Sponsored

Best mods to start waking up my V6 Batmobile

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
^ Wait just a minute! You mean to tell me that "the hunteroo" has the Roush axle backs on his GT? If a "wit" on this forum as renowned as "the hunteroo" has this system, then I need to check these out a little closer because they must be worth buying.
Not sure if sarcasm, but thank you regardless:lol:
Sponsored

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Compliment Dude!

Not sure if sarcasm, but thank you regardless:lol:
Not sarcasm at all. What I have found on this Forum is that some posters know what they are talking about and others are just "blowing smoke". I have deemed "the hunteroo" to be "in the know". Your posts are clever and usually on target. That is why I deem you a "wit" on this Forum and I read your posts as credible. Other posters on this Forum are usually half right in what they say...they are the "Halfwits". And others who only want to argue and snark are the..."Dimwits". You "the hunteroo" are a full "WIT"! LOL:hail:

Bbrillon998

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 (Ruby Red)
Hello and welcome to the forums :cheers:, I would like to chime in on first mods and have Little feed back aswell. I put on the Roush Axle Backs on my V6. I really like the way they sound on start up and under heavy acceleration. They do have some drone like others have said in that 1600-2100 RPM range and the auto transmission like to keep it there around the 55-70 MPH range. I have learned how to reduce throttle input pressure to minimize the drone at those speeds. Other then that I like them very much. The cool thing is there are many options out there coming out for V6 axle backs now so, too each there own I say. :headbang:

Also what would you guys recommend for a CAI for the 2015 V6 JLT (Coming out) or Airraid ? Do they help with some of the throttle response down in the low RPM's or would it be more beneficial to get something like the BBK throttle body ?

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Not sarcasm at all. What I have found on this Forum is that some posters know what they are talking about and others are just "blowing smoke". I have deemed "the hunteroo" to be "in the know". Your posts are clever and usually on target. That is why I deem you a "wit" on this Forum and I read your posts as credible. Other posters on this Forum are usually half right in what they say...they are the "Halfwits". And others who only want to argue and snark are the..."Dimwits". You "the hunteroo" are a full "WIT"! LOL:hail:
I like your wit.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Thank you very much! I appreciate the complement greatly:hail::amen:, I just wasn't sure how the first post read, I am a super sarcastic person and I read almost everything in a sarcastic tone if that makes any sense (maybe that's not a good thing on my end:brokenheart:). I am happy to know others enjoy my mild trolling with some homemade puns and analogies sprinkled on top.:love:

Sponsored

NavyNolan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Fastback V6 M/T
Hey, I am glad to hear someone else say they like that exhaust system as I have been trying to determine which one to get for my Cyclone V-6. So glad to hear that Mustangs have taken over the English countryside also. Two quick questions: 1. Any drone from those Roush Axle backs? and 2. The 3.7 engine is being sold in England? We were led to believe that EB and Coyote engines were going to be the only engines exported to Europe. So did you actually buy our great and capable 3.7 V-6 in England? I sure hope so...thanks and welcome to the Mustang World-Wide Nation!;)
To answer your respective questions,
1. A tiny bit of Drone (Very minimal) around 1600-1900. But, for really nice exhaust sound, it's worth it!

2. Are V-6's coming to the UK?? alas, No...I bought from a Military car buying program on my Base out here.

So very happy to have went with the V-6.

Cheers!

six_shooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 DIB, 2018 HD Iron 1200
One of the easiest "mods" is getting some new wheels and rubber. You can get second hand wheels really cheap on the forum classifieds. For the price you cant beat factory take-offs, I personally liked the look of the GT PP wheels and scored a set with tires and TPMS for $1500. I think they are even cheaper now.

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Rare V-6

To answer your respective questions,
1. A tiny bit of Drone (Very minimal) around 1600-1900. But, for really nice exhaust sound, it's worth it!

2. Are V-6's coming to the UK?? alas, No...I bought from a Military car buying program on my Base out here.

So very happy to have went with the V-6.

Cheers!
Thanks for your answers here and I believe your V-6 Cyclone might be pretty rare running around the English countryside as Ford only is selling the Coyote and EB to the public. You should consider yourself lucky on that. I'm so glad to hear that the drone is minimal and your driving enjoyment is optimized with the Roush Axle Backs. :clap2:

Dat37tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 64A
Hello and welcome to the forums :cheers:, I would like to chime in on first mods and have Little feed back aswell. I put on the Roush Axle Backs on my V6. I really like the way they sound on start up and under heavy acceleration. They do have some drone like others have said in that 1600-2100 RPM range and the auto transmission like to keep it there around the 55-70 MPH range. I have learned how to reduce throttle input pressure to minimize the drone at those speeds. Other then that I like them very much. The cool thing is there are many options out there coming out for V6 axle backs now so, too each there own I say. :headbang:

Also what would you guys recommend for a CAI for the 2015 V6 JLT (Coming out) or Airraid ? Do they help with some of the throttle response down in the low RPM's or would it be more beneficial to get something like the BBK throttle body ?
Alas I can help, as I also have the Roush axlebacks (which I freakin love! :headbang:) and I have the Airaid CAI as well.
And to answer your question, yes it does help with the lower RPM's throttle response a bit. Nothing crazy, but you can tell a difference in the pedal response. For anything drastically different, your probably right on getting the BBK throttle body.
Just a heads up though, if you go with the Airaid, which I have been pleased with how its worked, don't expect to hear it make the engine any louder. The axlebacks pretty much drown it out or they somehow go hand-in-hand and they harmonize into pure awesomeness that is slightly gained ponys :D
If your gonna do a tune later on, I would recommend either option, and the throttle body thrown on is just extra power. I plan on doing both at some point :cool:

larry1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 guard
Ive had my 2015 mustang v6 guard for 6months!!! Ive done the airaid cai, solo high flow cats 200 cell, xpipe and muffler delete. Im getting double head takes all the time. Ill post a vid real soon. About to get a tune this wrek from torrie (unleashed tuning)

Sponsored

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Ive had my 2015 mustang v6 guard for 6months!!! Ive done the airaid cai, solo high flow cats 200 cell, xpipe and muffler delete. Im getting double head takes all the time. Ill post a vid real soon. About to get a tune this wrek from torrie (unleashed tuning)
Did you get an xpipe made at an exhaust shop or buy one online?

larry1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 guard
Xpipe was made at a shop (solo). I

larry1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 guard
Did you get an xpipe made at an exhaust shop or buy one online?
How is the bigger throttle body working for you? Is more responsive? Also hows the 93 performance tune? Is that from torrie (unleashed tuning)

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
How is the bigger throttle body working for you? Is more responsive? Also hows the 93 performance tune? Is that from torrie (unleashed tuning)
The larger throttle body works better than the throttle body spacer from American muscle but for the cost of it I would put it towards something else first. Basically you don't get much from it for the cost of it. And the tune works very well and yes its from Torrie from unleashed as he is the only one offering tunes for the v6 that I know of.

larry1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 guard
The larger throttle body works better than the throttle body spacer from American muscle but for the cost of it I would put it towards something else first. Basically you don't get much from it for the cost of it. And the tune works very well and yes its from Torrie from unleashed as he is the only one offering tunes for the v6 that I know of.
What did the tune basically do for the v6? Im just trying to grasp the whole idea of a tune.
Sponsored