Sponsored

Best mods to start waking up my V6 Batmobile

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Hi,

I am a new Mustang owner and new to the forums. I have a 2015 V6 Mustang in black w/ manual transmission, I call it the Batmobile. Not a gearhead but since this is my first Mustang I would love to get to know a bit about my car and some possible mods to get the best out of it.

I've been contemplating on getting the Roush Axle-Back Exhaust. I've seen videos of it and it sounded great on the V6. It is also not too expensive unlike some of the other exhausts I've seen. Would love to know what you guys think and for any other helpful tips to look out for? Thanks
Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Exhaust and cold air intake go along way on our V6. To top it off both are not that expensive. I would suggest those two mods first.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Typical bolt-ons should make you very happy. Tune, intake, full exhaust and gears will go a long way. Couple those mods with some drag radials and you could clip off high 12 low 13 second time slips!

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Typical bolt-ons should make you very happy. Tune, intake, full exhaust and gears will go a long way. Couple those mods with some drag radials and you could clip off high 12 low 13 second time slips!
^ yes all of those

Sponsored

NavyNolan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Fastback V6 M/T
Hi,

I am a new Mustang owner and new to the forums. I have a 2015 V6 Mustang in black w/ manual transmission, I call it the Batmobile. Not a gearhead but since this is my first Mustang I would love to get to know a bit about my car and some possible mods to get the best out of it.

I've been contemplating on getting the Roush Axle-Back Exhaust. I've seen videos of it and it sounded great on the V6. It is also not too expensive unlike some of the other exhausts I've seen. Would love to know what you guys think and for any other helpful tips to look out for? Thanks
Hello, Just installed Roush AxleBack exhaust. AND MY GOD!!!! AMAZING SOUND!!!!
After installing BBK Throttlebody+SR Performance Throttlebody spacer & K&N air filter, the Roush Axle Backs was the best mod I could have ever put on.

Waylap1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
Not my idea of a nice sound. That's like putting Flowmasters on a Taurus. Some cars are meant to be quiet.
If your car sounds like something is broken or has fallen off with an aftermarket exhaust...well. If you've got a car with an aftermarket exhaust and drive by my house and I can't see what it is and couldn't tell you if it was a Dodge Caravan with a rusted muffler or a brand spanking new Mustang V6, then....
Might as well put on some bright red fake caliper covers too, because race car.

Last edited:

NavyNolan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Fastback V6 M/T
Not my idea of a nice sound. That's like putting Flowmasters on a Taurus. Some cars are meant to be quiet.
If your car sounds like something is broken or has fallen off with an aftermarket exhaust...well. If you've got a car with an aftermarket exhaust and drive by my house and I can't see what it is and couldn't tell you if it was a Dodge Caravan with a rusted muffler or a brand spanking new Mustang V6, then....
Well it sounds Amazing to me and about every person that hears it and stops to take pictures of my car here in England. I'm not sure as to how you can take someone's positive post, and preach instant hate. Stop being a hater. You do realize this is the 3.7L forum, right? Do you just like to come on and preach about how V6's are 'meant to be quiet'? Maybe not everyone shares your opinion and maybe some people actually like the sound of the Roush Axle backs. As indeed many, many do.

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Good Post!

Well it sounds Amazing to me and about every person that hears it and stops to take pictures of my car here in England. I'm not sure as to how you can take someone's positive post, and preach instant hate. Stop being a hater. You do realize this is the 3.7L forum, right? Do you just like to come on and preach about how V6's are 'meant to be quiet'? Maybe not everyone shares your opinion and maybe some people actually like the sound of the Roush Axle backs. As indeed many, many do.
Hey, I am glad to hear someone else say they like that exhaust system as I have been trying to determine which one to get for my Cyclone V-6. So glad to hear that Mustangs have taken over the English countryside also. Two quick questions: 1. Any drone from those Roush Axle backs? and 2. The 3.7 engine is being sold in England? We were led to believe that EB and Coyote engines were going to be the only engines exported to Europe. So did you actually buy our great and capable 3.7 V-6 in England? I sure hope so...thanks and welcome to the Mustang World-Wide Nation!;)

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Don't worry about this guy. He is just angry he bought an inferior car and is taking his hate on the forum. I feel bad for him honestly.

Sponsored

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful ´15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic
So that's what buying one of the last few cars before a total restyling into a totally successfull neck breaking, ultra comfortable IRS equipped Mustang, does to people ?!?!
Glad I've waited a little more before ordering mine, so I was able to order a 2015 and not turn into a total douche :amen:

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Not a big fan of the roush axle backs either but to each his own. If he likes it then who am I to make a smart remark about it.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I think the roush axle backs sound the best on the V6 but that is always subjective, best bet it to watch videos and go from there.

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
He's got the last generation mustang....that says it all to me!

Sounds, mods, models, and so on are all subjective!

Just like women...food...clothing style...careers, etc.

As long as you're happy, that's all that matters

RemoteSenses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 RR
Hey, I am glad to hear someone else say they like that exhaust system as I have been trying to determine which one to get for my Cyclone V-6. So glad to hear that Mustangs have taken over the English countryside also. Two quick questions: 1. Any drone from those Roush Axle backs? and 2. The 3.7 engine is being sold in England? We were led to believe that EB and Coyote engines were going to be the only engines exported to Europe. So did you actually buy our great and capable 3.7 V-6 in England? I sure hope so...thanks and welcome to the Mustang World-Wide Nation!;)
I have the Roush Axlebacks as well; I was pleasantly surprised when I installed them and had basically no drone. You get a slight hint of it around 1800 RPMs but that's about it, and when I mean a slight hint, I mean you barely hear any drone at all.

Highly recommend the Roush Axlebacks; both in sound and no drone.
Sponsored