Sponsored

2016 Camaro and Mustang Photo Comparison

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
. I would take a 5G 1LE or ZL1 over the 6G, no questions asked.

I would too. I'd take it straight to the Kia lot and trade it in on an optima. I detest the 10+ Camaro and the 6g is even worse. Whoever designed it (and the c7) should be sent along with who designed the Aztec and c5. While
I like to see healthy competition, it sucks to see a blatant lack of vision in a muscle car.
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I would too. I'd take it straight to the Kia lot and trade it in on an optima. I detest the 10+ Camaro and the 6g is even worse. Whoever designed it (and the c7) should be sent along with who designed the Aztec and c5. While
I like to see healthy competition, it sucks to see a blatant lack of vision in a muscle car.
Well said. I was just being nice and did not want to be labeled a Ford homer, again :D. I would do the same thing you mentioned above:thumbsup::clap2:

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
The front looks a lot better than the fifth gen. Back is horrible. The mustang wins in the looks department, however the front definitely screams for a gt350 fascia.

Kpod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Black
The 3/4 view reminds me of a charger with a different spoiler and grill. Dodge and Chevy are both stuck on the boxy looking cars. It may be smaller but the boxy look makes it look larger to me.

I thought there was supposed to be significant change from one generation to another. This is just a shortened 5th gen with a different ugly grill.

OxFord6G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Premium + PP
After seeing the pictures I'm still pretty satisfied with my order of a 2016 Mustang even if it will be slower than the new Camaro. The front refresh looks nice but that rear... yeesh. :doh:

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I think it will look better without the rear spoiler...

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
How I feel about the front:

How I feel about the rear end:

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
I can see some Chevy guys picking the Camaro over the Mustang. It does look very similar to the last Camaro, and the rear looks cheap and boring. But all in all it isn't too bad. I will have to drive one when they become available, just to see what they are like.

Looking at the car from the outside it looks like visibility to the side and rear will be every bit as bad as the last version of the car.
Uummmm...I figure most of the Chevy guys are picking the Camaro over the Mustang because the Camaro is built by Chevrolet. Otherwise, why would we refer to them as "Chevy guys". No self-respecting Chevy purist would be caught dead buying a Ford product.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package ETA Feb (US Port) under MSRP

Sponsored

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package ETA Feb (US Port) under MSRP
That's been their M.O. since the '60's. Why would anyone think it would change with the new generation?:D:headbang:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Toyota called, they want their front end back.....

As stated, no revolutionary changes from the previous gen. Meh.

I remember seeing renderings suggesting a modern rehash of the '70-1/2 Camaro (pre crash bumpers), by far my favorite iteration of GM's Mustang ripoff. That would have been far more interesting than yet another (inferior) regurgitation of the '69....

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I'm biased toward Ford, but I think the Camaro looks decent in those photos. I can see some Chevy guys picking the Camaro over the Mustang. It does look very similar to the last Camaro, and the rear looks cheap and boring. But all in all it isn't too bad. I will have to drive one when they become available, just to see what they are like.

Looking at the car from the outside it looks like visibility to the side and rear will be every bit as bad as the last version of the car.
It's pretty decent looking other then that fin. Front looks good though I prefer their LT front vs the SS front.

The Mustang did hit it out of the park other then the Fusion/Catfish front end. Guarantee that will get 're-worked' in the refresh for '17 or we'll get a more GT350 look.

Khell86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt
The new camaro isnt bad looking, but the problem is that they tried too hard on the styling. Theres so many different lines and angles over every single part of the car. It ends up looking like a toy car in my opinion. I might just be getting old, but I prefer the mustangs more sophisticated and classic looks. It looks like a true sports car, while the camaro looks looks like a hyundai/kia thing mixed with a sports car.

IGJoe2192

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Automobile
So... what I got out of this is. The Premium Base Mustang looks better than the SS? BWAHAHAHA
Sponsored