put it back to stock and took to dealership and they said it was normal.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I'm hearing contradictory information here. The distributors are saying the tunes can eliminate the rev hanging but everyone who has a Lund tune is still getting it. Mine actually got worse (or maybe just more noticeable?) after my intake/tune/exhaust.

Beefcake, do you have any input? I bought my whole package from you guys :) I'm pretty sure I asked Lund about it earlier this year when he was modding my tune and they said it was normal, but I'd love to get rid of it if I can! This has been probably the 2nd most annoying thing about this car (with MFT being #1)

FYI, I don't have PP but have this issue. I even put it back to stock and took to dealership and they said it was normal.
are you talking about the rev matching?

OP
OP

KilluminatiDre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'm interested in hearing more input on this as well. I have subscribed to Lund and Steeda tunes, I haven't been able to use either yet since I'm out of the country but I'm alittle worried if people are still reporting rev hang even after the tune. I will be sure to specify that I want it removed on my request form since that's the main reason why I ordered the tune.

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
are you talking about the rev matching?
I suppose that's what it is. I'm still not clear what it does it for, but this thread proves its not in my head! :) Earlier I read only the autos have rev matching, but never saw any documentation from Ford that states the manuals do rev matching.

My car does what others are mentioning in this thread...slowing down, pushing clutch in, revs will stick for several seconds at 2500-3500k rpms.

Whether it is rev matching or for emissions as others have mentioned, I want it gone if possible! :cheers:

Sponsored

OP
OP

KilluminatiDre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I suppose that's what it is. I'm still not clear what it does it for, but this thread proves its not in my head! :) Earlier I read only the autos have rev matching, but never saw any documentation from Ford that states the manuals do rev matching.

My car does what others are mentioning in this thread...slowing down, pushing clutch in, revs will stick for several seconds at 2500-3500k rpms.

Whether it is rev matching or for emissions as others have mentioned, I want it gone if possible! :cheers:
I wonder if they would be able to remove it with a tune revision? The rev hang is the only complaint I have with the car at this point.

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
I wonder if they would be able to remove it with a tune revision? The rev hang is the only complaint I have with the car at this point.
I sent the request in to Lund. Hopefully they will have some answers since it appears the Steeda tune takes care of it. If not I may have to take my business to Steeda. :(

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
I don't really see the RPMs hanging out a bad thing in between shifts, mean you have to blip the throttle less to match the rpm before downshifting.
My issue is that it is doing it when I'm not downshifting. Like when pulling into my driveway or coasting down a street to a stop with the clutch pressed in for several seconds. It's borderline embarrassing, as I have a decently loud exhaust and it sounds like the car is not tuned properly. I don't do a whole lot of engine braking really. I've never had a car with rev matching but it seems to me that Ford did poorly in implementing it, if that's what this is really supposed to be. I still don't think they really have rev matching anyway, as it was never touted by ford as a feature on these cars (thought I heard something about it for autos, but don't remember even seeing anything official on this). If it is rev matching, that should have been an easy setting to give the customer the ability to turn on and off in the menu. :frusty: I'm sure some people would like it but it's not for me.

Based on this thread I'm not the only one annoyed by it. :shrug:

Sponsored
OP
OP

KilluminatiDre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I sent the request in to Lund. Hopefully they will have some answers since it appears the Steeda tune takes care of it. If not I may have to take my business to Steeda. :(
Yea I know Lund makes more power but if Steeda does a better job with removing the rev hang I'll take the power loss any day over that. I guess I'll have to run each tube back to back and see which one drives better.

I don't really see the RPMs hanging out a bad thing in between shifts, mean you have to blip the throttle less to match the rpm before downshifting.
Yea it's not too bad for downshifting but upshifting is the problem for me. Having to slow down my shifts by waiting for the revs to finally drop in between shifts is what really annoys me. If I try to ignore if and go about my business it will jerk because I'm in a new gear but the ECU is still trying to hold the revs up where they previously were. Especially since I have a Barton shifter it feels like I'm waiting forever for the revs to drop after I've already pushed the clutch in and shifted. If I want super smooth shifts I have to sit there and wait for the revs to drop.

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Yea I know Lund makes more power but if Steeda does a better job with removing the rev hang I'll take the power loss any day over that. I guess I'll have to run each tube back to back and see which one drives better.

Yea it's not too bad for downshifting but upshifting is the problem for me. Having to slow down my shifts by waiting for the revs to finally drop in between shifts is what really annoys me. If I try to ignore if and go about my business it will jerk because I'm in a new gear but the ECU is still trying to hold the revs up where they previously were. Especially since I have a Barton shifter it feels like I'm waiting forever for the revs to drop after I've already pushed the clutch in and shifted. If I want super smooth shifts I have to sit there and wait for the revs to drop.
Maybe that's why I have such a hard time adjusting to driving this car compared to my Subaru (also a manual).

You can always have both tunes and switch to Lund for the track! :)

Grim_Reaper

'Merica
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special 10-spd
I've never had this cause any issues with my upshifting or normal driving. I can slowly roll through the gears smooth as butter, or hammer through them with no discernable jolt from RPM issues.

OP
OP

KilluminatiDre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Maybe that's why I have such a hard time adjusting to driving this car compared to my Subaru (also a manual).

You can always have both tunes and switch to Lund for the track! :)
Yep same here, my last car was a R32 GTR no interference from the ECU and a straight up cable throttle. I really don't like how these new cars like to adjust your driving or make inputs. I'm hoping the pedalmax I have waiting at home will get me closer to that cable throttle response.

Good point, I may use a 87 Steeda tune for the daily and a 93 Lund for the track.

I've never had this cause any issues with my upshifting or normal driving. I can slowly roll through the gears smooth as butter, or hammer through them with no discernable jolt from RPM issues.
It's weird some people don't seem to have it at all and some seem to have it badly. Makes me wonder if the tunes from the factory are not create equal or maybe some of us notice it more due to the type of car we had previously. I was reading a post the other day where someone time the rev hang to be close to half a second. In that amount of time I should be in my next gear on my way not waiting for the revs to drop. I hate it.

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Yep same here, my last car was a R32 GTR no interference from the ECU and a straight up cable throttle. I really don't like how these new cars like to adjust your driving or make inputs. I'm hoping the pedalmax I have waiting at home will get me closer to that cable throttle response.

Good point, I may use a 87 Steeda tune for the daily and a 93 Lund for the track.

It's weird some people don't seem to have it at all and some seem to have it badly. Makes me wonder if the tunes from the factory are not create equal or maybe some of us notice it more due to the type of car we had previously. I was reading a post the other day where someone time the rev hang to be close to half a second. In that amount of time I should be in my next gear on my way not waiting for the revs to drop. I hate it.
Do you happen to be at high elevation? I doubt that is it but was thinking maybe that could make it worse. I'll have to look into this Pedalmax..never heard of it! :cheers:
Sponsored