Sponsored

Base GT (non-premium, no PP) shout out

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Let me tell you what though... The base GT with 3.55s and automatic is frickin amazing. You drop that thing into S on the shifter instead of D and the thing pulls like a freight train when you floor it. Itll snap your neck backwards. I have never driven an auto that feels like that. At first I only drove it in D mode cause I didnt know better and was wary about the s mode. And when I say S mode I dont even mean shifting yourself using the paddles. I mean in S but letting it shift. 3.55 automatic is a hell of a way to go if you cant go manual PP.
But you lose the driver-car connection! ;)

That is one thing I learned with my 14, when I passed on the recaro seats the first time it would be the last.
Sponsored

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Black Base GT 6R80 with the security package (remote start) and badass spare tire here. This is my 2nd base model. I owned two Premium GT's before my last one. I had a base 11 GT that I traded in for this one. I have to say that the interior on this base in comparison to my last one is far superior. I hated the steering wheel in the 11 base and the seats were eh. The price tag for the HP is unbeatable. The only thing I wish I had were the toggle switches because I really dig those. Other than that zero complaints.

As far as mods go, I have had the car about two weeks now and I have Roush axelbacks, MRT Hood Struts, Diode Dynamics LED Switchbacks and reverse light, 50 years floor mats, tinted the tail lights, reverse light and rear side markers. I will be getting the the Lethal H resonator delete, Eibach sportlines, JLT w/ a tune, once SCT can figure out their software issues and different wheels.

My biggest complaint is the tiny tires Ford puts on their 18 inch wheels. Is it really too much to ask for some 255's all the way around? I won't ramble on anymore, I love Mustangs and I love my car. Other than my Terminator, this is my favorite stang yet.

SlimReaper

SlimReaper
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
'15 GT Black Base. Feel the same way everyone else does. Need some Recaro's later down the line. Other than that, glorious ride. :ford:

Hyland33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
I'll be ordering a base GT/ auto, spoiler delete, recaros, and 3.55 rear in a week or so.

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
.....and adding the PP for $2500 is a steal.

Sponsored

tunnelrat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
slow scion
Does the base GT have the different drive modes, just not with a toggle, or does it not have them at all?

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150
There are times I'd sure love an automatic in my PP. Other times the stick shift is fun as heck. At the end of the day I think the automatic is the way to go, especially if Ford comes out with an 8 speed. I'd consider trading mine in if they ever offer it in a PP.
They won't offer an 8 speed, it'll be the 10 speed auto in 2017.

Nunez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
15' Mustang GT
I was thinking of just going with a GT Premium with PP & Nav that's it. My plans with this car is to throw out the back seats throw a cage in there & some Recaros. I really like the look with the switches in the GT Premium but if I'm planning to gut the inside of this car is it even worth it?? Guys/Gals with the 300A can I get your insight or should I just go with a 300A with PP no Nav & just use my iPhone. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melekith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Base GT here also checking in. Mods (so far) are in my sig.

What I would love to have:
-memory driver seat (because you know...every porter has to F this up)
-better gauge cluster illumination (I feel it's quite dim even on the brightest setting)
-the ability to dim the 4.3" separately (as it's brighter than everything else in the car)

What needs to go:
-the calculator, and actually...I really only use the on/off button on the dash...everything else is done through the steering wheel controls.

I'm totally pleased. Everyone is raving about the 3.55 I would love to try one out and get a feel for the difference.

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
I was thinking of just going with a GT Premium with PP & Nav that's it. My plans with this car is to throw out the back seats throw a cage in there & some Recaros. I really like the look with the switches in the GT Premium but if I'm planning to gut the inside of this car is it even worth it?? Guys/Gals with the 300A can I get your insight or should I just go with a 300A with PP no Nav & just use my iPhone. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that's what i did. my last 3 cars in the past had nav, and i figured out in my last car that the in-car nav is far inferior from the Waze app on iphone. i noticed that i used Waze over it every time so when i ordered my mustang i felt no need to order it with nav. then i figured none of the stuff in the premium pack makes the car go any faster, and the base model comes with every needed creature comfort, such as backup camera, HIDs, bluetooth, etc etc.

OP
OP

Navyxrays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Well, I knew it was going to happen but I wasn't sure how long it was going to take. Just ordered a set of American Racing Headers long tubes with bottle neck eliminator (shout out to Lethal Performance). Saving $ for CAI then off to Dyno Tuned Performance for a dyno tune. Oh hells yeah!!

Degen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
Im interested in the quarter mile for a base auto GT, it's the lightest plus autos seem to be doing sub 13 stock.
Sponsored

Last edited: