• Buying 2016 or beyond

Votes: 43 26.7%

• Total voters

S550guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
My only real concern is that they will release a Mach 1 variant in the near future. I don't think I can hold out very long on just a rumor though. It is still just a rumor, right?
Yes, just a rumor.
Sponsored

whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
Yes, just a rumor.
Yeah... Figured that it was just a rumor, but a Mach 1 would be awesome.
I probably can't wait, so I'm thinking about a 2015 GT in either black, guard or maybe even white! Honestly though, the new Mustang looks awesome in all of the colors I've seen so far! It's going to be a tough choice!

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
Saw it in person, learned more about the car... even more eager now.
Probably getting a permium Guard GT PP with recaros. Might go DIB or Magnetic if my wife prefers.

S550guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Definitely get the Recaros!! For the most part, they fit the same as the Boss/Shelby/option 2014MY Recaro seat, just slightly improved to accent the new interior.

Similarly, I'm hoping to get a base GT, with PP & Recaro seats. Nothing else, because nothing else is needed!

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
My wife was pretty excited about heated/cooled seats, but she said she's ok with recaro's if i really want them. I'm still going to let her make the final call on color or seats. She is very cool about my toys, so I like to get her input and keep her at least a little interested. When i bought the wrx she dd's she was a little annoyed with it being a 5speed at first. Now she loves it and is learning to appreciate "performance" when all she cared about before was going from A to B. Shes going to love the new mustang.

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Yeah... Figured that it was just a rumor, but a Mach 1 would be awesome.
I probably can't wait, so I'm thinking about a 2015 GT in either black, guard or maybe even white! Honestly though, the new Mustang looks awesome in all of the colors I've seen so far! It's going to be a tough choice!
I don't think anyone here knows (or is saying) exactly what the first HiPo version will be called, but there have been spy photos showing a Mustang with Carbon Ceramic brakes, and with four exhaust tips. Also, there have been hints of something exciting for the 50th anniversary.

My hope is that they make an announcement of the HiPo version at the 50th anniversary event (whatever that may be), but the regular car won't even be available then so I'm thinking they might not want to add another model until the regular one has been selling (similar to how GM waited a year to reveal the Z06). Also, when asked about future special versions, the Ford folks reply with a statement similar to "We are not talking about future versions yet, but rather just appreciating the new release of the standard car at this time. But we've always done multiple versions in the past, and people should expect us to follow our heritage."

So clearly there will be one, the question is when. I'm guessing that it will be AT MOST one year out from the standard car's release, hopefully sooner.

-T

RedRex06

Threads
Reaction score
I'll be doing all I can to make it happen in 2016. I'll own my Subaru outright next February, and since I'm recovering from multiple foot surgeries over the course of this entire year, I'm not ABLE to rush into anything.

I'm hoping for an announcement of some special version utilizing an Ecoboost setup, but as it sits now I'd take a Guard Ecoboost pretty base, unless I don't like the base stereo; I usually prefer the knobs and buttons to touch screens, but I know the new Escape center stack looks like total crap without MyFord Touch. Gotta wait to determine what comes in the PP before I make that call as well, as far as value goes.

The guard color, man... beautiful. Reminds me of the new Dark Side on the Fusions and all, too. First thing I'm doing when they hit showrooms, crutches and all, is shoving my son's child seat into it!

Black GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT BBP 6R80
The money is burning a hole in my pocket. The waiting is killing me.

Typhoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' Typhoon, 16' WRX
The money is burning a hole in my pocket. The waiting is killing me.
I hear that, I have been saving all my penny's. So we'll see what Ford brings to the table.

Sponsored

Z0HH6

Threads
Reaction score
Thinking of getting rid of my 2004 Z06 for it, drove a '14 and really liked it but I wanted to wait for the '15.

I'm sick of the cheap interior and harsh ride of my Z06 granted I don't really drive it, only to the track really.

The '15 really has me thinking I hope they got the suspension right because I do a lot of trackdays with my Z and would like to do the same with the Mustang. I'll probably wait for a model similar to the Boss 302.

FATTBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302
My wife and I have agreed to a '15 for her in blue. I make decision on which model. I am opting for the 2.3L Ecoboost with 6 spd and track pack.

My next car will be one of several options:

'70 small block Mach 1 w/4spd
'11 up V6 w/track pack
'16 or whenever Mach 1 if produced
'13 Boss 302 in Grabber Blue to go with my '12 Boss 302 in Kona blue

I know I'm all over the map, but I have ideas for each. I like the idea of having both year Boss cars. I also would love to do a restomod Mach in the classic Trans Am theme. Or a nice daily driver V6 that I could track if I wanted to, just to be different.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium / Iconic Silver 10 Speed Auto
I'm On The List

I am on the pre order list at my local dealer, Bill Marsh Ford in Newtown, Pa. I want a GT Premium, 6 Speed,in Oxford White, with black interior or two tone leather if available.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Just got to see the car in person at the Washington DC Autoshow, I switched from 'maybe' to 'definitely'. The only questions now are cloth or leather, base with all performance options or premium with navi/luxury options and skip one or two performance options. Will make those decisions once I get to drive the car.
Sponsored