S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Got the tensioners and guides

Any updates? Dropped mine off to mechanic yesterday to get tensioners and guides replaced putting in the ford performance boss 302 upgraded tensioners and guides, he finished and said he ran the car for a few seconds and didn’t hear anything other than loud exhaust so idk I’ll find out tomorrow when I pick it up. If the noise is still there I’ll replace the phasers when I do cams later in the spring but I do feel better with the upgrades tensioners in there.
After a couple of days of sitting they finally heard the sound I mentioned but think it may be a belt. Should know more on Monday. They were also saying they haven't seen this ptoblem on any other stangs and wanted to check with Ford engineering as well. I will report back.
Sponsored

OP
OP
21M5033

21M5033

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach One
Same exact story I got. They thought it was the belt even after I said it wasn’t. They ended up changing the belt only to find out it did not correct the noise.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Same exact story I got. They thought it was the belt even after I said it wasn’t. They ended up changing the belt only to find out it did not correct the noise.
This thing was chirping like a bunch of crickets but wouldn't for them until 2 days later.
Doesn't sound like there are any issues with this engine so I get it why they are hesitant to just start changing out parts. One thing in my favor I have a good rapport with them and they are planning to have the master tech who is awesome to take a look on Monday. Fingers crossed!

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
2020 GT here. Have had it since new, never had this weird chirp noise ever... I have the typewriter tic but that happens only when its fully warm and hot out.

Sponsored

Rebirth_18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So I changed out the tensioners and guides and the chirp noise while it’s been drastically reduced is still there. So I’m gonna say this issue is 100% due to the phasers it’s just weird it’s only on one side. I may let the dealer check it out and see if they will put new phasers in there but I’m sure they will tell me since I’m tuned blah blah it out of warranty. I plan on getting comp stg 2 cams installed I’ll just swap them out then if the dealer don’t fix the issue. The car has no performance issues or codes and the sounds goes away after 30seconds of driving. Weird issue

OP
OP
21M5033

21M5033

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Good point. I believe most of the people with this issue which is only present on cold start is on the passenger side. That was my situation

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
update:

Got the call today and Ford will be ordering parts. Cam phaser and tensioner. I spoke with the master tech and he said it got better after replacing the belts but could hear something using the stethoscope so the parts were ordered. Said he would do a thorough checking once he gets inside. Should have it back next week!

Sponsored
OP
OP
21M5033

21M5033

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
update:

Got the call today and Ford will be ordering parts. Cam phaser and tensioner. I spoke with the master tech and he said it got better after replacing the belts but could hear something using the stethoscope so the parts were ordered. Said he would do a thorough checking once he gets inside. Should have it back next week!
Good luck and keep us posted!

Rebirth_18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So I talked to someone who had this issue on their F150 and they replaced the phasers and tensioners and chirp is still there. Anyone know the part number for the phasers? Only can find the complete timing kit online.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Update:
Received a call today that my car was fixed. Upon picking it up after letting it idle I did not hear the chirp. I feel very confident the car is as good as new considering the time spent and the tech who specializes in Coyote engines.
This guy is very meticulous and from what I gather knows this engine inside out. As Frank mentioned regarding his fix the car was left in the same manner as I left it. For the record, I was in no hurry to get this car back because I wanted them to figure out what was going on. This is what was performed:
He was able to isolate the noise with a stethoscope on bank 1 (passenger side) where he removed the timing cover assembly and removed and replaced both bank 1 exhaust and intake cam phasers. During chain removal, the primary tensioner on bank 1 came apart, and replaced the tensioner as well. Reset timing, resealed timing cover with new gaskets and HW, installed new valve cover gaskets, installed new intake gaskets and high-pressure fuel line and O-ring, Changed O&F, Reset kam and performed misfire profile relearn, test drove and attempted multiple cold restarts.
(BCM campaign recall)

Hell, I got to go through a break-in period...lol. I am confident this car is fixed and if not I can't say he didn't try. I will report back in a few weeks!

JL3Z-6L266-C
JR3Z-6C525-A
FR3Z-6256-C

OP
OP
21M5033

21M5033

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Update:
Received a call today that my car was fixed. Upon picking it up after letting it idle I did not hear the chirp. I feel very confident the car is as good as new considering the time spent and the tech who specializes in Coyote engines.
This guy is very meticulous and from what I gather knows this engine inside out. As Frank mentioned regarding his fix the car was left in the same manner as I left it. For the record, I was in no hurry to get this car back because I wanted them to figure out what was going on. This is what was performed:
He was able to isolate the noise with a stethoscope on bank 1 (passenger side) where he removed the timing cover assembly and removed and replaced both bank 1 exhaust and intake cam phasers. During chain removal, the primary tensioner on bank 1 came apart, and replaced the tensioner as well. Reset timing, resealed timing cover with new gaskets and HW, installed new valve cover gaskets, installed new intake gaskets and high-pressure fuel line and O-ring, Changed O&F, Reset kam and performed misfire profile relearn, test drove and attempted multiple cold restarts.
(BCM campaign recall)

Hell, I got to go through a break-in period...lol. I am confident this car is fixed and if not I can't say he didn't try. I will report back in a few weeks!

JL3Z-6L266-C
JR3Z-6C525-A
FR3Z-6256-C

That’s awesome news it worked out. I have not been able to really drive mine since the repair so I’m curious if the noise “stays” away permanently.

joepro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
Just FYI, the dealer called me today and told me they fixed the chirp, they replaced both phaser solenoids on the passenger bank and the phaser replacement was not necessary. The car is in PA and I am in Ca, it being shipped to me in a few weeks, so it will be awhile before be I can confirm it is fixed. The dealer is part of the old dealer group I work for, so I trust them!
Sponsored