Sponsored

Best tune to get rid of rev hang?

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Good luck getting rid of it with an aftermarket tune. I have had 2 different tuners now, and both tunes still have hanging revs. Lunds tunes still have the hanging revs as well. If you search here and over on SVT, you will find a couple different people that have different companies tunes (including Lund tunes) that cant get rid of it. My car does it on the stock tune as well. I just got rid of the SCT X4 and got HP Tuners so that I could phase that out (IF it can be done), but I haven't tinkered around with it yet.
Sponsored

Cloak

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck getting rid of it with an aftermarket tune. I have had 2 different tuners now, and both tunes still have hanging revs. Lunds tunes still have the hanging revs as well. If you search here and over on SVT, you will find a couple different people that have different companies tunes (including Lund tunes) that cant get rid of it. My car does it on the stock tune as well. I just got rid of the SCT X4 and got HP Tuners so that I could phase that out (IF it can be done), but I haven't tinkered around with it yet.
that's frustrating.. my car with stock tune, or sct 93 tune does not do the rev hang

Last edited:

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
that's frustrating.. my car with stock tune, or sct 93 tune does not do the rev hang - or at least doesn't do it as bad as with the original steeda tune i had.
I've just learned to get used to it. Seems like some cars have it more than others. I was wondering if it was strategy code thing, because a couple of the other guys with it I have talked to have the same as mine or closed to it, but that's probably not it. ?

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
When Kevin MacDonald tuned my '05 I asked to have the rev hang reduced which he did without any issues. Another reason for the rev hang is to keep the idle from dropping too low and possibly stalling due to dirty MAF or throttle body. I would just have the hang time cut shorter, but I wouldn't eliminate it. Been down that road.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I wish I could fit the Boss intake under this hood without doing motor mounts.
Why?

It's proven to lose power all across the band on the 15 5.0s

Sponsored

OP
OP

KilluminatiDre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
That "rev hang" you're talking about, it's actually a rev match but only for up shifts. It lowers the rpm down to where you shift in the next gear up then holds it for a bit expecting you to shift into the next gear and make the change smoother.

So I'm not sure why it's any kind of problem unless you're doing something weird like revving high in a gear then clutching in and not engine braking or something for a stop. This certainly does nothing for emissions and not dumping unburned fuel, because I've got glorious popping sounds on most shifts and over-run with stock everything but axle-back.
What were talking about is when you get off the gas the revs won't drop right away, they will literally hang there for a moment. Once the revs finally do drop it will rev match if you are willing to wait that long. I'm coming from a R32 Skyline GT-R which is a pure sports car, other than the AWD no driving assist. The revs drop and raise instantly as soon as you're off or on the throttle. Even if I blip the throttle in this car theres a slight hesitation before the revs will drop down. The rev hang is fine if you enjoy shifting slow. One thing I love about older cars is the ECU isn't stepping in trying to drive for you and the throttle being cable.

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
What were talking about is when you get off the gas the revs won't drop right away, they will literally hang there for a moment. Once the revs finally do drop it will rev match if you are willing to wait that long. I'm coming from a R32 Skyline GT-R which is a pure sports car, other than the AWD no driving assist. The revs drop and raise instantly as soon as you're off or on the throttle. Even if I blip the throttle in this car theres a slight hesitation before the revs will drop down. The rev hang is fine if you enjoy shifting slow. One thing I love about older cars is the ECU isn't stepping in trying to drive for you and the throttle being cable
Ahhh ok, I don't have that symptom at all. I'm only on the base GT, do you have the PP? Maybe there's something different about the tune in that regard, since the only hang I have is the matching up-shift one. Otherwise it responds like it should, like the good old cable throttles (ok maybe not quite so instant, but damn close haha)

OP
OP

KilluminatiDre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Ahhh ok, I don't have that symptom at all. I'm only on the base GT, do you have the PP? Maybe there's something different about the tune in that regard, since the only hang I have is the matching up-shift one. Otherwise it responds like it should, like the good old cable throttles (ok maybe not quite so instant, but damn close haha)
Yep I have the PP, yea maybe it is a slightly different tune with the PP.

Turrizm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have this problem now after adding a supercharger. Didnt have it all on the stock auto gt tune.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
our lund racing custom tune can get you dialed in!

Sponsored

Turrizm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
our lund racing custom tune can get you dialed in!
You know I might just do that. How much would it run (Auto GT with whipple)? Also should I expect any difference in total power and the torque curve etc? My current tune seems to be soft on the partial throttle torque.

Cloak

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
loaded up my new Steeda 93-octane tune today, with the Proflow CAI restrictor tube removed from the MAF housing. NO MORE REV-HANG! The car shifts just like stock, and the rpms drop right where they need to. The car feels great with the bigger MAF housing, and an awesome tune by Steeda!!

Public Service Announcement - if you have the Steeda CAI and Tune, send in the request for the tune with restrictor tube removed!!

[ame]

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I'm heavily leaning toward Lund
let me know!

You know I might just do that. How much would it run (Auto GT with whipple)? Also should I expect any difference in total power and the torque curve etc? My current tune seems to be soft on the partial throttle torque.
n/a tunes are $200, power adder are $450
Sponsored