Sponsored

8" Touchscreen Upgrade from Base radio Install guide.

Edwin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang - Triple Yellow
I had never installed a radio prior to this one. Honestly it's a lot more straight forward than you'd think. If you follow the guide posted in the other install thread you won't have a problem. If you take it to an installer it's hard to say what they'd charge since this isn't your conventional head unit swap. As far as your warranty goes there isn't a lot of risk here as long as you hold on to your factory parts you remove. You aren't splicing anything, you're literally taking connections out of the factory unit and plugging them into this new one. Everything is plug and play aside from having to trim that plastic cover for the back of the unit. But no one is ever going to see that anyway.
Sponsored

JStang091

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP
I've skimmed through all 41 pages of this thread and one thing hasn't been discussed that I am curious about. I've NEVER done an install and especially of one this involved by the looks of it. Do you recommend this for someone who has never installed a car radio before? If I showed a audio installation place this thread and gave them the part how many hours of labor do you feel like they would charge to do it? I'm still in my factory warranty of my 2015 so concerned about breaking something that Ford would refuse to cover.
Naw just take your time, you'll be fine. just follow the guide and becareful when removing trim pieces to not beak the clips. Mine took like an hour and a half, most of the time was trying to figure out how to get the bezel out and one of the pain in the ass clips for one of the connectors. It's very straight forward though

Digope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Anyone had problems with their touchscreen turning off? Mine just started having this problem with it shutting down itself. It will make a beep and completety turn off and sometimes it will reboot and work fine. Other times it will shutdown and try to reboot but will freeze or just remain off. The only solution I have found is to turn off the car and open my door. Anyone have suggestions or is it a faulty unit?

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Anyone had problems with their touchscreen turning off? Mine just started having this problem with it shutting down itself. It will make a beep and completety turn off and sometimes it will reboot and work fine. Other times it will shutdown and try to reboot but will freeze or just remain off. The only solution I have found is to turn off the car and open my door. Anyone have suggestions or is it a faulty unit?

Sounds like the unit is powering on and off. As much as it sucks, if it continues to do it, I would go in and re-seat all the connectors. If it continues after that it's probably defective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smarz1018

ScubaSteve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Eco-boost
Any updates with anyone cracking the software? Love my tomtop but hate not having the appropriate temperature scale and the clock being an hour fast.:rant:

Sponsored

Edwin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edwin
Vehicle(s)
Does anybody else's go to a blank screen every time you go from park to drive? Almost every time I move the shifter across reverse the screen goes blank. All I have to do is tap anywhere on the screen and it's back to normal. I'm assuming it has something to do with the back up camera. Although that seems to work fine.

xenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Racing Red Mustang
Does anybody else's go to a blank screen every time you go from park to drive? Almost every time I move the shifter across reverse the screen goes blank. All I have to do is tap anywhere on the screen and it's back to normal. I'm assuming it has something to do with the back up camera. Although that seems to work fine.

Did you disable front view camera in settings ? The same thing happened to me all i have to do is disable front view camera , after you do this power cycle the unit because i have found that some of the changes you do will take effect only after power cycle :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Edwin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edwin
Vehicle(s)
Did you disable front view camera in settings ? The same thing happened to me all i have to do is disable front view camera , after you do this power cycle the unit because i have found that some of the changes you do will take effect only after power cycle :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you! I completely forgot about it having hookups for a front view camera. Did what you said and it's fixed. Appreciate the help. :thumbsup:

futbol90x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang 2005 & 2015 mustang gt pp
Does tomtop unit shut off eventually ? When i open the door to grab something and close it will say on unless i open/close for a second time.

Sponsored

bosox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Where do all these wires go? The ones with caps on it, the colored ones, do I take the plastic covering off and insert it somewhere?

Infamous

President of Honda
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
Where do all these wires go? The ones with caps on it, the colored ones, do I take the plastic covering off and insert it somewhere?

Colored wores do not go anywhere. Just leave them.

xenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Racing Red Mustang

The colored ones will not be used , the ones with the caps (RCA) are used if you want to install a front view camera and also as an Audio/Video input if you want to conect an external source or a wifi mirror device for example .

bosox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thank you! Also, I've seen some videos of people installing the GPS antenna inside the dash.. I don't really want to wire it around and put it near my mirror.. Can I slide it behind my dash inside somewhere?
Sponsored