Sponsored

2019 Camaro refresh to compete with 2018 Mustang refresh

McGruder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue '19 GT w/ 10 spd
Trying to decide which has the more aggressive look...
joe-dirt.jpg
2019-chevrolet-camaross-004.jpg
Sponsored

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
I had to make sure it wasn't still April 1st! The managed to make it even uglier than it already was/is!!!

Davestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Thanks Camaro/Chevy!

My daily driver is a chevy Volt to get carpool access in the SF Bay Area. Two months back my transmission on the Volt died under warranty. During the two weeks without Chevy gave me a Camaro SS to drive. I hated the poor visibility but loved the V-8, it reminded me of my favorite car of old - a 1989 Mustang LX 5.0 6 Speed I bought right out of college.

My other half thinks I've thrown a bearing or two but I placed an order on a loaded 2019 GT Premium last week. I will still need a hybrid daily driver for commuting but can't wait for my GT to arrive. Thanks Chevrolet! :)

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Somebody get the bug and tire remover out its got some kind of awful sh!t stuck on the front bumper :doh:
camaro-p3 (2).jpg

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
I intensely dislike the practice of painting the center bumper section black to give the appearance (but not reality) of a huge open grill in the front. It reminds me of a 2017 Camry. I think the 201X years are going to be remembered as the years of ridiculously large grills and this Camaro will be their king.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed theres a strange break in the LED under the headlights I just figured out what it is. Its crying because its so fug ugly:lol:
s1 (2)_LI.jpg

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Nice to see they're holding firm on their commitment to maintain zero trunk access for the people.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Why did GM design the retro Camaro to have such high doors with such low profile passenger compartment side windows (as well as rear glass)?? I think that is what throws off the whole design of the car, especially when looking at it from the side straight on... It just looks like they took design cues for a chopped 50 Mercury... and it doesn’t work.

Also, I don’t pay any attention to what’s new or improved with ANY GM product, so for those that do... did the previous Camaros have a beveled roof like the S550, or is that new to their 2019?

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
I think if they put color across the grill it would look similar to the Charger front end. Also, maybe they want the windows small so the driver can’t be recognized??

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
the RS looks better than the SS. Both the 6th gen refreshes on Mustang and Camaro are so close to actually looking good but small details.

1. The SS needs the flowtie higher up and into the grill and not the piece that resembles the crash bar.
2. The blacked out center piece doesnt fit the flow for the SS, the photoshopped color match looked much better
3. I do like how the white LEDs are whiter and closer to 6K (my favorite hue).
4. The rear taillights look like ass.
5. The reflector looking material around the headlight in the housing looks cheap and reminds me of older reflector cars.

Like our 2018's it does look better in certain angles heres the best I found
attachment.jpg

Stripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
The grill of the SS is starting to look very Lexus and that is not a good look... in my opinion.

Mason48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I am pretty much a GM guy to the bone (I traded a camaro in for my mustang 3 weeks ago, and it is my first ford product). The tail lights on the new camaro are not bad, but the "flow tie" is terrible. I wish they would go the way of the corvette and just take the bowtie off completely.
Sponsored