93 OCTANE TUNE ADDS 50WHP!

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
The more I think about it, the more I question if spending several hundred dollars for 2 or 3 tenths is even worth it to me. One of the reasons that I was hoping Livernois would have an E85 tune is because I already have their device and the tune would be free.

I have no interest in bolt-ons other than the H pipe that I already have which is just for sound. It can be very misleading to compare drag times when we have different tracks, different DA, different drivers, etc. I am not sure how much quicker my car would run with a dedicated E85 tune. I know that in good air, I ran consistent high 11s. I do not launch the car brutally hard since my tracks are 110 miles from home and I don't want to break something. My best 60 so far is 1.87 so I know there is more potential even with the stock tune if I wanted to launch it like I stole it.

My past experience has been with ecoboost vehicles where a tune alone would drop ETs by a full second. Naturally aspirated engines, especially those that are already pretty highly tuned from the factory, do not provide that much of an increase in performance.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Hey guys wanted to reach out to you about this conversation. We have a big variety of cars we work on from Chrysler GM and Ford. And it is everything from jeep's to focus rs's hellcats and gt350's and every vette and camaro. So sometimes it is hard to get every new platform done all at once as we go through car after car. Now we are making more progress with the new 18 mustang as we have done a 3.0L whipple on ours and we are continuing to research the new 10 spd. Here is a link to a few basic packages that can get you 700hp to the ground. Thanks again everyone and if you need anything call me at 313-561-5500 ext126. My name is Jake

https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP0117923
https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP0117925
https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP0117924

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Jack of all trades. Master of none.

MurphGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Murph
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Bumping this thread. Would love to hear more feedback on 93 tunes and any HP/TQ gains.

This thread seems to be mostly people bashing the vendor?

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I'll say that the performance was much more noticeable on my 2016 GT than it is on my 2020 Bullitt (both Livernois) ... just not so sure there's much to be had on the newer Gen3 Coyotes.

If there was we'd be hearing about it like this thread started as.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
On these GEN 3 cars, a pump gas tune won't really get you any noticeable increase in performance, aside from a bit more aggressive torque in the midrange. E85/tune however, does make a noticeable and considerable difference.

MurphGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Murph
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I'll say that the performance was much more noticeable on my 2016 GT than it is on my 2020 Bullitt (both Livernois) ... just not so sure there's much to be had on the newer Gen3 Coyotes.

If there was we'd be hearing about it like this thread started as.
Doesn't the bullitt come with the FRPP tune though?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Doesn't the bullitt come with the FRPP tune though?
Kinda. It's a special OE tune that takes advantage of the bigger intake and throttle body on the Bullitt and Mach to make more peak power. But it has similar core elements to the base GT tune so that it can deal with 87 octane.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
But it has similar core elements to the base GT tune so that it can deal with 87 octane.
That would be Fords 'adaptive octane logic'
Sponsored