Sponsored

2015 Mustang Winter Driving Impressions

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
Ok guys... i have tested my Inferno in many conditions now..

1. First it was sleet which i already wrote about.

2. We have 3-4" of snow last week... i have all Season tires on.. and the car worked like a charm in snow mode.

3. Then it rained like shit same evening... and again perfect.

4. And as i am writing this 3 min back.. again its snowing outside and once in snow mode.. good traction .

LAst thing.. apart from all these i was using my head and not doing something stupid like hard turns n things.

All in all i would give snow mode a thumbs up
Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
GTPP here with blizzack lm32's. -3 Degree weather 4 inch of snow and ice. Car did better than most of the cars and trucks on the road this morning. Living in Chicago area so even more snow and ice is on the way. Kudos for snow mode, me and blizzacks. :thumbsup:

usa1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I've been impressed with the stock 18" all season tires on my GT Premium in Minnesota. So much so, I'm not going to buy snow tires.

FiveLiterDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've had no issues what so ever with the mustang so far. I daily drive a base GT with the 18" foundry wheels I typically start in second and with light throttle application the Stang drives true and straight with no wheel spin.

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
With all this praise for snow mode, some people should take a shot at driving without it on just to see how the other modes fare by comparison :p

Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
With all this praise for snow mode, some people should take a shot at driving without it on just to see how the other modes fare by comparison :p
I haven't used snow mode yet -- but the Michelin X-Ice tires make me feel like I'm driving a Snowmobile.

Mikeyd56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT Premium PP
I have a pp with blizzak lm-32 and I thought it went okay. I have been avoiding hills cuz the other day I stopped on one and spun. Think had to do more with a layer of ice from the freezing rain and then snow on top

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I slid around some this morning, and was a little freaked out driving past the 14 car pileup that happened on south bound 280 here in Minneapolis. I was going north by it and saw some of the cars were really messed up. They say nobody has life-threatening injuries, so that's good. I saw a few other spin outs and accidents, but a pileup like that is really nasty.

These below zero temperatures the salt and chemicals they put on the roads just don't melt the ice.

Kbreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium, Black/Saddle.
"Speak of the devil"....quick pic I snapped before my commute home from work tonight. As I said, 275/40/19 A/S on all 4...20 degrees outside, hour commute home, no problems. No, it's not much snow, but I wish I took some pics from last year. One of the worst winters LI has had in a long time, and I drove on this setup thru it with no probs.

Melekith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
usa1 said:
I've been impressed with the stock 18" all season tires on my GT Premium in Minnesota. So much so, I'm not going to buy snow tires.
FiveLiterDreamer said:
I've had no issues what so ever with the mustang so far. I daily drive a base GT with the 18" foundry wheels I typically start in second and with light throttle application the Stang drives true and straight with no wheel spin.
I also have a base GT with the 18" all-seasons. I'm in Wisconsin and we have had snow and freezing temps for the past 3 days. I'm very impressed with the Pirelli P-Zero Nero tires...and like you guys...so much so that I don't plan to purchase winter tires anytime soon.

I'm getting a summer wheel/tire setup but I'm glad that I can use the stock 18's for however many years through the winter!

I don't have the driving modes or anything...but I've just been starting in 2nd gear and I just...don't be an idiot. Car has driven just fine and I feel safe.

Sponsored

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
..but I've just been starting in 2nd gear and I just...don't be an idiot. Car has driven just fine and I feel safe.
:thumbsup:

That's what you do with MT car. Looks different with automatic cars. But hey. I drove 32 years without a snow mode and got through the winters on the roads. But honestly it is a nice future to have up NORTH. I know. Down SOUTH members like the TRACK mode much better. :D

michformulas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium
Unfortunately my power steering line fix on my 2000 F250 Superduty plow truck was incorrect and now on back order (darn hydroboost!). Truck in the shop since Dec 29th. I intended to drive my car through the winter but it has been my DD including hauling a 1/4 cow and 1/2 pig on ice+snow covered road. Winter hasn't been kind to about 5 miles of this road headed to our house. Wet snow turned to packed wet and had been ice the last 3 weeks. I feel more comfortable driving my Mustang down this every day vs. driving my wife's Denali down the same road. I am very impressed with this car now that I am used to it on the stock 18 all seasons. It was not my intention to use this car as my DD this winter but it continues to do very well. Traction control is confussing though. Even in track mode showing traction control off it won't let me spn the tires freely.

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB
Traction control is confussing though. Even in track mode showing traction control off it won't let me spn the tires freely.
You'll probably have better luck disabling advance trac (ESC) as well. hold the traction control switch for a bit and give it a shot.

Materials

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost 2.3T
Does every trim of 2015 have snow wet mode? I tested drive an EcoBoost last Saturday, and the dealer told me the snow wet mode is the same as comfort mode...Just wanna verify

Melekith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Does every trim of 2015 have snow wet mode? I tested drive an EcoBoost last Saturday, and the dealer told me the snow wet mode is the same as comfort mode...Just wanna verify
Only the 'Premium' trims with the toggle switches in the center stack have the selectable drive modes. Base models do not have this feature. "Comfort" mode is in reference to your steering feedback, which is a feature that all models have. Your salesman was wrong.
Sponsored