Sponsored

350R VS Z/28

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
It proves that alllllll the magazine testers are out to get the Mustang. Literally all of them are paid by GM.
While I am not sure what the cause is. However working within the auto industry the bias Motor Trend has for GM at times is noticed by my friends who work for FCA, and Ford, and rarely commented on by my friends a GM. It hard to say for sure, but I personally know more people at FCA and GM than I do at Ford.

I will say GM seems to have an interesting corporate culture in comparison to the other two companies from my experience, as a good friend of mine just made the move there.
Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Im still at a loss of the IRS of the Corvette is so different than the Z/28 that it helps the car "perform" better on the dyno.

You can go back to the days of the LS being dyno'd in the Camaro and then in the Corvette and despite the ratings, they all dyno'd the same.
IRS systems invite parasitic loss... the better the system and setup, the less you lose...

This is suspension 101... the first thing they discuss in the first hour of the first day... efficiency...

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
It proves that alllllll the magazine testers are out to get the Mustang. Literally all of them are paid by GM.
They aren't out to get the Mustang, they just been paid by Chevy...

It could be the M4 vs. the ATS-V, M5 vs. CTS, Camaro vs. anything... Car of the Year, Drivers Car ect ect...

This happened last Gen...

One tester said "The 5th Gen Camaro was the only car I ever went off of Willow in". We didn't find that out until the 6th Gen was released...

Why oh why wouldn't they include that information? Well... in 2009, Chevy had purchased a good deal of advertising space from the media...

Anyway... you can't deny the z28 in the GT350 H2H isn't running hot. Come on man... Motor Trend can't miss stuff like that and then BLAME the GT350 for the power loss...

Motor Trend and ALL of its sister publications HAVE BEEN PAID FOR IN FULL...

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Put it to you this way...

How many publications are keeping us up to date on the Ignition Switch Lawsuit?

How many are covering the Mustang's sales dominance now?

Isn't that automotive news???

bballr4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Pontiac GTO
IRS systems invite parasitic loss... the better the system and setup, the less you lose...

This is suspension 101... the first thing they discuss in the first hour of the first day... efficiency...
But....HOW is it more efficient than the IRS used in the Camaro? You keep bringing this up without any facts to back up your statements.

One tester said "The 5th Gen Camaro was the only car I ever went off of Willow in". We didn't find that out until the 6th Gen was released...
HAHHAHAH!!!! You mean to tell me that the first time someone stepped into a car and drove it way too hard that it means its a bad car?!?!?!

And no, that info was released almost two years back in a little excerpt in a review about the z/28. March 2014 to be exact.

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
But....HOW is it more efficient than the IRS used in the Camaro? You keep bringing this up without any facts to back up your statements.

HAHHAHAH!!!! You mean to tell me that the first time someone stepped into a car and drove it way too hard that it means its a bad car?!?!?!

And no, that info was released almost two years back in a little excerpt in a review about the z/28. March 2014 to be exact.
The C7's IRS isn't as complex, the travel or play in the system, some hard points are better than others... there are many variables that invite parasitic losses. Keep in mind, it's just one of a few that work together to leave the SS behind. The transaxle is the component that helps the most. A good example of a poor IRS is those designed with an upper cradle and spring cup (5th Gen, Terminator). Not only do they lose 15-18% to the wheels, they are about 50-100lbs heavier.

As far as the driver going off the track... If a driver can't keep a car on the road, they need to put that data out there. Instead, they continued to praise the 5th Gen in some areas. Then the FE4 became standard, then the 1LE...

They should have said something then... because the truth may have actually hurt sales...

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Pill I can't keep up with your ever changing "facts." I think you are the only one on this forum that cannot admit that the new Camaro is a better performer out of the box.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
One thing I forgot to add...

GT350TP - $57K
GT350R - $64K
Z/28 - $75K (now heavily reduced)

For the $18K in disparity between MSRP for the TP vs Z, you could fine tune it a little and still come out way ahead.
Mostly if you threw on a set of Trofeo tires, the Fords would speed up measurably on the road course. No one seems to begrudge the Z28 its cheater tires, so let's level the playing field and see what happens.

Memphis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS
Mostly if you threw on a set of Trofeo tires, the Fords would speed up measurably on the road course. No one seems to begrudge the Z28 its cheater tires, so let's level the playing field and see what happens.

You can buy one for 60k off the showroom floor now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

high_glove_side

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 AGM 1LE
This is what really needs to happen in any realistic car comparison, but never seems to.

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado
Doesn't the GT350R come with Pilot Sport Cups? Are we going to call those cheater tires too? Honestly, what's cheating about putting sticky tires on a car? Seems like the smart thing to do...

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
This is what really needs to happen in any realistic car comparison, but never seems to.
So much of the suspension is set up around the grip of the tires, that it is tough to try and "equalize" things by switching tired around. The MFG is free to put on whatever tires they want, so IMO you need to at least test with the stock ones. What might be interesting would then to swap tires and compare again.

-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Datsun 620 PU. LS1/6spd
The "Cheater tires" argument is tiring. Lets call it what it is. An excuse. Just like the LS guys complaining about the 2003 Cobra's supercharger. The Mustang guys crying about CID. The Camaro guy's harping on 16 extra valves and 3 more cams. They are all EXCUSES made to make whatever fan feel better about why xxx car didnt win xxx race, test, comparison or whatever.

Feeling that way I say the purpose of a test is to compare what each manufacturer sells. If one car has advantages over another then so be it. That's what we the consumer get to buy. If you start down the slippery slope of basically "modding" cars by removing oem parts to equalize tests then why not remove weight on a heavier car to make it fair. How bout adding a hot tune to the less powerful car to make it more fair. The scenarios are endless.......and pointless.

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
Did I miss something? Where is this GT350 vs .GT350R vs. Z/28 Head to Head that Randy Pobst supposedly has done?????
Sponsored