Sponsored

8" Touchscreen Upgrade from Base radio Install guide.

xenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Racing Red Mustang
Thank you! Also, I've seen some videos of people installing the GPS antenna inside the dash.. I don't really want to wire it around and put it near my mirror.. Can I slide it behind my dash inside somewhere?
Near the mirror will be the best location and to ensure a good satellite reception, as you mention you can install it behind the dash under the trim but it will reduce satellite reception . You will barelly notice the antenna if you install it behind the mirror I think this is the best place
Sponsored

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Near the mirror will be the best location and to ensure a good satellite reception, as you mention you can install it behind the dash under the trim but it will reduce satellite reception . You will barelly notice the antenna if you install it behind the mirror I think this is the best place
This. It's pretty much out of sight, out of mind mounted next to the mirror. I have mounted slightly right of the mirror mount, in the dot matrix field so it isn't visible from the outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bosox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm not concerned about the actual unit.. I don't really want wiring going up from the side sticking out from the dash. I might try to install it inside, and test it out to see what reception I get.

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I'm not concerned about the actual unit.. I don't really want wiring going up from the side sticking out from the dash. I might try to install it inside, and test it out to see what reception I get.

Really no wiring visible. It easily tucks underneath the A-pillar and headliner. The only place I would consider visible is where it transitions from behind the passenger dash trim to the A-pillar trim.

BULL1TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT, 2001 Bullitt
I mounted my antenna inside of the child seat anchor that is in the rear deck.I used the tape to stick it to the bracket that is underneath of the plastic cover. There was nothing visible and the reception was great.

Sponsored

bosox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks guys for the replies. Maybe it isn't as bad as I thought. I feel a lot better now. Cheers.

Steeeliskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Manual
Thank you! Also, I've seen some videos of people installing the GPS antenna inside the dash.. I don't really want to wire it around and put it near my mirror.. Can I slide it behind my dash inside somewhere?
I just ran it through the side of the radio directly into the glove box behind the trim. Works flawlessly and is out of the way. No need to run it elsewhere.

bosox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I just ran it through the side of the radio directly into the glove box behind the trim. Works flawlessly and is out of the way. No need to run it elsewhere.
Did you put it inside your glovebox or behind the trim where it snaps off?

Steeeliskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Manual
Did you put it inside your glovebox or behind the trim where it snaps off?
I put it inside the glove box. There is a hole that connects behind the screen that goes directly into the glove box. I was able to just put my hand through the hole inside of the glove box and then used my other hand to feed it through and was able to grab it and put all the slack into the glove box. I also routed the other USB that it comes with that way.

bosox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I just finished plugging everything in, my screen doesn't come on. All the other buttons work, but not my screen!

Sponsored

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I just finished plugging everything in, my screen doesn't come on. All the other buttons work, but not my screen!
Couple of people have had this problem. Check the white connector on back of the screen. It can be tough to seat completely. Mine was.

bosox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Couple of people have had this problem. Check the white connector on back of the screen. It can be tough to seat completely. Mine was.

I was missing a plug..All works perfectly now :)

bosox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
FYI, I put GPS Antenna on metal bar directly behind the gauges (if you have performance package). Perfect signals, no problems.

64js5j.jpg

Last edited:

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base
I just wish they'd come up with a bezel like this that will accept an aftermarket head unit. I was born with four ears and need my surround sound.

..::Ryan::..

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic
Appears to be out of stock at tomtop.com. Any other reliable sellers that would be good to buy from?
Sponsored