2017 Allocation Phasing

TMully06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2017 F80 M3, 2020 Lincoln Navigator Black Label
Hey guys... I did several searches and couldn't get an answer to my question so I apologize if this is duplication...

So my question is around the allocations for 2017's being released by Ford... and if it is normal that many dealers who got in the program (and received a 2016) don't have their 2017 allocation yet (and therefore cannot yet order).

In getting back on the horse after my previous allocation was canceled by the dealer... I have called too many dealers to count and I have two that are willing to order for me (@ MSRP... not that pricing really matters)... and have 2016's on the showroom floor (and bought into the program)... but do not have 2017 allocations yet.

Appreciate the insight anyone has in general or specific to the 2017 Shelby GT350...
Sponsored

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Everyone should know their 350 allocations for 17 already. Only question is the R's that haven't all been allocated. Everyone in the program should have gotten at least 1 for the 17 year. Anything more based on sales. Basically the same as 16

Some dealers worked special deals with ford to pilot marketing programs like a rental service and got an extra 350 as an incentive. Outside of those circumstances they should know.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
There have been rumorings of maybe reduced production for 2017. Not sure if I believe it necessarily though.

302toVoodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In Sport Mode ... ALL THE TIME!
I called Ford Performance this morning to check on the status of the order I placed on 4/23. They confirmed I was in "Unscheduled Material Hold" for my dealer's allocation. They also indicated that "Job 1" for the 2017 Model Year has now been completed. This includes a number of MY17 GT350's [as we've seen on other threads]. Thought that was interesting anyway!

Sharky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R (eta tbd)
I called Ford Performance this morning to check on the status of the order I placed on 4/23. They confirmed I was in "Unscheduled Material Hold" for my dealer's allocation. They also indicated that "Job 1" for the 2017 Model Year has now been completed. This includes a number of MY17 GT350's [as we've seen on other threads]. Thought that was interesting anyway!
Same here - unscheduled material hold. They did say that the dealers should know what quarter their allocation is for too. Sent a message to my sales rep - awaiting response...

Sponsored

rahtid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
There have been rumorings of maybe reduced production for 2017. Not sure if I believe it necessarily though.
My dealer was allowed to order 4 GT350s for 2016 and now their only allowed 2 for 2017. The rumor may be true.

pa93cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Guard Mustang
The dealer I use in PA had one early and one late 2016 allocations. They also won one R in the lottery. I spoke with the GM a week ago and they were told by the Ford regional rep not to expect a 2017 allocation. That may change later in the MY, but nothing for now.

MTWINN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Here's a stupid question: What does "Job 1" mean? :confused: I see it in posts from time to time, but have no idea what "job 1" is referring to. I've searched it and see it used, but not really what it means. Is it a certain criteria that Ford set? Is it internal lingo for start/end/etc date? Thanks.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
My dealer was allowed to order 4 GT350s for 2016 and now their only allowed 2 for 2017. The rumor may be true.
Anecdotal though being one data point. Regardless, being a reflection of base Mustang sales, that's one variable that could've changed for them year to year. :shrug:

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Here's a stupid question: What does "Job 1" mean? :confused: I see it in posts from time to time, but have no idea what "job 1" is referring to. I've searched it and see it used, but not really what it means. Is it a certain criteria that Ford set? Is it internal lingo for start/end/etc date? Thanks.
Start date for revision 1 of a given model. If there needs to be changes to a model during the year, they would commence on Job 2 date... from how I understand it anyway.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

Hard to tell. It could be that they are "releasing" allocations in batches. 2016, the dealers knew their allocation for the year (for the most part) and allowed owners to order them...then the customers had to wait and wait. Maybe this is their way of spacing them out.

MTWINN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Start date for revision 1 of a given model. If there needs to be changes to a model during the year, they would commence on Job 2 date... from how I understand it anyway.
Thanks for the explanation mattlqx. That makes sense.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Ive asked my dealers why they dont know their R allocation quarter and they cannot get any info from their reps, they just know they have the allocation but dont know when for.
I did ask another dealer and it took a while for the rep to get back with him. I Don't know how true it is or not but he said that Ford is picking them up by order date.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I believe allocation for 17 was more evenly distributed with more opportunities to earn additional allocation throughout the model year. Yes larger dealers got less but also have a chance to earn more if they sell the car quicker. At least that's what I've been led to believe through some conversations.
Sponsored