Sponsored

Beefcake Special HO Procharger ordered!

Barrelrolll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP COMP ORANGE
After going through pretty much every single thread on this FI subforum, I decided to order the Procharger HO P1SC system through Team Beefcake last Friday. I went with the following options:

Supercharger Gearset : Standard Gearset [Louder] Included
Bypass Valve : Standard - Included
Add Low Temp Thermostat : No Thanks
Add Handheld and / or Remote Tuning : No Thanks
Fuel System : Vortech Max Flow BAP (Included)
Injector Size : Injector Dynamics ID 1050x's (Included)
Supercharger Finish : Satin (Standard)
Bracket Finish : Satin (Standard)
Head Unit : P-1SC - Included
Spark Plugs : Brisk 1 Heat Range Colder (+$75)
Intercooler : Stage II Intercooler Upgrade (+$295)

A little about my car - It is a 2015 manual with the PP, I am sitting at just above 23,000 miles right now and I typically drive about 20-30 highway miles a day to and from work. This will continue after the Procharger and I forsee myself probably being one of the higher mile FI S550s around in the next year or two. The only modifications I have made thus far the MBRP Race Cat-Back w/ H-Pipe, Steeda Clutch Spring, and a SCT X4 Tuner/CAI combo from AM.

I plan on fully testing out the Procharger tune before thinking about doing a remote tune from Lund. My ultimate goal is to land somewhere in the 550-600WHP area, and hopefully I can get close to there with just the Procharger tune.

I am going to be doing the install myself, which is a little nerve wracking since I have never done any modifications this extensive, but I have gone through the entire installation manual several times now and feel more at ease. Now all I can do is play the waiting game! I haven't received my tracking number yet, but it has only been three business days so I am not worried. Side question for people who have ordered a Procharger before, how long after ordering did you actually receive all parts in the mail?

It is hard to contain my excitement and I am already driving my friends crazy because it is all I can talk about! Anyway, I just wanted to share!
Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Congrats! You'll have no regrets going Procharger. But how do you plan to test out the Procharger stock tune when you didn't get the handheld? Or is that just the way the options screen from Beefcake shows?

P.S. should've waited and got the P1X;)

RHDZach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Performance Package
If you bought the beef cake special and not the "complete" procharger kit from i don't believe you will have the procharger tune... I believe you will get specific injectors for their tune and a handheld with the complete kit to run the procharger tune?

But congrats, i just ordered a stage 2 kit with the D1sc. We're both going to love it!

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Looking forward to both of your installs as the OP's thread could be just like mine 1 day soon (incl the self-install).

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
thanks for the order,

to get the procharger tune, it would have to be a procharger ngauge and their injectors, and their tune

you have an x4 with the 1050x, so you will need a tune whether it be from lund or one of the other tuners, of course i recommend our lund tune :)

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
I will be joining you very soon! Keep us posted.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Congrats!! You should be excited...its a game changer!
A couple of recommendations from someone that has the same setup...PP car HO kit with Stage 2 IC.
Go with the cooler thermostat, you have to change out the thermostat housing anyway and it will bring you coolant temps down. Adding the intercooler restricts some of the air flow you have now.
Secondly....having a X4 before switching to Lund. Pay the extra and get the Ngauge instead of the X4...especially since you are going with Lund anyway. MUCH, MUCH easier to datalog with and you can use it as a gauge all the time.

Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Congrats!! You should be excited...its a game changer!
A couple of recommendations from someone that has the same setup...PP car HO kit with Stage 2 IC.
Go with the cooler thermostat, you have to change out the thermostat housing anyway and it will bring you coolant temps down. Adding the intercooler restricts some of the air flow you have now.
Secondly....having a X4 before switching to Lund. Pay the extra and get the Ngauge instead of the X4...especially since you are going with Lund anyway. MUCH, MUCH easier to datalog with and you can use it as a gauge all the time.
Good advice right here. :amen:

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Congrats! Few get to drive a 5.0, and even fewer get to drive a blown 5.0! Good choice on the straight cut gears.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
i wana hear your impressions on driving the centri manual car after everything is said and done. your daily drive is very similar to mine.

i agree with the others, love the nguage and lund has been great to work with.

OP
OP
Barrelrolll

Barrelrolll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP COMP ORANGE
i wana hear your impressions on driving the centri manual car after everything is said and done. your daily drive is very similar to mine.

i agree with the others, love the nguage and lund has been great to work with.
Will do! I appreciate everyone's advice, I never was a big fan of the SCT X4, especially after using the cobb accessport previously. The SCT just feels kind of cheap and clunky to use.

Zrmurcer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Awesome! Glad you went with the procharger! You will be a happy camper and should be meeting your power goals with ease! I ordered mine from beefcake and if I recall correctly it took around two weeks.. I installed mine in my garage along with the opg and cs gears.. my car has 42k miles and it loves that boost! Enjoy man!

BTW I ditched my sct tuner and went with the n gauge..... much easier to use...
Sponsored