25.2 mpg unbelievable!

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
On a good day my 2015 V6 was about 16/31
On a good day my 2018 GT is about 15/28

Highly surprised with the MPG numbers compared to my V6….unfortunately gas looks like it’s going to hit $4 here in Norcal soon.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
:eyebulge: DAYUM!! I can get 100 octane I believe for that. Back when I supercharged my 2006 Mustang GT in early 2007 gas was around $1.60 and 100 octane was about $3.50, with the race tune it required 100 octane and I was shocked at how much I had to pay.

Now it's 2018 and friggin 93 octane is $3.90, I plan on a 3 liter Whipple but I believe I'll be able to have a similar configuration for 93 and 100 octane tunes.
Can get 100 octane here too.. works out to $12.70ish per liter. Anyways to all the naysayers.. Went on a few road trips, was curious about my economy, 30+mpg highway no problem with my GT. In town (around 850000 sheeple) 15-18ish depending on traffic. :cheers:

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
My cars lifetime average is 16.1 mpg!:first::lol::lol::lol:

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
In heavy traffic I try to get the best mpg because there is no spirited driving possible.
Exactly. And when I used to commute in rush hour, that's what it was like. And why I always drove a cheap 4 banger and drove the Mustang on the weekends. Would get no joy wasting gas/$/miles in a 5.0 sitting in traffic. Nope.

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
I drove my 2010 Camaro SS 950 miles from the West Coast to Billings Montana including over 4 Mountain passes at an average speed of 75 mph and averaged nearly 35 mpg for the trip. these new cars are Phenomenal

Sponsored

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
My car tipped the scales at 3580lbs (without my 190lb ass in it). My old 71 440 Roadrunner with about the same horsepower as my GT has now on it's best day at 50mph got mabey 5mpg :lol:
This is my yardstick as well... My "toy" cars are a 69 Plymouth Valiant with a 340, 4-spd, and 3.23 gears, and a 68 Plymouth Sport Fury with 440, auto, and 3.23 gears. Both are good for low teens at best, but don't get driven enough to worry about mileage much. When I finish the EFI and OD install on the Valiant, I'm expecting 20-ish MPG, but that's about it.

I've been driving a 2008 Honda Fit for the last 10+ years, and that car has averaged just over 33mpg in 107K miles. I've been looking at an Ecoboost PP as a replacement because I'm completely ready to lose 10% of my mileage for 180% more peak hp. I've been avoiding the GT in part due to the mileage penalty, but mostly because I don't want to find myself with a third toy car... if the mileage penalty isn't very high, it's going to be tough continuing to make that argument... :headbonk:

Kansas GT

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
Haven't reset my fuel mileage since I purchased my '18. I'm at around 1300 miles and have been averaging 21 MPG. This is my daily driver and sees a pretty even mix of city and highway driving. I wouldn't be surprised if I averaged around 25 MPG during longer highway drives. I'm happy with those numbers.

Like another poster indicated, manuals can be difficult to baby since they're so much fun to drive. :headbang: I just toss 92 octane in it at my local BP and drive it how it wants to be driven.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I've hardly noticed a difference with the current setup vs stock. 17-19 mpg average in mixed driving. Depends on how much I get into the throttle.

When brand new I achieved 24 mpg, strictly hwy cruising with no traffic. Haven't tried since tuning it.

FLA-GTPony

5.0 User
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I live in flat land Florida and I average 17.9 daily drive. Highway, I barley can kiss 22 at 75 and that is if i baby the throttle. I can fudge the numbers by resetting the MPG calculator and coasting from 75, was getting 99 MPG for about 10 seconds....

OP
OP
Loki-GT

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
I live in flat land Florida and I average 17.9 daily drive. Highway, I barley can kiss 22 at 75 and that is if i baby the throttle. I can fudge the numbers by resetting the MPG calculator and coasting from 75, was getting 99 MPG for about 10 seconds....
:lol:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Loki-GT

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It turned out to be a nice day today so I took the Mustang, forgot the Ipass so no tollway for me....

Intrepid175

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
It's entirely on how you drive it. I've found that most folks who "think" they drive in an economical manner, really don't. The 5.0 will get into the 20's without too much coaxing but a couple of slightly more aggressive acceleration runs is all it takes to kill that. I almost never have a pure city run so my averages are usually a little higher than the average but that's a fluke of where I live and how I drive. The one place I get to legitimately play from time to time is freeway entrance ramps. I can be over half way through a tank of fuel, where the average economy numbers should start being relatively stable, and run it up through the first three gears, and I'm not talking absolute full throttle and all the way to red line, and still loose a full mpg point doing it.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

It's entirely on how you drive it. I've found that most folks who "think" they drive in an economical manner, really don't. The 5.0 will get into the 20's without too much coaxing but a couple of slightly more aggressive acceleration runs is all it takes to kill that. I almost never have a pure city run so my averages are usually a little higher than the average but that's a fluke of where I live and how I drive. The one place I get to legitimately play from time to time is freeway entrance ramps. I can be over half way through a tank of fuel, where the average economy numbers should start being relatively stable, and run it up through the first three gears, and I'm not talking absolute full throttle and all the way to red line, and still loose a full mpg point doing it.
That's half the story. The other half is the terrain you traverse and what's been done to your car.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Terrain can actually help if it gives you enough opportunities to coast. We usually get our best mileage of a 700 mile trip to Colorado when we’re on our way way up the mountains. About 1/3-1/2 of that last leg is coastin downhill, so no fuel used. It I keep my foot out of the uphill parts, our 4wd Honda Pilot will pull nearly 30mpg. On the flats through TX and NM, it gets about 23mpg at 70-75mph.

OP
OP
Loki-GT

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Terrain can actually help if it gives you enough opportunities to coast. We usually get our best mileage of a 700 mile trip to Colorado when we’re on our way way up the mountains. About 1/3-1/2 of that last leg is coastin downhill, so no fuel used. It I keep my foot out of the uphill parts, our 4wd Honda Pilot will pull nearly 30mpg. On the flats through TX and NM, it gets about 23mpg at 70-75mph.
Coasting, idling, both use fuel if the engine is running. I'm looking forward to a road trip this summer.
Sponsored