Sponsored

2019 Camaro refresh to compete with 2018 Mustang refresh

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
My opinion is the red one goes not look too bad, but the blue one...not so much.
Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I want to know how this front end design made it past the first round. I don't blame the designer, he was just throwing something out there and trying. I blame his damn bosses and Michael Bay. No way this thing should have made it into production. What I don't get is the concept Camaro in the 4th transformer movie actually looked bad ass, and they didn't use it. Now the fifth movie uses this fugly design and chevy just hits fuck it and actually uses it? I just don't get it?

I hope it gets faster with the A10 trans and destroys track times cause it needs to have something going for it. At least if it's in the lead you won't have to look back at that God awful design. Who knew they could make that boring ass rear end look like the better of the two?

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
This is just a nasty ugly hideous car. Opiions to each but how can anyone compare this to the mustang. Especially the 15-17 which is gorgeous.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Didn't think it was possible for GM to make the Camaro less attractive but they just did.

TC

Sponsored

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
GT350 and ZL1 will stay one of the most beautiful mustangs and camaros of all time! Period! I hope GM doesn't ruin the next gen corvette and Ford doesn't ruin the GT500!!!

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
i dont get what is so bad about this refresh. looks pretty similar to the last gen to me. just kinda looks like they refined some body lines and made it smoother not as bulky or squared. i dont hate it.

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
IDK. Kinda like it better than the 16-18 Camaro’s. It’s growing on me. When I first saw the pictures yesterday I didn’t like it. I pretty much still don’t care for the Mustang refresh.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Why did GM design the retro Camaro to have such high doors with such low profile passenger compartment side windows (as well as rear glass)?? I think that is what throws off the whole design of the car, especially when looking at it from the side straight on... It just looks like they took design cues for a chopped 50 Mercury... and it doesn’t work.

Also, I don’t pay any attention to what’s new or improved with ANY GM product, so for those that do... did the previous Camaros have a beveled roof like the S550, or is that new to their 2019?
Ever notice how automotive concept art always seems to look like that? Chopped windows, high beltline, kind of a squashed look. It's like they teach that style at automotive design school. Usually somewhere between concept art and production that stuff gets turned into something more functional. It seems like with the 6G camaro the goal was to build a car that looked exactly like the concept art.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Motor1 does an excellent job of reviewing the side-by-side differences between the latest Camaro and Mustang refreshes. Scroll down and you get a drag pic that lets you switch from one to the other (front and rear). The 2018 Mustang refresh really isn't bad in the front, much better in the rear. With the Camaro, I don't know what they were thinking. Maybe they should have had Motor1 help them visualize the changes first.

2019 Camaro refresh:

https://www.motor1.com/news/238655/2019-chevy-camaro-see-changes/

2018 Mustang refresh:

https://www.motor1.com/news/133813/2018-ford-mustang-facelift-comparison/

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
I like the original 6g rear end better. The new rear lights look a bit gaudy to me. Like they are trying too hard. Just look cheap over done.

I am sure the new front end will grow on me.

I do like the LED accents on the headlights, but don't like the "cheeseburger, layered front end look" GM loves that layered or stacked front end look (aka like on their trucks)
Sponsored