Sponsored

8" Touchscreen Upgrade from Base radio Install guide.

ssyellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Competition Orange GT - PP/Recaros
I wish the time/temp and other issues were taken care of. I've been holding off on a head unit but getting tired of the stock one.

Ryan - See if you can find anything on eBay.
Sponsored

Infamous

President of Honda
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
Appears to be out of stock at tomtop.com. Any other reliable sellers that would be good to buy from?
I'd honestly just wait till they're back in stock. They are the most reliable.

Steeeliskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Manual
I wish the time/temp and other issues were taken care of. I've been holding off on a head unit but getting tired of the stock one.

I think the only problem with the newest build is the temp. My time works fine. I have temp turned off.

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang

TomTop sells on eBay under names like tomtopsales, tomtopdealer, tomtop_au, etc. Email and confirm if it's really in stock, if it's the current build, and that it's in English w/ US maps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

..::Ryan::..

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic
TomTop sells on eBay under names like tomtopsales, tomtopdealer, tomtop_au, etc. Email and confirm if it's really in stock, if it's the current build, and that it's in English w/ US maps.

Cool, thanks for the tips :thumbsup:

Sponsored

bosox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Is there a way to turn off that annoying beep sound every time you open or close your door lol?

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Is there a way to turn off that annoying beep sound every time you open or close your door lol?
If there is, I missed it somewhere in these threads. It was really annoying at first, but I've gotten used to it.

Digope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
My touchscreen started turning off itself and beeping at me. I have to turn off my car and hope it reboots. The reverse cam for some reason still works. I tried contacting the customer support and they try to tell me to go to a professional. If it worked for a month its probably not my install job and more likely a faulty screen.

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Just got mine and am preparing to install but have a few questions about the cutting. I have never used a dremel before. Can I just buy one and use what it has with it or do I need to get something extra? Is the back piece the only thing that gets shaved? I thought I read that you have to trim some buttons too? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Mike

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
The install is quite straightforward. You'll likely have cutoff discs with your Dremel tool when you buy it (and this is one tool I buy name-brand) but you'll likely want to pick up a pack of #426 Dremel reinforced cut-off wheels. These are much sturdier than the flimsy ones that usually come in the kit; those ones break all the damn time, and the #426s not only last longer but do a much better job.

Sponsored

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
My dremel was DOA, so I snipped the verticle cuts with a pair of sharp wire dykes. I then scored a horizontal line between the cuts, and flexed the section back and forth until it broke free. Sanded the cutout area to clean it up. Turned out very nice.

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
My dremel was DOA, so I snipped the verticle cuts with a pair of sharp wire dykes. I then scored a horizontal line between the cuts, and flexed the section back and forth until it broke free. Sanded the cutout area to clean it up. Turned out very nice.

So you think this could be done with a pair of snips? I have a really sharp set.

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
So you think this could be done with a pair of snips? I have a really sharp set.
I wish I had taken pictures of mine. It turned out pretty clean, even when cut with dykes and a razor knife to score the bend line. I did it pretty easily, and I'm by no means an expert. However, the dremel probably is easier. I was just too impatient to drop what I was doing and go purchase another dremel.

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so I'm trying to pull the bezel out. I got the 4 tabs out but it's stuck at the bottom. Do I need to unplug everything before it fully comes out? Also what am I stuck on, on the bottom

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Ok so I'm trying to pull the bezel out. I got the 4 tabs out but it's stuck at the bottom. Do I need to unplug everything before it fully comes out? Also what am I stuck on, on the bottom

I unplugged everything. I don't know of any trick to getting the bottom out. It was a pain. I fiddled with one corner until it was free, then pried the other out. You can be a bit aggressive with it, but don't just snatch it free.

Sponsored