• Weighing my options

Votes: 20 12.4%
  • Buying 2016 or beyond

Votes: 43 26.7%

• Total voters

S3XPanther

Threads
Reaction score
Yes, I will order the hi po once that's announced. Undecided on whether or not to keep my 1LE.

johnnyblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
I'm a big YES but I may have to wait if dealers start price gouging which could be very likely.

qwkcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-mustang
We all are buying one.

By virtue of the title of this website
"6th Generation Forum Mustang Owner's Club".

That decision was made the moment we registered.

:ford:

Sponsored

Nate408

Threads
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience pre-ordering a car like this? If I wanted to order a 2015 in March / April and get it in the Fall, how much of a down payment do they usually require at the time of ordering?

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Anyone have any experience pre-ordering a car like this? If I wanted to order a 2015 in March / April and get it in the Fall, how much of a down payment do they usually require at the time of ordering?

I special ordered my car and didn't have to put anything down but decided to put $1,000 at time of order and another $1,500 at time of delivery as that was the deal we worked out in the paperwork. It all depends on your dealership. You have a few months to wait.

Nate408

Threads
Reaction score
Anyone know of good Silicon Valley / Bay Area Ford dealerships? I was looking at a new GT500 from this one dealership mostly for fun, but I was shocked the price was ~87k. Is that typical? I thought the price should be mid 60s.

trolls56

Threads
Reaction score
I special ordered my Raptor right after order banks opened up for them. Found a dealership that gave me the price i wanted they wrote up order asked me for a $500 deposit. I then wait over 6 months for it as I wanted the 6.2. When it finally showed up went to dealership wrote them a check 10 minutes later drove off with my new Raptor.

Sponsored

Nate408

Threads
Reaction score
Awesome. Trolls, when you say you wrote the check, did you buy it outright? I would be financing a s550. Would you work out the details of the loan upon receiving the vehicle?

trolls56

Threads
Reaction score
Awesome. Trolls, when you say you wrote the check, did you buy it outright? I would be financing a s550. Would you work out the details of the loan upon receiving the vehicle?
Yeah well I am single was making about 12k a month with about $400 of bills at the time. So by the time it finally showed up and the fact I got it for under invoice I just wrote them a check for it. You should be able to get all the financing done by the time it shows up. That was my original plan but I didn't need it since I waited for it so long.

OP
OP

Tressel

If they open order banks at the NY show in April I am a definitely. Once winter is over I'll be shopping for my next car aggressively and not sure I can hold out until summer. Fingers crossed.

Typhoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' Typhoon, 16' WRX
Yes I'll order one except on the off chance the new Subaru STI blows me away. 4 doors and awd would be nice.
New STi is not the way to go. I would go with the all new WRX. the WRX is going to destroy the new STi, mark my words!!

Typhoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' Typhoon, 16' WRX
I am planning on it. As long at is comes in somewhere under 45K and had between 450-475ph. Anything less then that and there are other car options out there I'll be looking at.
Sponsored