2015s at Mustang Alley in Detroit, and a quote from Dave Paricek

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Is WW a pearl? Hard to tell....

No.

I don't see the first flange or joint anywhere in the exhaust. Gonna make new exhaust harder and more expensive.

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
I was confused by the Guard convertible on the stand at Mustang Alley thinking that it was a 50th Anniversary Edition.

This picture shows a faux gas cap like the 50th Edition, but instead of "GT" it has the running pony. Below the pony it says something about 50th edition. I wish I had taken a close up picture. It also had the corralled Pony with the bar in the grill.

Eurospec pg2.jpg

I asked the Ford rep about the car and he indicated a number of the 50th Anniversary Edition components are available as options on non-Anniversary cars.

This Guard convertible with the Ecoboost, PP, the 50th highlight options, white stitched black interior, dark chrome IP is a very appealing car to me, without the cost and limitations of the Anniversary model.

Did anyone capture a closeup of the rear badge?

I wonder if the ability to option an Anniversary-like car will reduce the value of the official Anniversary car. It certainly confused me and was considerably more appealing to me.
50 year option.jpg

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I was confused by the Guard convertible on the stand at Mustang Alley thinking that it was a 50th Anniversary Edition.

This picture shows a faux gas cap like the 50th Edition, but instead of "GT" it has the running pony. Below the pony it says something about 50th edition. I wish I had taken a close up picture. It also had the corralled Pony with the bar in the grill.

Eurospec pg2.jpg

I asked the Ford rep about the car and he indicated a number of the 50th Anniversary Edition components are available as options on non-Anniversary cars.

This Guard convertible with the Ecoboost, PP, the 50th highlight options, white stitched black interior, dark chrome IP is a very appealing car to me, without the cost and limitations of the Anniversary model.

I wonder if the ability to option an Anniversary-like car will reduce the value of the official Anniversary car. It certainly confused me and was considerably more appealing to me.
Most of us buying the LE arnt looking to turn this for a profit. Like I said it doesn't matter what you stick onto your car it won't have any impact on the LE value hence why they have it is own model code P8R.

The rest ie: AP cars or cars parted together from the Ford catalog will just be tribute cars.

I'm ready for the hate from this post...

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC

You must not be spending hours and hours reading the dealer product guide :) :D

It's part of the 50th anniversary appearance package. There's a couple of threads out there on this, including a discussion about whether or not it might "water down" the 50 years car. I think there's enough distinction to say "it won't". For example, the louvered glass window is exclusive, and if what I heard is correct, it won't be a Ford service part that you can just order. You have to have a 50 years car VIN to get it ordered. Likely you would see that for other distinct key parts (chrome window trim, dash badge) as well.
DSC01059_resize25.jpg

Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
What was the question again? :lol:

The "appearance package" is not an LE. You get bright trim treatments, the 50 year gas cap, wheels, and different interior trim. A $1442 option will not detract from the LE's value especially when there are no 'real' production LE 'verts.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP