Sponsored

2016 Camaro and Mustang Photo Comparison

Zomies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JK & 2010 Hyundai Accent
The front in these pics looks better than other but the ass is way out of per portion. The rear deck could really stand to be lowered a few inches. I want to to like it until I get to the rear
Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
I hated the 5th gen Camaro. LOVE the 6th gen. I'm in a situation where I will be ordering a car in three-four months, and thus actual timetable to get the car will be close to five months from now. I'm all in for the Mustang at this point.

But if by chance the Camaro RS/SS has hit the streets by then in convertible form and the test drive goes well, I might make my way back to Chevrolet after a very long absence.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
The new 6th gen Camaro is MUCH better looking than the outgoing model, but it just looks like an updated 5th gen to me. Why didn't GM go for a totally new look?

high_glove_side

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 AGM 1LE
I've been trying to figure out what it is I don't like about these new '16 models from an exterior point of view. They come across as 'blocky' to me, even more so than the prior ones. I think it's the distance from the top of the wheel well to the peak of the fender (especially in the rear) being quite tall, which makes the fairly short window area seem even smaller than it actually is. Like the car isn't quite long enough to pull that off.

All the proportions are just 'off' in very small amounts, and the entire thing looks awkward. Maybe I'll change my mind when I see one in person.

Additionally, that rear end is a step backwards from the prior gen, and looks rather milquetoast. I think the same thing of the C7 vette too though.... the rear of the C6 was superior.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I like it! So far from all the pics I seen I think it looks best in black. Not a big fan of the rear but I didn't care for the S550's rear until I seen it in person. Can't wait to drive one!

Sponsored

Davy_Baby9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRD
I like it! So far from all the pics I seen I think it looks best in black. Not a big fan of the rear but I didn't care for the S550's rear until I seen it in person. Can't wait to drive one!
They look awesome in person, way better than pictures tell. As far as looks right now GT350 > SS > Scat Pack > GT > * :headbonk:

Some better pics from the event.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
I think the front looks good. Drop it a bit to get that front end lower to the ground and it would look much better.

The back... Well, it looks like the Impala to me and that is to say, looks Hyundai/Toyota-ish. Not nearly mean looking enough.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
I like the front, back is just ok. Problem is, you can't see out of the car.

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
I was at the event on Saturday as well. There was a red LT RS parked down the hill when I left.
My pictures are crap, but why not:

The last pic doesn't help the front end any if at all, but I quite like the overall package. It does look much smaller and better than the 5th gen in my opinion, especially the taillights. I also think the LT/RS fascia looks better than that of the SS. I can't wait one day pick between the two hopefully in a year or a few.

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
The spoiler and color on that red helps it 1000%.
And i agree, in person the shock value is much higher, it looks mean and lower than the pictures show. Its a good looking car right off the lot. The s550 can look better after a few tweaks, but from the lot theres a few boring things

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
It's not bad, I do wanna experience it just for the sake of it (Since I've driven over 200 cars, probably black listed at a few dealerships since I did nothing but test drive) and I hope I can convince my friend to buy one so I can get a rivalry going

Not bad, definitely looks better than the previous gen, but still prefer Mustang :)

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
As some have said, I cannot STAND that rear spoiler(on that black SS).

Front and side look nice though.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
As some have said, I cannot STAND that rear spoiler(on that black SS).

Front and side look nice though.
Reminds me of the S197 pedestal spoiler, and God did those these look ugly to me, probably why my character has a Saleen

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
They look awesome in person, way better than pictures tell. As far as looks right now GT350 > SS > Scat Pack > GT > * :headbonk:

Some better pics from the event.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg
That thing is ugly. Nothing appealing about it AT ALL. I would take a 5G 1LE or ZL1 over the 6G, no questions asked.

markham51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 07 GT500 SS, MKIII Cobra, 68 Shelby GT500 KR Convert
Its not a "bad" looking car if you ignore the terrible back end. The truth is...GM got the first version right and everything else has been a step in the wrong direction from an exterior design standpoint.

The Mustang is the reverse. Ford had milked the previous design and started with a clean sheet of paper. I love my Mustang stable but can't wait to get into the GT350 to experience all that Ford has done with it's newest generation.
Sponsored